25 x RARE MODERN SOUL - EBONY STONES KIC 7MPH PANACHE etc

Some very rare records here  -Very fair prices - Grab yourself a bargain! Offers always considered on multiple buys - Hope you find a want or new discovery in here!
PayPal payment as ‘friends & family’ or (you pay PayPal costs.)  Please note that due to work/family commitments postage of your 45 may take up to a week.     

6 Rare 10" one off modern soul pressings
Some very rare modern soul here- Save yourself a few £1000  with this fantastic collection of rarities! I can do a special of £115 for all 6 10" below - a real Bargain!

1) Ebony Stones Featuring Jade ‎– We Wanna Do It / Take You Higher VG+ £20  10" @ 45rpm - Very special one of a kind pressing sourced & recorded from both original 45's and tastefully remastered to sound even better for optimum playback over todays PA's 

2) K.I.C. ‎– You Don't Want My Love/ Ramsey & Company ‎– Love Call VG+ £20 10" @ 45rpm - Very special one of a kind pressing sourced & recorded from both original 45's and tastefully remastered to sound even better for optimum playback over todays PA's 

3) Best Friend Around ‎– It's So Good To Know/Steve Marshall - Maintain VG+ £20   10" @ 45rpm - Very special one of a kind pressing sourced & recorded from both original 45's and tastefully remastered to sound even better for optimum playback over todays PA's 

4) High Frequency ‎– Summertime/ Panache - Sweet music VG+ £20 10" @ 45rpm - Very special one of a kind pressing sourced & recorded from both original 45's and tastefully remastered to sound even better for optimum playback over todays PA's 

5) Brand New - Party Time/7 Miles Per Hour Band ‎–  Playing Your Game VG+ £20 10" @ 45rpm - Very special one of a kind pressing sourced & recorded from both original 45's and tastefully remastered to sound even better for optimum playback over todays PA's 

6) Higher Feelings ‎– I Wanna Stay High On You (Incredibly rare £2000+ 45 withdrawn record from the Kent Catalog due to group politics. All copies were destroyed with barely any escaping the factory doors)  Aged In Harmony ‎– You're A Melody (Edit) / Hubert Laws - Family (Edit) Ex £30
Wow this is a killer 10" - my favourite of the whole lot - I left the best til last. Don't be put off by the word 'Edit' Nothing has been added to any of these tracks - just good bits extended a bar or 2 and unecessary soloing (on the hubert laws track) taken out to keep the groove to make you move.
I can't tell you how many time I've dropped the Family trk & the Higher feeling trk to have at least one person come to the decks to enqure who it is. The guy who mastered these tracks just did the best job - They sound loud and clear but not over compressed or unnatural - whoever bags this will be happy I can guarantee!!  SOLD

19 rare Modern soul 45's

1) Evans Pyramid - No, I won't/Soul petrol (SMOKAH) Ex £50 Superb private press modern soul - An absolute gem - Listen to 'No, I won't' for a
lesson in pure emotional & soulful vocals - gets me every time!  SOLD

2) Charles Earland ‎– Drifting / Ahead Of Your Time (Mercury ‎– 73869) PROMO Ex £40 2 sided monster of modern soul - Sounds like a £100+ 45 - rising in price as we speak!

3) Asha Puthli ‎– Right Down Here/ I dig love (German CBS ‎– CBS 2203 (On cover), CBS ‎– CBS S 2203 (On vinyl) this is inherent on all copies)  Cover = VG+ Vinyl = Ex £35 Epic modern nugget on rare German only forty five. Only way to own this on 45

4)  Jerline And Friends ‎– Joy Trip (Part 1) / Get It Off My Conscience Street Soul Records SSR6 Ex £20

5) Jon Lucien ‎– Would You Believe / Searching For The Inner Self (RCA042, Ampex Records) Ex £35 Very rare issue of 2 absolute killers on one 45 - great price £80 over here >>https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/290653801 SOLD

6) The Last Generation ‎– Just A Chance In Life / You're All I Need (Légère Recordings ‎– LEGO 048) £20 Limited 25 press RED SPLASH vinyl 2012 reissue of this sought after 1983 Modern double sider

7) Esther Phillips ‎– Home Is Where The Hatred Is / 'Til My Back Ain't Got No Bone (Kudu ‎– KU-904) Ex £25 Absolute classic - the version of the Gil Scott classic  SOLD

8) Stevens & Foster ‎– I Want To Be Love / What Would I Have (If I Didn't Have You) (Soul Spectrum ‎– SLSP.012) M £12 Pure brilliance and about £500 cheaper here - mastered directly from OG tapes so sounds superb! SOLD

9) Julius Brockington & the magic force – This feeling (freedom) part 1/part 2 (Burma) Ex £15  

10) Pleasure ‎– Ghettos of the Mind/I'm mad (Fantasy ‎– F-774) VG+ £7.50 Killer groove – bargain of the list! SOLD

11) Pure Funk - Get Away / Nothing Left Is Real (Alexis Records ‎– ALX-2010) M £7.50 Monster repress OG is £500 45

12) Ronnie Keaton / Maggie Thrett ‎– Going down for the Last Time / Soupy (Galaxy Sound Co. ‎– GSC 45 02) M £7.50 2 very rare funk killers on one 45

13) The Stony island band - Stony island band/Same (Glades) Ex White label promo £7.50 Top drawer party starter at silly price!

14) The Prophets Of Peace ‎– The Max / You Can Be Maxx Records (2nd issue) £5  Superb soul track that smashes any dancefloor

15) Cardell Funk Machine - Shoot your shot/It's all over (PPU) Ex £5  Two tracks ranging from funk to steppers soul. Recorded in Donald Burnside's studio when Cardell was only 19. £30 elsewhere

16) The Summits – Let me love you again/ It takes two (DC International) Ex £7.50 This terrific female soul two-fer was recorded right here in my neck of the woods... in Silver Spring, MD! The A side has a Philly soul feel to it, and the B side (which by the way is not the Marvin Gaye-Kim Weston duet) is a terrific dance number that's been very popular in the Northern Soul scene.

17) Big Apple Band B.A.B. /  Pinch Of Perfection  ‎– Party & Get On Down / All That's Left Is Memories (Pluto) Ex £5 Save yourself £800 on this loud reissue repressed from the master tapes & long deleted!

18) The Fabulous Fugitives and Their Review* Featuring Michael Sharkey ‎– What the World Needs/You made me cry (Cultures Of Soul Records ‎– COS 004) Ex £5 2 monster modern/funk sides!!!

19) Morning After – Hey Girl / Disco – Tick (Reward Records) M £5 Rare lookalike RE Great slow to mid-temp Soul side, with a frantic Disco flip, nice Crossover sound…www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9_0c--79K0

Edited by Guest
Item Sold
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 3
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

• 6 months later...

Get involved with Soul Source