A big big thanks to Rod aka Modernsoulsucks!

Just now, NEV said:

Top man is Rod, witty, sharp and all round good guy .

Stirling job done !

Big thanks and hope you are well 

Appreciated

Nev 

Will 2nd that Nevilo, was almost an honour to get your arse kicked by him when you stepped out of line :thumbup:

Hope you still gonna contribute on here Rod

Kev

Edited by kev cane
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Sorry to hear that  you are calling it a day   Rod ,       Thanks for  help  when needed in the past , hope you are  still going to be contributing   on here ,   The site will find it very difficult to replace  a man of your calibre . Look after yourself man . 

Social source share

On 5/26/2017 at 09:01, jordirip said:

Your wit, dry sense of humour, knowledge and history will be much missed. Respect to you sir.

I've had Rod for a friend for 37 years.  He's a great bloke, and will be sorely missed as a moderator.  Of course, I hope he'll still be here commenting.  Yes, he has a lot of knowledge.  He was my main tutor about the Northern Soul scene during the 1980s and 1990s.  Yes, he's quite the wit, and one of the funniest people I've ever met (and I'm a comedy writer, for a living! :lol:)

• Helpful 3
Social source share

18 hours ago, modernsoulsucks said:

Thanks to all for kind words.

Wanted to spend more quality time with the wife.

Moderation clashes with prison visiting times.

Good on yer!  Life is short.  I hope to "semi-retire" starting next June, and stop off in England for a week or two then, on my way back to Holland.  Hope to meet the Ace/Kent crew, and come up to Lancashire, maybe even Scotland.  Meanwhile, I hope you'll still frequent this forum.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Paddy
On 2017-5-26 at 12:05, mike said:

Rod @modernsoulsucks just let me know me yesterday that he would like to 'bow out' and hang up his moderation hat .

A bit of a shock and a shame really as Rod has over the last 7 years or so (!) played an major integral part of Soul Source. both looking after the sales side of things and also his time and efforts put in towards the overall running of the site.

You just need to take a look at the current sales forums/features to see how good a job that he has done, it's a busy and worthwhile major part of the site!

I have passed on my personal thanks to Rod  already for all the time and effort (often unseen) that he has put in but would like to take the opportunity to say it all again in public and also say that he will be missed could be said to be the ending of a era on here!.

Like all the other soul music fanatics who over the years have stepped up and volunteered to moderate on here, Rod is one of the main major reasons why soul source is in the good rock solid place it is today.

Many thanks Rod and wish you good luck in the future

mike (site owner)

Many thanks rod, for all your efforts & best regards & best wishes for the future,  yours gratefully pat murphy 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!