Jump to content
  • Sign Up
Chris Turnbull's profile photo

Late 70's Jazz Funk Scene

Audio Lists Chris Turnbull

 
Posted

Maybe just see where it goes............🤔

 

  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

Like here............., this is short but its nice to see the songists doing their thing, powerful, uplifting soul. 

 

  • Up vote 2

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

And some jf

 

  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

And one of Lonnies explosive pieces

 

  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, Soul Hippy said:

Like here............., this is short but its nice to see the songists doing their thing, powerful, uplifting soul. 

Great stuff - have listened to that hundreds of times but never seen them singing it

Remember Ann Nesby at one of the early Prestatyns, dynamite

  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
55 minutes ago, Chris Turnbull said:

Great stuff - have listened to that hundreds of times but never seen them singing it

Remember Ann Nesby at one of the early Prestatyns, dynamite

Nice one Chris, its definately a joy to put faces to voices like that. They certainly make beautiful music and theres a few more of theirs to put up. I'll continue with the full version of this soul empowering masterpiece. 

 

  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

And tonights Sounds of Blackness installment is this.  Good tunes for anyone going through a rough patch, like soul medicine and the side effects are all good!😀 Loud is best

 

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

A bit more inspirational soul

 

 

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

And something mellow from back in the day

 

  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

Just started a new thread under audio lists for Soulful Sunday tunes if anyone's interested - post em up!!

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

A long thread indeed.

A guy called Robbie Vincent used to play this track, back in the day, on his Sunday night radio show, and I just thought what a great great tune to have on whilst doing a road trip.

Ed

 

  • Up vote 4

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted (edited)

Late 70’s Jazz Funk , takes me back to listening to Mike Shaft on Piccadilly - Greg Wilson at the Pier and under rated DJ John Grant .. and this one 

https://youtu.be/k9C5br8lpTs

Jimmy Ponder .. “ Love me right “ 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Stevegods
  • Up vote 2

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

This one. There was a limited 12" apparently, at the time (1979) but sort of impossible to get. They did an absolutely immaculate repress for record shop day this year. Also limited but a few still about. Get on it -awesome!

 

  • Up vote 3

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
21 minutes ago, JoeSoap said:

This one. There was a limited 12" apparently, at the time (1979) but sort of impossible to get. They did an absolutely immaculate repress for record shop day this year. Also limited but a few still about. Get on it -awesome!

Nice!

  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

A bit off topic, I suppose but this deep house classic derives from the above...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opvopULDhVI

 

 

 

  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

And of course who can forget this absolute belter of a song that opens up a great conversation about where you would like to be kissed...

Ed

 

 

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
12 minutes ago, JoeSoap said:

A bit off topic, I suppose but this deep house classic derives from the above...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opvopULDhVI

Love that - need to revive the house thread, no posts on there for ages

  • Up vote 2

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
On 04/07/2019 at 12:31, Chris Turnbull said:

Love that - need to revive the house thread, no posts on there for ages

Can't find the house thread Chris, shame these must be difficult to find for new visitors, but this is what its all about, its a treasure trove on here for anyone searching for music. Another one from Roy Ayers that takes me straight back. Just seen Jazz Funk nite in St Helens 3rd Aug, excellent! Time to get down.

 

 

  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
8 minutes ago, Soul Hippy said:

Can't find the house thread Chris, shame these must be difficult to find for new visitors, but this is what its all about, its a treasure trove on here for anyone searching for music. Another one from Roy Ayers that takes me straight back. Just seen Jazz Funk nite in St Helens 3rd Aug, excellent! Time to get down.

It's called Soulful House / Garage Picks - have tried to post a link below - let me know if you get in OK through that

You are right, these threads are hard to find for new visitors

Look forward to some of your house posts - some brilliant stuff on there, will keep you busy for a while!

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
23 minutes ago, Chris Turnbull said:

It's called Soulful House / Garage Picks - have tried to post a link below - let me know if you get in OK through that

You are right, these threads are hard to find for new visitors

Look forward to some of your house posts - some brilliant stuff on there, will keep you busy for a while!

 

Chris your a legend mate, thanks for that 😀

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
6 minutes ago, Soul Hippy said:

Chris your a legend mate, thanks for that 😀

No problem 👍😃 Will be good to have some new posts on there - I've bought more of that recently than anything

And listen to generally

Share this source music forum post


soul source url

Audio Lists - Source Music Forum

Themed soul youtube music video lists

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!
Log into Soul Source

Get max use of the forums

Log in now!

Source Adverts



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.