• Replies 24
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest vinylvixen

Quality!

Any one remember who Cherelle's replacement was for the UK tour?

5 points up for grabs.

On their debut night at Hammersmith Odeon on their first tour, it was Cherelle....I know - I was in the front row :thumbsup: But what happened...did she get sick or summat later in the tour? Jo

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Quality!

Any one remember who Cherelle's replacement was for the UK tour?

5 points up for grabs.

Wasn't it Jaki Graham, Col?

TONE :yes:

Social source share

On their debut night at Hammersmith Odeon on their first tour, it was Cherelle....I know - I was in the front row :thumbsup: But what happened...did she get sick or summat later in the tour? Jo

Must have been a subsequent tour then.

Capital Radio ran a sort of talent contest for the general public and the result was.....a bit fixed.

Tell you tomorrow :yes:

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Must have been a subsequent tour then.

Capital Radio ran a sort of talent contest for the general public and the result was.....a bit fixed.

Tell you tomorrow :D

I know....the Flying Eye woman :D Ruby Turner, Princess, Sade?? oh bugger it, I give it :D I await your answer, Colin :D Jo

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Good work.....it was Princess :rolleyes:

She wasn't bad....but never heard much after 'Say I'm your Number One'.... :thumbsup: wonder what happened to her. LOL - that guess was off the top of my head :P Jo

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

She wasn't bad....but never heard much after 'Say I'm your Number One'.... :thumbsup: wonder what happened to her. LOL - that guess was off the top of my head :lol: Jo

She was 'managed' by her brother, who more or less scuppered her career by systematically p*ss*ng off everyone who'd ever tried to have a business relationship with Princess - or so I've been told by several people who belong in both those categories!

...so, I wonder who did I see Jaki Graham supporting and singing with at Hammy Odeon, then?

TONE :D

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

She was 'managed' by her brother, who more or less scuppered her career by systematically p*ss*ng off everyone who'd ever tried to have a business relationship with Princess - or so I've been told by several people who belong in both those categories!

...so, I wonder who did I see Jaki Graham supporting and singing with at Hammy Odeon, then?

TONE :D

Hmmm....I'm trying to think who came over round about the same time....Luther, Freddie Jackson...Did Timmy Thomas and Nicole ever come over...'oh those New York Eyes'....weren't you working in Lewisham then, Tony? and deejaying in a pub near the record shop. You recommended the 4 Tops 'Feels like fire' to me.... :thumbsup: That tune always reminds me of you... :lol: Jo

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Hmmm....I'm trying to think who came over round about the same time....Luther, Freddie Jackson...Did Timmy Thomas and Nicole ever come over...'oh those New York Eyes'....weren't you working in Lewisham then, Tony? and deejaying in a pub near the record shop. You recommended the 4 Tops 'Feels like fire' to me.... :lol: That tune always reminds me of you... :D Jo

Jo, I do remember that Jaki had just released "Heaven Knows" as I remember her introducing it as 'my next single', so she hadn't really had any hits then. I also remember the show being compared by the useless Steve Walsh. But who was the star? It definitely wasn't Luther, I went to both his UK debut shows on the same night and he sang "If This World Were Mine" with one of his backing vocalists. Definitely wan't Freddie Jackson, I've never seen him live. And when I saw Alexander O'Neal on his first tour, at Croydon Fairfield Halls, Cherrelle sang with him....

I remember Nicole coming over and doing PAs, I don't recall Timmy Thomas being part of the deal although I might have been too busy looking at Nicole's legs to notice :thumbsup:

Yes, they were my Lewisham years - wonder what ever happened to them? :yes:

TONE

Social source share

Guest Lady Maverick

Saturday Love - alexander o'neal and cherrelle - tabu

11433 refosoul

From THE BEST OF CHERRELLE CD...this still gets people on the floor!

Social source share

Takes me back to my youth when i had a mullet and farahs went 2 see loads of the 8ts soul acts live. Regina Belle,Mellisa Morgan,Loose Ends,Luther,Freddie Jackson,Maze with our Frankie B ,Whispers..found out later the 6ts stuff was better!!!,Karen White,blues n soul,black echoes,pringle jumpers for goalposts!!!

Edited by nick hackett
Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Takes me back to my youth when i had a mullet and farahs went 2 see loads of the 8ts soul acts live. Regina Belle,Mellisa Morgan,Loose Ends,Luther,Freddie Jackson,Maze with our Frankie B ,Whispers..found out later the 6ts stuff was better!!!,Karen White,blues n soul,black echoes,pringle jumpers for goalposts!!!

Jumbo baby blue cords, home perms for men, Antaeus by Chanel....ah, the smell of the 8Ts and the horrible Kouros... :D i'm off to find more links...Jo

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

I saw Regina Belle at that time too. Brilliant! Pieces of A Dream, Will Downing, Lillo Thomas, Jean Carne at the Dominion on a Sunday (eh, Jo?), Freddie Jackson - it was all good.

Pieces of a Dream were excellent - about 15 people in the audience at Hammy Odeon including Michelle Fowler out of Eastenders (don't know her proper name)....Jean Carne was stunning - I think Closer than Close had just been issued and that was the tour to support it - Dave, did we go together or had I recommended the gig to you and you were there?? Blimey, I can't remember :D I can remember hammering the 12" in the shop....with that superb sax solo in it. I never got to see Regina or Lillo :( A bit later in the 8Ts, Tashan came into Red Records where I worked at the time and handed me tickets for his show...and i sat in the VIP lounge with Oran Juice Jones and Tashan...the gig was somewhere strange - it was Def Jam Promotions but I can't remember where - I seem to remember the club being near the British Museum - but it could be my mind playing cruel tricks in my old age :D Jo

Social source share

We just happened to bump into each other at Jean Carne Jo. It was the "You're A Part Of Me" promo tour. I remember she asked the audiencefor requests and someone shouted "Early Morning Love". She said the band don't know it but I'll sing it anyway - off she went on an accapella version note perfect. Wonderful!!

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

We just happened to bump into each other at Jean Carne Jo. It was the "You're A Part Of Me" promo tour. I remember she asked the audiencefor requests and someone shouted "Early Morning Love". She said the band don't know it but I'll sing it anyway - off she went on an accapella version note perfect. Wonderful!!

You're right....it's all coming back very slowly :thumbsup: Shame they don't have gigs at the Dom any more. It was lovely.... :thumbsup: Jo

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!