when does a ''wanna be'' DJ become a DJ?

ajb

20 hours ago, LEN said:

I've always liked the 'Northern Soul Mumble', never understood a word, but always liked it! :wink:

Len :thumbsup:

im with you len  got to acknowledge the last dj  big up the venue  & welcome you audience into your little world for an hour  little tweets of info for the collectors & anoraks .  be polite  

• Helpful 3
Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 13 May 2017 at 18:47, geeselad said:

don't think there's been any djs under 30 that have broken into the mainstream and have introduced new tunes that have been taken up at multiple venues. Now THAT is what the scene really needs!

I think its about perception, both for the DJ/collector and also the music/sound. I think Callum Simpson and I did fairly well in our late 20s to introduce Boco - Running the Mardis Grais to the scene (i'm sure others did too, before anyone nails me to the cross) but I can say with confidence we were one of the first. To give him his dues, Callum before me. 

James Pogson is another great character to give a nod too, an before any of them, Liam Quinn was pulling out all sorts of gems before he moved away from the scene - Felix Harris, Underground Express, Nina Dunn... he was on fire for a while. 

Edited by TailorMade Gaz B
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!