RARE/OBSCURE/DIFFERENT

Gilly

Don't know if this has been done before but I was thinking about known records but with a difference, might be the label colour (issue/demo) the type settings, the record #   ok Here are two of my examples to start off and to help you understand what the fuck I'm going on about

CAPITOLS, CANT DENY THAT I LOVE YOU, OMEN  Green issue

SWEET CHARLIE BABE, IVE GOT IT ALL, SOUL FOX  Same as Charles Simmons

• Helpful 3
Social source share

32 minutes ago, Gilly said:

Don't know if this has been done before but I was thinking about known records but with a difference, might be the label colour (issue/demo) the type settings, the record #   ok Here are two of my examples to start off and to help you understand what the fuck I'm going on about

CAPITOLS, CANT DENY THAT I LOVE YOU, OMEN  Green issue

SWEET CHARLIE BABE, IVE GOT IT ALL, SOUL FOX  Same as Charles Simmons

ive had the demo of the capitals,and that is shockingly rare,ive never seen a green issue..do you have it?

• Helpful 1
Social source share

7 hours ago, dobber said:

ive had the demo of the capitals,and that is shockingly rare,ive never seen a green issue..do you have it?

No I don't own one but a guy called Tony Parker orig from Northants used to have a copy

Social source share

7 hours ago, chas said:

A minefield of a topic is this Gilly, Jimi Hendrix,same backing as the fabulous George Scott 'I'm a fool for you'.Hi to you and your lovely lady from Eileen and myself.

Lovely song Chas, and our regards back to Staley Bridge x

Social source share

On 2017-5-29 at 10:22, Gilly said:

but I was thinking about known records but with a difference, might be the label colour (issue/demo) the type settings, the record #  

Ya know what Gilly I'd never had you down as an obsessive before.......

Dx

I remember years ago just as I was starting to get deeper and deeper into records a well known collector (who was a couple o' years older than me) said to me "Ya know I realised I had a problem with records when I had the west coast demo, the west coast issue, the east coast demo and the east coast issue of the same record".....

I was deeply impressed and wished I would have said "You say that as though it's a bad thing".

Edited by Derek Pearson
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Off the top of my head, would the Chattanooga label release of Bobby Boyd & the Playboys - You Don't Have To Be Crazy / Higher & Higher qualify as beong, one of, "rare/obscure/different"?  I think the Scepter label release is fairly common but not so sure about the Chattanooga 45.  Same label as the Playthings - When You Come Home.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!