Ncs Wolverhampton Soul Night/niter 25th November

Guest Chris Waterman

was a most enjoyable night, event to me has its own sort of unique feel due to the mixed crowd,the location, venue and best of all the great dancefloor reaction to everything that was dished out through out nite, as well as a uniue feel all above gave whole night a right old enjoyable buzz

good to catch up with a whole handfull of muckers that aint seen for a while and clock and chat to some long time members on here for first time

andy if reading congrats on your news!

thanks to s and l for lift :lol:

mike

• Replies 73
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

was a most enjoyable night, event to me has its own sort of unique feel due to the mixed crowd,the location, venue and best of all the great dancefloor reaction to everything that was dished out through out nite, as well as a uniue feel all above gave whole night a right old enjoyable buzz

good to catch up with a whole handfull of muckers that aint seen for a while and clock and chat to some long time members on here for first time

andy if reading congrats on your news!

thanks to s and l for lift :yes:

mike

Wasn't eveybody kung fu fighting, huh? :thumbsup::lol:

Just got up, still suffering from jet lag, so last night didn't help. But a great night and as others have said people were up for dancing. Really enjoyed doing my set there and the dance floor was full to known and unknown tunes, 60's and 70's nice to see. Also had a great nite at Soulful Sessions in Worcester on friday, good weekend all round except for lack of sleep. :thumbsup:

sitting here, been trying to remember the lyrics as thought might have used a phase or something

but nah not that :lol:

lost at moment so go on then...

A friend of mine who was going to go told me that the Stables had been doubled booked with some Kung Fu class and didn't start until 11. I was trying to make a joke which will obviously and spectacularly will/has fallen flat on it's face if it's not true..... :thumbsup:

A friend of mine who was going to go told me that the Stables had been doubled booked with some Kung Fu class and didn't start until 11. I was trying to make a joke which will obviously and spectacularly will/has fallen flat on it's face if it's not true..... :D

Nearly correct, except that I believe it was Karate not Kung Fu

It also wasn't a class it was a presentation night.

...and it finished at midnight not 11.00...

Otherwise ...........spot on :P:D

Great night, top venue.

Couldn't believe hardly any R&B got spun until I went on at 4.00 a.m. so what could I do.....??????????????? :yes:

Oh, and yes the crowd loved it...great to see Danny Owens packing floors at Northern allnighters :yes:

Thanks to Wazz for swapping sets with me (me being a lightweight clean living boy who can't hack the full nighter and then drive home :thumbsup: )

Never got that drink out of Chris....... :lol:

Dave Rimmer followed me out of the toilets to the bar to cadge a sneaky free pint off me...any one else being caught out by Dave in this way :lol::P

Anyway, thanks to Chris for the spot...loved it...playlist below....

Willie Kendricks - Change your ways

Ernest Mosley - Stubborn Heart

Nat Hall - Why?

Danny woods - You had me fooled

Danny Owens - You're a little too late

Fred Bridges - Baby don't you weep

5 Royals - Catch that teardrop

Leo Price - Hey now baby

Jimmy Fraser - Of hopes dreams and tombstones

Curtis Lee - Is she in your town

L Allen - Can't we talk it over

Chapter Five - You can't mean it

Bobby Valentine - Use it before you lose it

Anna Belle Caesar - Little Annie

Jo ann Henderson - Baby please don't go

Marv Johnson - Come on and stop

7th Ave Aviators - You should've held on

Herb Ward - Strange Change

Martells - Where can my baby be

Bobby Kline - Say something nice to me

Ralph Graham - She just sits there.

Edited by Mace

Otherwise ...........spot on :yes::D

nice spot mace, come on need more feedback...this is a top venue.

Malc

Great night, top venue.

Couldn't believe hardly any R&B got spun until I went on at 4.00 a.m. so what could I do.....??????????????? :yes:

Oh, and yes the crowd loved it...great to see Danny Owens packing floors at Northern allnighters :lol:

Thanks to Wazz for swapping sets with me (me being a lightweight clean living boy who can't hack the full nighter and then drive home :thumbsup: )

Never got that drink out of Chris....... :lol:

Dave Rimmer followed me out of the toilets to the bar to cadge a sneaky free pint off me...any one else being caught out by Dave in this way :D:P

Nat Hall - Why?

