Vikkie Anders - I Need A Love So Bad - 45 Cream Co.

Guest Brad Hufford

Guest Brad Hufford

I recently purchased a record price guide (Manship). I have a record that looks to me rather rare and pricey that I was hoping I could get more information on. The artist is Vikkie Anders on The Cream Co. "I Need A Love So Bad b/w Crook Your Little Finger.

I can't find much info online about the record other then a few references to it being a rare Northern Soul tune. I'd loved to know more about the artist and history of the record. 

Thanks,

Brad H.

Social source share

Carl Fortnum and Butch the only two copies I know about. Carl has had it years, got it from Tim Ashibende I believe, loved "I Need Your Love" side since I first heard it.  Butch got a copy off eBay I believe a few years ago.  Either may comment if they see this.

Edited by chalky
Social source share

• 5 years later...

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, neckender said:

Almost correct Chalky.  The first copy that i got was an acetate on a US buying trip in the late 80s. I didnt know who the artist was until I mentioned it to Tim and he filled me in about the Cream copy that he found.  I later bought a Cream copy on Ebay from a guy who had bought Rene Hall's storage unit after his death. Rene Hall was the arranger on this record and a multitude of other records.  The A-side, 'I need a love so bad' is written by Bob Relf and the B-side is 'crook your little finger' the same song as Anne Heywood's version.

Nice one Mark, I didn't remember hearing you play it before the ebay sale.  Should be played more, maybe next week 👌

Social source share

On 14/11/2022 at 18:47, Chalky said:

Nice one Mark, I didn't remember hearing you play it before the ebay sale.  Should be played more, maybe next week 👌

I didnt play it until recently.  I had much better records to include in my spots back in the 80s and 90s.    But it did finally get onto the shelf of possibilites, as I did more European bookings. 

• Up vote 3
Social source share

9 hours ago, neckender said:

I didnt play it until recently.  I had much better records to include in my spots back in the 80s and 90s.    But it did finally get onto the shelf of possibilites, as I did more European bookings. 

Didn’t you play “ Crook His Little Finger “ at The 100 Club recently Butch ? I thought it was Ann Heywood at the time .Cheers Eddie 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!