Jumpinjoan

• Replies 68
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Tis now!! :yes:

:thumbsup: Got this image of you sat there in a Studio with a count down like they used to do on Top of the Pops :thumbup:

I'll have to go & get me earphones now, too late to put the speakers on.

Edited by Bogue
Social source share

Runnin' Around - tony amaro & the chariots - loma

11307 refosoul

See you started with three Loma tracks Joan, been having a bit of a Loma fest myself of late. Three tunes on the lable arrived on my doorstep this week, A demo of 'Soulful Sound of Music' to replace my stock copy, Charles Thomas demo & this double sider from Tony Amaro & the Chariots. Bit of a forgotten favourite i think.Talented bloke that Tony Amaro too !! wasen't he the chief super in the bill ? :yes:

Edited by Bogue
Social source share

something's burning - marvellos - loma

11309 refosoul

Smokey the Bear would pull out all his hair?

:thumbsup: I've never noticed that lyric before Simon.

Never tire of hearing that tune, awesome :yes:

Looks like you may have started a LOMA Friday Joan

Edited by Bogue
Social source share

JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF YOU - apollas - loma

11304 refosoul

As usual, Frolicking Friday off to a cracking start..... and what a way.... 3 of the best from the Apollas.... still got all 3 on This Is Loma album which i got 25+ years ago, and wondered then why i only use to hear Mr Creator over... :D and over.. :D and over again :D at Nighters...Delx

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

think about it - burgess gardner & the soul crusaders - more soul 905

11328 refosoul

Instrumental time, and a sound very simular to a 'Popcorn' Wylie production in the sounds stakes.

Social source share

think about it - burgess gardner & the soul crusaders - more soul 905

11328 refosoul

Instrumental time, and a sound very simular to a 'Popcorn' Wylie production in the sounds stakes.

Very very nice, in a weekend cruising way, can just imagine meself, in the garden...chillin' on a warm sunny Friday evening, listening to this, mellow mellow right on...Delx

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

monkey see - monkey do - banny price - jewel 733

11329 refosoul

And another instrumental . . . perhaps with a leaning to the 'mod' side.

Social source share

monkey see - monkey do - banny price - jewel 733

11329 refosoul

And another instrumental . . . perhaps with a leaning to the 'mod' side.

Can just hear the roar of scooters...... a dark smoky club.....very atmospheric, so cool, it's freezing :rolleyes: Delx

Social source share

grab your clothes (and get outside) - minnie epperson - peacock 1960

11330 refosoul

What can one say? A shouter from the start!!

Another one for the dark atmospheric basement clubs.... :rolleyes: thanks for sharing music this good mate, really enjoying your toons, Delx

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

Mr. Schemer - brenton wood - wand 145

11331 refosoul

What I'd call a 'HAPPY' type tune. Organ supplied from Blackpool Pier . . . probably . . . not!!

Social source share

Mr. Schemer - brenton wood - wand 145

11331 refosoul

What I'd call a 'HAPPY' type tune. Organ supplied from Blackpool Pier . . . probably . . . not!!

Very happy and a very easy dancer, doesn't distract from it's quirky beat and good good feel tho, :rolleyes: Delxx

Social source share

THINK SMART - fiestas - old town

11332 refosoul

Make no excuses for this one what so ever!!

When i first started going to niters... this was one record i always thought i'd never get... although it's not that rare i know.

Still feel dead proud when i play it.... got everything a soul record should have... and more :rolleyes:

Edited by jumpinjoan
Social source share

Guest martinsbox

If - mayfield singers - mayfield 7712

11333 refosoul

Believed to be the first record played at the 100 club's first nighter . . . I may be wrong.

Social source share

GET HIP TO YOURSELF - soul shakers - loma

11321 refosoul

Ooooh.... love this to bits... just FAB!!! :rolleyes:

Oooh yes...with you on this one Joan...a spinetingler, Delilah ain't half bad either a cracking double sider :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

sir galahad - the elites - era 3146

11334 refosoul

You want 'Northern' on a 'Northern' label, say no more!! Unheard, unplayed and totally brilliant. Listen to this MONSTER.

Social source share

11332 refosoul

When i first started going to niters... this was one record i always thought i'd never get... although it's not that rare i know.

Still feel dead proud when i play it.... got everything a soul record should have... and more :rolleyes:

Once heard this on Radio 4 as an introduction to a feature on Smart cards :thumbsup::P honest

B

Edited by BLAKE H
Social source share

Guest martinsbox

Very happy and a very easy dancer, doesn't distract from it's quirky beat and good good feel tho, :rolleyes: Delxx

It's very nice to have someone who appreciates the same music as thy self. Thank you very much for your comments.

Martin :thumbsup:

Social source share

11332 refosoul

Why make excuses for a good slab of Northern....Delx

Social source share

If - mayfield singers - mayfield 7712

11333 refosoul

Believed to be the first record played at the 100 club's first nighter . . . I may be wrong.

yehaa!!!! what a wonderful unusual record,big orchestra sound,100 club record thru and thru,but could also work i feel in a venue as big as (dare i say it) kings Hall, Delxx

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!