Leo Price - Hey now baby

Otherwise ...........spot on :P:lol:

:lol::lol:

Did I mention that the person furnishing me with the facts was female????? whistling.gif:unsure::lol:

I'm glad it was a good night, I went to the last niter there and had just the best time and I plan to be at the next one...... :yes:

Play list from the night

Charles Mintz-Running back-Up look

Bill Brandon-Streets got my lady-Piedmont

King of Soul-Is your love for me-Down To Earth

Jack Montgomery-Dearly Beloved-Scepter

Masquaders-It's the same thing-Soultown

Holidays-Without your sweet love-C/U

Smith Brothers-There can be a better way-Soul Dimension

Earnest King-You gonna miss me-LK

Crystal Motion-You're my main squeeze-Sound Gems

Pages-Heartaches & pain-Sunstruck

Bad Weather Inc-I never never knew-Bad Weather

Jimmie Raye-Philly dog round the world-KKC

Vicki Williams-Do I make myself clear-Morgan Park

Ortheia Barnes-I've never loved nobody-Coral

Arthur Prysock-If I was a boy-Bell Sound Studio Disc

Chosen Few-Birth of a playboy-Canyon

Precious Three-I need a man-Ref-O-Ree

Soul Bros. Inc-Pyramid-Golden Eye

Marshall Donovan, Broomfield-Since I found my baby-Augusta

Otherwise ...........spot on :P:lol:

Great night, top venue.

Couldn't believe hardly any R&B got spun until I went on at 4.00 a.m. so what could I do.....??????????????? :lol:

Oh, and yes the crowd loved it...great to see Danny Owens packing floors at Northern allnighters :yes:

Thanks to Wazz for swapping sets with me (me being a lightweight clean living boy who can't hack the full nighter and then drive home whistling.gif )

Never got that drink out of Chris....... :unsure:

Dave Rimmer followed me out of the toilets to the bar to cadge a sneaky free pint off me...any one else being caught out by Dave in this way :lol::lol:

Nat Hall - Why?

Leo Price - Hey now baby

NO PROBLEM MACE, GOTTA LOOK AFTER THE YOUNGSTERS, YOU PLAYED A CRACKER AGAIN,

PLAYLIST FROM WAZZ;

CAVALIERS HOLD TO MY BABY RCA

TRADITIONS MY LIFE WITH YOU BARCLAY

BROTHERS ARE YOU READY FOR THIS RCA

THE EXPORTATIONS I WANT YOU VIR-RO

PEGGY PAXTON IT AINT WHAT I DO PAULA

ROBERT JOHN RAINDROPS LOVE& SUNSHINE A&M

HELEN TROY I THINK I LOVE YOU KAPP

EMANUEL LASKEY DONT LEAD ME ON BABY THELMA

JELLY BEANS YOU DONT MEAN ME NO GOOD ESKEE

THELMA LYNDSAY PREPARED TO LOVE YOU MAGIC CITY

ORTHELLO ROBINSON SO IN LUV ERA

THE STAR TREKS GONNA NEED MAGIC VEEP

Guest Chris Waterman

I have not beern able to get on line much because of the house move, many thanks to all the DJ's for not busting my balls for the shorter spots and for helping to make Saturday a cracking night.

The cock up was down to me as the owner had told me the venue was double booked a few months ago, but i forgot :yes: Well I thought I had it sorted and agreed to move the Karate night to another venue only to be told last week that they could not move and I was buggered if i was going to war with a load of black belts!!

Well Max found another venue at short notice :lol: and it was a bit of a chance but it worked as we had around 150 in the soul night 3 miles down the road and fair play to the Karate people they helped out and cleared their room by 12.15 and we got up and running by 12.30 and they just kept coming in and by 1.30 we had a very busy room.

I had no time to get to the bar until 5 and by then Mace had gone :lol: but i did buy Molly and Mick H a beer and little Scotty a tea...........so i think the cracks about me never going to the bar are unfounded :)

Many thanks again to all the DJ's, Door staff and all who attened

we will be back on October 30th for a £2 soul night and then the Allnighter Jan 27th with Ronnie Walker singing live and supported by Mick H, Kev Murphy, Andy Dyson, Steve C, Jumpin Joan and my Residents. Tickets will be available soon and the buzz for this is very good.

Thanks Again

Chris W

we will be back on October 30th for a £2 soul night and then the Allnighter Jan 27th with Ronnie Walker singing live and supported by Mick H, Kev Murphy, Andy Dyson, Steve C, Jumpin Joan and my Residents. Tickets will be available soon and the buzz for this is very good.

