Voices from the Shadows issues 1-6, 20 & 21

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 

On 02/06/2017 at 18:44, Scotters said:

Please let me know if you've spares or willing to sell any of issues 1-6, 20 & 21 of this brilliant series of soul mags from the 80s/90s.

Many thanks, Steve

Hi Steve

i have the following

Voices vols 10, 21,23,25

Togetherness vol 3 (no CD)

Soul Serenade vol 9

IMG_3385.thumb.JPG.a0575e3823beb234b95215bde450ffbe.JPG

Just give me a price for all

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Thanks so much to DaveK for selling me issues 1-6 of Voices + some other really great reading material...much appreciate Dave!:thumbsup:

Paul...I'll be very happy to take issue 21 off your hands if you still have that please and if anyone else can then help me with issue 20, I'll be very grateful and will then be able to complete my Voices Bingo card and claim my prize from Rod Dearlove:D

Cheers, Steve

Social source share

• 1 year later...

Thanks so much to Graham & Mark for getting in touch and helping me with the final two issues I was missing and also for the Christmas Hamper special from ‘92! 

Doubt very much that Rod Dearlove will do any more issues or specials..but I’ll keep asking him as these are absolutely brilliant!

8F4E4A0F-251D-42CE-9120-6AA0F996E2BC.jpeg

• Up vote 2
Social source share

The collection looks good , Steve

The greatest magazine produced in my opinion it encompassed all types of soul -- modern , crossover , northern and everything else in between and wrote in a professional and informative way where the love and enthusiasm of the music shone through. 

Used to love the Jan Barker column his musical taste echoes mine , also Tims column was great too and lastly Rods articles which turned me on to some great music rare and the common but unplayed.

The magazine is sadly missed by me and many others I would say , I would still subscribe today if it was still in print. 

Graham

Edited by shinehead
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!