Chris Turnbull's profile photo

Late 70's Jazz Funk Scene

Audio Lists Chris Turnbull

Posted

The "Burnt Toast ..." Mike Pedicin is the father of the "Just West Of The East Side" Mike Pedicin .

• Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Timillustrator said:

Is it that same Mike Pedicin?

Edit: I didn't notice someone already replied to that question. Discogs credits if you want to check them out https://www.discogs.com/artist/1389188-Mike-Pedicin

Edited by Martin S
  • Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted

In the inner booklet of the 14 LP's box "The Philadelphia Story" by Street Sounds on wich appears "Soncere (The Infinite Hour Glass)" says that the father of Michael pedicin Jnr. had a hit with "Take A Hand" in the 50's. "Soncere" is, IMHO, one of the best jazz - fusion tracks on the entire PIR catalogue.

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted
On 17/04/2019 at 09:06, Josep Manuel Concernau Robles said:

"Soncere" is, IMHO, one of the best jazz - fusion tracks on the entire PIR catalogue.

Thanks, sounded good, strangely enough I don't think I'd ever had a copy of that LP, got one now though off a mate.

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted
On 17/04/2019 at 09:06, Josep Manuel Concernau Robles said:

"Soncere" is, IMHO, one of the best jazz - fusion tracks on the entire PIR catalogue.

Thanks, sounded good, strangely enough I don't think I'd ever had a copy of that LP, got one now though off a mate.

soul source url
Posted (edited)

I expect some of you will have seen this LP in the 80's and 90's and not paid any attention to it, after all let's be honest the artwork is hardly eye catching. Using the artist name Brand New Funk, this is Wood Brass & Steel/The Sugarhill label band, thus Doug Wimbish on bass [not drums as wrongly stated on the sleeve]. "Tastee" is exactly as the title suggests and is a monumental JF toe tapper. One other fierce track on the LP, the vocal cut "Classic Funk" which is also as suggested but beware, starts loud https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBSG--xiLHs

Edited by Martin S

soul source url
Posted

Might have been posted, but worth another listen

• Up vote 3

soul source url
Posted

Another belter

• Up vote 3

soul source url
Posted

From one of my all time jazz-funk / fusion albums, Richard Tee's "Natural Ingredients" (there are some very good instrumentals as "Us" and "Now" but this one is very funny because the "macarronic" laughs at the intro):

• Up vote 2

soul source url
Posted

Bound to be on here but I'm not going to trawl through, always worth hearing again anyway, something to blow the cobwebs away. Dancefloor heaven, well it was when it came out, probably dancefloor A & E now!

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted

I have some jazz and jazz funk artists all time favorites of mine like Deodato, Airto Moreira and his wife Flora Purim, Artur Verocai… and of course Azymuth (I have a double CD compilation and a vynil, "Tightropewalker" from wich is this track, my favorite "Tu mi delirio"… is a mid tempo, there's some other track with more bpm's as "Samba da barra", but this one is so mellow…):

soul source url
Posted

And here's another jazz funk mid tempo one by Azymuth on wich, IMHO, we can appreciate like in no one other the unique style by Ivan "Mamao" Conti on drums (If I well remember, sadly he dead some years ago). I likes a lot this track since appears in a 2 x CD compilation by UK Union Square called "Latin Jazz. The essential album" (where appears from Marcos Valle to Chichi Peralta passing trough Azymuth or Tito Puente) in 2002:

• Up vote 1

soul source url

Audio Lists - Source Music Forum

Themed soul youtube music video lists

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

Source Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.