Thanks Again

Chris W

Do you mean December 30th Chris....? :)

Guest Chris Waterman

Do you mean December 30th Chris....? :lol:

Yep got mixed up should read December 30th and i will be by the Bar..........now that i have found where it is :)

Guest sharynm

I have not beern able to get on line much because of the house move, many thanks to all the DJ's for not busting my balls for the shorter spots and for helping to make Saturday a cracking night.

The cock up was down to me as the owner had told me the venue was double booked a few months ago, but i forgot :yes: Well I thought I had it sorted and agreed to move the Karate night to another venue only to be told last week that they could not move and I was buggered if i was going to war with a load of black belts!!

Well Max found another venue at short notice :lol: and it was a bit of a chance but it worked as we had around 150 in the soul night 3 miles down the road and fair play to the Karate people they helped out and cleared their room by 12.15 and we got up and running by 12.30 and they just kept coming in and by 1.30 we had a very busy room.

I had no time to get to the bar until 5 and by then Mace had gone :lol: but i did buy Molly and Mick H a beer and little Scotty a tea...........so i think the cracks about me never going to the bar are unfounded :)

Many thanks again to all the DJ's, Door staff and all who attened

Thanks Again

Chris W

I don't think Kev will be able to go in January Chris because as he was driving home on Saturday night/Sunday morning a UFO landed directly in front of his car and he was taken up and experimented on for hours and hours, they also wanted to know what Nokia were up to, so experimented on his phone too, thus making it impossible for him to contact me. When he did eventually arrive back, he sat in the front room for the next eight hours looking blankly out of the window, with slightly watery eyes (again a side effect of the experimentation).

I tried to counteract the effects by slaving over the oven for hours making him a roast dinner but to no avail, he couldn't eat a thing! those pesky aliens :D I think he may be a little scared of going out at the moment due to his obviously terrifying experience and because HE'S GROUNDED :lol:

Thought it was my dutie to add a few more words only just about recovered!

Spent the best part of 2hrs driving round Cannok looking for the warm up venue, then decided to ring some one and we headed to brookfields to get the directions only to get back on the M1 to find J12 was shut :unsure:

Musicly it was really well rounded, bit of every thing for every one Steve T's spot with the likes of Parisians, and some really good uptempo 60's that Nomads cover up sounded ace all though he informs me its uncovered now, but forget what it was called? Dave T threw in a mixed bag of 60's and 70's some 'known' stuff and a few new bits to me, Orthiea Barnes sounded excelent as ever, Mace threw some 'northern friendly' R&B into the mix which had them packed on the dance floor, any info on that Fred Bridges mate? sounded awsome only ever herd the Wilson Picket version and IMO doesn't touch Luthers version, but the Fred B, has got some balls to it, Wazz's spot with the likes of Star treks hit it, Only caught the first bit of mikes spot with the likes of Lorrie Burton ect, as over indulgence got the better of me and my eyes were rolling into the back of my head at that point :D

Looking forward to a trip here again in the new year excellent venue :lol:

Edited by Baz

Mace threw some 'northern friendly' R&B into the mix which had them packed on the dance floor, any info on that Fred Bridges mate? sounded awsome only ever herd the Wilson Picket version and IMO doesn't touch Luthers version, but the Fred B, has got some balls to it,

One on John Manships for £400 at moment mate (Carl Willinghams copy) :D

I had no time to get to the bar until 5 and by then Mace had gone :unsure:

Not before he had a pint off me :D . Had a good night :yes: 4 or 5 people said to me when i got there at 1am What the fcuk is it 4am already. Had told everyone i wouldnt be there till that time but Leon,s 50th bash in Gloucester ended at 12 so blame him for the confusion i caused. whistling.gif

Steve

Guest Phil Richards

I had no time to get to the bar until 5 and by then Mace had gone :lol:

Not before he had a pint off me :yes: . Had a good night :lol: 4 or 5 people said to me when i got there at 1am What the fcuk is it 4am already. Had told everyone i wouldnt be there till that time but Leon,s 50th bash in Gloucester ended at 12 so blame him for the confusion i caused. :lol:

Steve

Yes we know you had me looking at my watch laugh.gif:lol::lol:

Great night, top venue.

Couldn't believe hardly any R&B got spun until I went on at 4.00 a.m. so what could I do.....??????????????? :lol:

Nat Hall - Why?

Leo Price - Hey now baby

Just read your play list Mr Mason....& would have made it for L Allen alone (had I known you were gonna' give him a spin!) Flippin brilliant set mate.... (am still wading through the Bidds C.d's I bought offa ' ya would you believe?!?) .....

Gail x

(Fellow R n B fan....& now with a whole 10 45's in her box! :lol: )

Source Advert