Blackpool Tower Weekender Need Some Help

spot

I CAN`T BELIEVE THAT WITH JUST 2 DAYS TO GO THERE`S NO POSTING FOR BLACKPOOL TOWER WEEKENDER !!! :ohmy:

Are us Goolies & our friends the only people going? Or is it we`re just not excited enough about it? :wicked:

Well I am excited as this could well be a one off (we don`t know) & what a room & place to have it ! That alone should make it memorable, then add good friends & music (ok! oldies I know) & that should make it unforgettable. :good:

So anywhere particular to meet on friday for a pint or any other helpful hints? :lol:

Edited by spot
  • Replies 62
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I CAN`T BELIEVE THAT WITH JUST 2 DAYS TO GO THERE`S NO POSTING FOR BLACKPOOL TOWER WEEKENDER !!! :(

Are us Goolies & our friends the only people going? Or is it we`re just not excited enough about it? :thumbsup:

Well I am excited as this could well be a one off (we don`t know) & what a room & place to have it ! That alone should make it memorable, then add good friends & music (ok! oldies I know) & that should make it unforgettable. :good:

===

i rang for ticket s this week and was told to pay on the door as theres loads of tickets left....just going up for the saturday night

I CAN`T BELIEVE THAT WITH JUST 2 DAYS TO GO THERE`S NO POSTING FOR BLACKPOOL TOWER WEEKENDER !!! :shades:

Are us Goolies & our friends the only people going? Or is it we`re just not excited enough about it? :(

So anywhere particular to meet on friday for a pint or any other helpful hints? :yes:

his it all oldies :yes: or will they be playing rare stuff in 1 of the other rooms :thumbsup: like skeggy????
Guest Glawsters Best

I CAN`T BELIEVE THAT WITH JUST 2 DAYS TO GO THERE`S NO POSTING FOR BLACKPOOL TOWER WEEKENDER !!! :(

Are us Goolies & our friends the only people going? Or is it we`re just not excited enough about it? :thumbsup:

hi pete gail and gail won't beable to come this weekend pity but i'll see you next week or the week after for party

So anywhere particular to meet on friday for a pint or any other helpful hints? :shades:

hi pete gail and i won't be able to make it pity see you next week brighouse or sheridans the week after is party time in gloucester

TALCUM POWDER SOUL

WWW.GLOUCESTERFM.COM

EVERY WEDNESDAY 7PM TO 9PM

IN THE GLOUCESTER AREA 96.6FM

I never missed a Fleetwood but this one's not for me I'm afraid,

central Blackpool in November brrrrrrrr
thmbdn.gif

Have fun though

I'm going to Ikea instead - deep joy.
:thumbsup:

They're not holding it outside you know!!!!! :shades:

it were cold and wet on the prom today Dodger

morecambe possee will be there though just spoke to charlie

hes raring to go

will be in touch soon

im doing a turn in the hornpipe 600pm till 645pm Saturday evening :(

hope to see many in there crossover and seventies and a pot pourri of choons

plumby will be following :thumbsup:

They're not holding it outside you know!!!!! :thumbsup:

Ah but the cold gets right into your bones you know :shades:

Sheer luxury compared to the time at Fleetwood when they had a huge industrial blower to heat up the Tent. You couldn't stand within 5 yards of it, but any further away and it was like an icebox

Still, my minds made up. It's the yummy Ikea meatballs for me :(

im doing a turn in the hornpipe 600pm till 645pm Saturday evening :(

Your problem is Ockers that you're not telling enough people about your spot on Saturday teatime, you need to promote yourself a bit more :thumbsup::shades::yes:

Still, my minds made up. It's the yummy Ikea meatballs for me :(

Hard to beat. :thumbsup: My brother in law has actually travelled over from Liverpool on occasions just to have his tea at the one in Warrington!! :shades::yes:

Your problem is Ockers that you're not telling enough people about your spot on Saturday teatime, you need to promote yourself a bit more :thumbsup:laugh.gif:P

:(:lol::lol:

expect quality dodger!!!!

:yes::yes:

and on this occasion

none of this

:shades:

looking forward to your sessions dodge

request coming in.......

