What's you biggest sales cock-up?

I'm always curious what records people have sold, only to realise that they have, perhaps, spectacularly goofed up...

I don't mean "20 years ago I sold Purple Mundi for a tenner and now it's worth £500" - more, you list a record for sale, sell it after two minutes and are then deluged with 100s of messages for weeks and months after and think "hmmm, I think I might have messed up slightly there!"

Apologies if this opens old festering wounds, I'm sure it'll be cathartic in the long run... :wicked:

Social source share

Guest Gogs

About 7/8 years ago i gave a load of re-issues and boots away to a local charity shop, Does that count, now that i have seen what they can fetch on EvilBay.

Social source share

On the buying side, I thought I could outwait a seller he wanted £80.00 for a Baby reconsider, I only wanted to pay £60, what was I thinking about. Refusing to buy a Nolan Chance on Bunky for $200.00. Selling (some years ago) 3 copies of Trends - Thanks for a little loving £300.00 each. Hey-Ho

Edited by Chris L
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

I really don't know where to start but a mint Nathen Williams on Lime for £60 wasn't my finest hour even if i had only paid $2 for it. After I promised it to the buyer I got endless emails etc. aking if i was mad?, wtf there has ever been much doubt about that.

Edited by Kegsy
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!