Rocky Gil & Huey Meaux

My colleague Tony Rounce is doing another Huey Meaux project and needs three Ex condition records for dubs if anyone could be so kind.

Rocky Gil & The Bishops – It’s Not The End (Tear Drop 3101) 

And either

Jerry (Count) Jackson – The Band Doll (Tear Drop 3001) or

The Boogie Kings – The Band Doll (Pic 1 121)

Ronnie Milsap – Total Disaster (Princess or Warner Brothers)

If you let me know with an email address ideally, I'll pass you over to Tone who will lavish gifts upon you in gratitude.

Ta

Ady

Social source share

Hi Ady, saw this thread and thought of an Mp3 I grabbed of Ebay well over ten years back, scan below, and uploaded the Mp3... It's not the complete song I'm afraid, and simply entitled 'She Said' I didn't win this acetate at the time, but Ive often wondered whether it actually came out or was this an illusive unreleased track that got away from me...

be interested to know yours and Tony's feedback, is it anything special in terms of Huey's productions?

Mal

Unknown Huey P. Meaux acetate out of Texas.jpg

Unknown Huey P. Meaux acetate out of Texas.mp3

Edited by Mal C
Social source share

On 16 May 2017 at 22:27, Mal C said:

Hi Ady, saw this thread and thought of an Mp3 I grabbed of Ebay well over ten years back, scan below, and uploaded the Mp3... It's not the complete song I'm afraid, and simply entitled 'She Said' I didn't win this acetate at the time, but Ive often wondered whether it actually came out or was this an illusive unreleased track that got away from me...

be interested to know yours and Tony's feedback, is it anything special in terms of Huey's productions?

Mal

Unknown Huey P. Meaux acetate out of Texas.jpg

Unknown Huey P. Meaux acetate out of Texas.mp3

The seller had two unknown Huey P. Meaux discs. I have both of them, so four tracks in total. I also have a copy of the unreleased Marilyn Fowler R&B acetate that was getting some spins a few years back. If of the slightest bit of interest to Tony...

• Helpful 1
Social source share

8 hours ago, Russell Gilbert said:

The seller had two unknown Huey P. Meaux discs. I have both of them, so four tracks in total. I also have a copy of the unreleased Marilyn Fowler R&B acetate that was getting some spins a few years back. If of the slightest bit of interest to Tony...

it was you Gilbert!  laughs...

Good to know they have surfaced on here mate

Mal

Edited by Mal C
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!