victor fields when somebody loves you back

see you friday night geezer

:(

big plug for anyone who is going this weekend

mike at records and relics on Caunce Street in Blackpool has six tasty boxes of vinyl just in

everything from £2 to £500 soulful sides from the 60s and 70ss and a splash of 80ss

but theres racks of cheap but quality soulful sides

he takes wants lists too

hes on caunce street in blackpool just up from the syndicate

open 1000am till 530pm each day

well worth a visit this weekend...trust me on this

bargains to be had

cheers sean

if you want to get the wants list in

email me and ill pass on to mike

sean@onthescene.co.uk

Edited by ockers

https://www.visitblackpool.com/?OBH=12

the metropole hotel is very close to the tower may be pricey

depends on how much you want to spend

lots of good accommodation on albert road which is very close well as close as you can get to the town centre about 200 yards/300 yards from tower

https://www.blackpoolhotel.com/grandmetropolehotel.html

https://www.metropolehotelblackpool.co.uk/

best try for bed and breakfast on albert road

ring blackpool tourism 01253 478222

if you cant get through ring 01253 477477 and ask for tourism accommodation

and ask for a decent hotel on albert road

its near and theyre not bad at all

Edited by ockers

big plug for anyone who is going this weekend

mike at records and relics on Caunce Street in Blackpool has six tasty boxes of vinyl just in

everything from £2 to £500 soulful sides from the 60s and 70ss and a splash of 80ss

but theres racks of cheap but quality soulful sides

he takes wants lists too

hes on caunce street in blackpool just up from the syndicate

open 1000am till 530pm each day

well worth a visit this weekend...trust me on this

bargains to be had

cheers sean

if you want to get the wants list in

email me and ill pass on to mike

sean@onthescene.co.uk

bugger sussed out...... laugh.gif

my wants list is yours mate :wicked:

i must get a key for that bloody wardrobe :thumbsup:

bet youve got a newday lurking in the dust

yes thats 600pm saturday evening for an lps worth and plumby following so i hope you will be joining me for choonage messrs dixon and mills form morecambe have already reserved seats

see ya for cocktails

cliff morgan

Guest Glawsters Best

https://www.visitblackpool.com/?OBH=12

the metropole hotel is very close to the tower may be pricey

depends on how much you want to spend

lots of good accommodation on albert road which is very close well as close as you can get to the town centre about 200 yards/300 yards from tower

https://www.blackpoolhotel.com/grandmetropolehotel.html

https://www.metropolehotelblackpool.co.uk/

best try for bed and breakfast on albert road

ring blackpool tourism 01253 478222

if you cant get through ring 01253 477477 and ask for tourism accommodation

and ask for a decent hotel on albert road

its near and theyre not bad at all

hi becareful with the metropole hotel there was tv documentry a few weeks ago they are doing some building work the rooms have hot water or heating scaffolding all around the building it was builders from hell

leon

TALCUM PODWER SOUL

WWW.GLOUCESTERFM.COM

EVERY WEDNESDAY 7PM TO 9PM

IN THE GLOUCESTER AREA 96.6FM

:lol: Could any one help and tell me what is the nearest decent hotel with any stars to the blackpool tower,

:wicked: thanks for any help thumbsup.gif

I hear Aunty Vi's B/B have little and large on twice a week at the vienese ballroom in the front room do they qualify as "Stars" :thumbsup:

didnt know about that at metropole

and auntie vis like that yes i think they do

she rang us up the other week though wouldnt recommend staying with her

shes nuts ie barking

seriously..............

i work in blackpool........

wet windy and cold up here everyone

youll need a nice comfy room to stay in

new primark opened behind tower

mconalds and kfc right behind tower there too for snick snacky snoos

loads of bars as youd expect

didnt know about that at metropole

and auntie vis like that yes i think they do

she rang us up the other week though wouldnt recommend staying with her

shes nuts ie barking

seriously..............

i work in blackpool........

wet windy and cold up here everyone

youll need a nice comfy room to stay in

new primark opened behind tower

mconalds and kfc right behind tower there too for snick snacky snoos

loads of bars as youd expect

Ockers

Football Pundit

Disco DJ

Head of Tourism & Leisure

Primark Catwalk King

"The Man Is A True Genius"

What time are you on again? & what about Plumby?

Guest stash313

Ockers what about parking mate?

I only ever make it up to Blackpool for the Hilton so haven't got any good parking ideas. Anywhere fairly safe and in near distance to the venue?

Ta mate.

Ockers

Football Pundit

Disco DJ

Head of Tourism & Leisure

Primark Catwalk King

"The Man Is A True Genius"

What time are you on again? & what about Plumby?

i also stand in for the guy in a glass cage outside the fun house :lol:

sounds like stuart hall :lol::lol::lol:

so thats 600pm saturday evening in the hornpipe lounge shhh.gif

chinstrokers welcome

plumbster is on 645pm

:thumbsup::wicked:

Ockers what about parking mate?

I only ever make it up to Blackpool for the Hilton so haven't got any good parking ideas. Anywhere fairly safe and in near distance to the venue?

Ta mate.

