Jenny Burton - Bad Habits

Guest vinylvixen

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Tvl4ttXUaA - Pete Smith jogged my 8Ts soul memories with his Patrice Rushen post....wow, this was HUGE back in '85...I'm loving YouTube...off to dig up more classics :yes: . Jo

God yeah :thumbsup: I remember this!!! now why are records of this calibre not on the 80s soul weekenders compliations?? always the same ole songs, just like some of the Northern compilations, Keep em coming em gal. Delx

Social source share

God yeah :yes: I remember this!!! now why are records of this calibre not on the 80s soul weekenders compliations?? always the same ole songs, just like some of the Northern compilations, Keep em coming em gal. Delx

I'm pretty sure it recently appeared on one CD funny enuf.

Have a listen to 'Soul Togetherness 2006' if you like this kind of stuff...the opening track, a cover of 'Let's Groove' by Funky Company is very retro/80's.

Social source share

Guest Lady Maverick

Ice or roller....leg warmers?? :thumbup: Glad you like it :thumbsup: Jo

:yes: Roller skates...mine were white with pink pom-poms and bells and I had matching leg warmers!

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

laugh.gif Roller skates...mine were white with pink pom-poms and bells and I had matching leg warmers!

OMG, that is so cool...are there any other closet roller disco'ers on the site :D I couldn't....I'm unbalanced laugh.gif Jo

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

This is a great track. The original Sky Channel used to play this all the time.

Carl, I've just dropped Jenny Burton an email via You Tube and asked if she'd like to put a few lines up on Soul Source about her career since 'Bad Habits'....I think that would be fab...let's see if she does thumbsup.gif Jo

Edited by vinylvixen
Social source share

Guest Carl Dixon

Jo - she has a great voice. I think I had a crush on her when I first saw the video on Sky, before I started working for them. As I knew the UK top 40 crew at work I managed to get a copy of the video from the archives. Indeed I played the record at a gig Friday before last and noticed the barman was singing the words as he juggled his bottles and drinks.

I think it would be lovely for her to call in and say Hi! Jenny, if you read this, the song is timeless and stands out from the crowd. I am tempted to play it every time I do a gig as it deserves it.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!