60’s & 70’s Northern : some tasty new titles and some discounted

Haven't sold anything in ages Lads 'n Lasses - let's be 'avin yer!

***SOLD*** Albert Jones     -   15 Cent Love   -    Kapp  ex £65  Guy Hennigan’s delightful early 70’s dancer from Stafford. Label b!ears a felt pen circle drawn around the middle

*** SOLD *** The Composers  -  Let’s Get To The Point / Chances Go Round  - Complex 3 ex £65 Lidle price on this fine mid tempo double sider

The Danderliers  - Walk On With Your Nose Up / All The Way  - Midas  ex  £75 I tried like a man possessed to sell this for a year with no interest, plugging the uptempo dancer All The Way that I had some joy with at Allanton in 80’s. Then someone pointed out the other side, which I never considered on account of the daft title, and it promptly sold. More fool me: ‘Walk On..’ is a cracking mid tempo, making this a quality double sider, and a nice one to find a spare of in the unloved box…

Diane Cunningham    -  Certain Kind of Lover     -      Fontana ex £75 another price slash on this top drawer Chicago mid tempo

*** SOLD *** The Fidels  -   I Want To Thank You / Boys Will Be Boys   -    Maverick   ex £40 my man Willie Hutch is calling the shouts on these two terrific sides of West Coast crossover grooviness

** SOLD *** The Fuller Brothers    -      Stranger At My Door     -    Soul Clock vg++  £175 cheapest price you’ll this mid tempo gem this side of the Millenium. Out and out bargain!

*** SOLD *** Harold Currington    -    One Day Girl/ African Twist    -     Tad   ex £65  the bargains keep coming. Never noticed the mad, mod-dy boogaloo groover on the flip before!

*** SOLD *** Leroy Taylor    -   Oh Linda / Nobody Can Love You    Brunswick  ex £65  quality, underplayed oldie, with a 6T’s Chicago groover on the flip. Again, priced to sell…

*** ON HOLD *** The Major IV   - Down In The Ghetto     -    Venture    ex £45    just right for today’s scene, this is a joyous, feel good late 60’s dancer that bears the vibe of co-writer Bob Relf

The Marvellos  - Down In The Sunshine    -   Modern demo  looks vg+ plays Ex  £45gorgeous mid tempo group Northern, price reflects condition. Flip ‘Down In The City’ is well shagged but it’s shite anyway so hey ho…

***SOLD*** The Rotations    -   Don’t Ever Hurt Me    -    Lawton    ex    £50  real good, funky edged groover from this perennially indemand group. Lovely sweet ballad flip, too!

***SOLD*** Sandra Phillips     -    You Succeded    -   Broadway   looks vg+, plays Ex. £50  Festooned with light surface scratches which don’t affect play

Terms (please do read this if you're gonna buy something) :

• Making an offer to buy - please PM me but also note on the sales thread there's a PM on the way.

• Prices - while I'm sure my prices are reasonable, I might be open to offers on some titles, so ask. Worst that could happen is I’ll say no, or maybe I’ll tell you to bugger off if you’re being really silly, but we’ll still be pals…

• Shipping - £8 for UK deliveries over £50 by Special Delivery; £3 for 1st Class ‘Signed For’ if under £50. Please note these are standard Royal Mail prices, rounded up to cover the cost of proper packaging, and are not negotiable. If you don’t want to pay £8 for Special Delivery, you do so at your own risk, ie if a record is lost or knackered in transit, you’ll only receive a £50 refund from me, regardless of the sale price

• Payment - PayPal only, and must be made on my acceptance of your offer. If you wish the peace of mind of paying as a business transaction,  please add 4% to the total (ie record plus shipping). If you want a wee bit of time to pay then just ask, but please don't assume I'll hold a record without prior arrangement.

• Returns – Honest Al’s no quibble, full refund guaranteed on the safe return of any record, where you disagree with my condition grading or if I haven't mentioned an obvious fault. I make a point of posting pics so you can see the condition of the labels before you buy. I won't accept returns because of a label's appearance, or because you've decided you don't really like the record after all, or some other daft reason.

Ok, that's the formal jive out the way. Thanks for looking, hope you find something of interest!

Cheers Alan

Danderliers - All The Way.jpg

Danderliers - Nose Up.jpg

Diane Cunningham.jpg

Major IV - Ghetto.jpg

Marvellos - Sunshine.jpg

Edited by Alan Walls
Update
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 1
  • Views 1.9k