Hi Sean

the open car park is central car park near coral island/mcdonalds

if youre driving back friday night like myself that where you want to be

as its open all night and ther is cctv

thankfully illuminations finished last weekend so you will be ok

easiest car park to find if you follow route in from m55 down southern gateway

loads of parking spaces as its a huge car park

BUT whatever you do dont leave anything and i mean anything in view in your car otherwise youre sorted with the heroin addicts who will take the jar of coffee etc etc

but otherwise its safe parking and 4 minutes to the tower entrance 10 at most depending on how quick you walk

if your ehungry

then theres mcdonalds pizza hut burger king harry ramsdens and kfc a minute each way from the tower

:wicked:thumbsup.gif

https://www.blackpool.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres/5...GES20062007.pdf

Can't find any mention of it. He must be keeping quiet about it . . . . :thumbsup::lol::lol::lol:

thats 600pm

hornpipe lounge

dont miss it

that cat is making me dizzy

essential listening

and orwell crew follow me

:lol::yes::yes:

Edited by ockers

Looking forward to this one...great venue and worth going just to have a dance in the fantastic building itself !

Plus the idea of being in the centre of Blackpool and NOT staying in a caravan in a cold windy muddy field and has a lot more appeal !

Guest Ste Brazil

The first Hilton Luxury Soul events in Blackpool in January we had amazing sunny weather. But who cares...we're inside anyway!

The weather can do what it wants - cant wait! :yes:

Ste.

Guest stash313

Ahhh yes it was amazing sunny weather Simon but it was also January and f'ing freezing...

Think I prefer the windy rain swept days in January for The Hilton, they add to the comedy value.

Speaking of which not long to go for this years. Bring it on!

Edited by stash313
Guest stash313

Oh and thanks for the info re: parking food Sean, think we'll head there.

Won't be able to make your set as won't be getting over till around 8-9 but good luck mate.

so thats 600pm saturday evening in the hornpipe lounge :D

chinstrokers welcome

plumbster is on 645pm

Been a bit busy this week so not had much chance to post.......................but i'm here now ........better late than never :D

The Hornpipe is the place to be on Friday and Saturday evening i reckon? It's gonna be a combination of The Fleetwood tent AND the New Grooves room rolled into one......................so it should be a rockin' in there!

The Hornpipe is actually shut on Saturday afternoon, so the usual afternoon Tent Session is in the Tower Lounge BUT you need to get your bad selves back into the Hornpipe by 6pm to hear Sean O'Connor, as i've heard a rumour he's doing a set at 6pm :yes::yes:

(Is it at 6pm Sean, wasn't sure :yes: )

If you're doing both nights........the Hornpipe starts at 9pm on Friday

Seek it out, you won't be disappointed :yes:

PLUS the record dealers who normally frequent the Modern Room at Fleetwood will be in the Hornpipe too!!!!!!!!! wicked.gif:P

Cheers

Steve Hornpipe

Been a bit busy this week so not had much chance to post.......................but i'm here now ........better late than never wink.gif

The Hornpipe is the place to be on Friday and Saturday evening i reckon? It's gonna be a combination of The Fleetwood tent AND the New Grooves room rolled into one......................so it should be a rockin' in there!

The Hornpipe is actually shut on Saturday afternoon, so the usual afternoon Tent Session is in the Tower Lounge BUT you need to get your bad selves back into the Hornpipe by 6pm to hear Sean O'Connor, as i've heard a rumour he's doing a set at 6pm :yes:wicked.gif

(Is it at 6pm Sean, wasn't sure :yes: )

Seek it out, you won't be disappointed :yes:

PLUS the record dealers who normally frequent the Modern Room at Fleetwood will be in the Hornpipe too!!!!!!!!! :P:D

Cheers

Steve Hornpipe

ive heard that rumour too

:D:D

are you bringing that crossover version of the blue peter theme to get the ball rolling

:yes:

Sean Hornpipe

#

Hey m8 never said "Oldies were boring", only put that as I was waiting for the inevitable comments to that effect. I love em all, some more than others but even I get sick of the same 50 - 100 when there are thousands that don`t get a spin. :thumbsup: Anyway not off down that road as it`s been travelled to many times before. :thumbsup:

Us soft southerners can make it up from London, just put on them new things called coats and gloves.

Looking forward to a weekend of stupidity and fun ! ! :thumbsup:

I don't think you need worry! I think you'll find the Winter months (esp at night)in the south east are colder than than the north west coast.

temps.tiff

Been a bit busy this week so not had much chance to post.......................but i'm here now ........better late than never wink.gif

The Hornpipe is actually shut on Saturday afternoon, so the usual afternoon Tent Session is in the Tower Lounge BUT you need to get your bad selves back into the Hornpipe by 6pm to hear Sean O'Connor, as i've heard a rumour he's doing a set at 6pm wicked.gif:P

(Is it at 6pm Sean, wasn't sure :thumbsup: )

Seek it out, you won't be disappointed :thumbsup:

PLUS the record dealers who normally frequent the Modern Room at Fleetwood will be in the Hornpipe too!!!!!!!!! :D:D

Cheers

Steve Hornpipe

Steve

Am I right in thinking you are on in The Hornpipe after Sean O'Connor - & it's 6.00 pm Saturday when it all starts.