Late 70's Jazz Funk Scene

Guest Soul Hippy

Like here............., this is short but its nice to see the songists doing their thing, powerful, uplifting soul. 

Social source share

1 hour ago, Soul Hippy said:

Like here............., this is short but its nice to see the songists doing their thing, powerful, uplifting soul. 

Great stuff - have listened to that hundreds of times but never seen them singing it

Remember Ann Nesby at one of the early Prestatyns, dynamite

Social source share

Guest Soul Hippy
55 minutes ago, Chris Turnbull said:

Great stuff - have listened to that hundreds of times but never seen them singing it

Remember Ann Nesby at one of the early Prestatyns, dynamite

Nice one Chris, its definately a joy to put faces to voices like that. They certainly make beautiful music and theres a few more of theirs to put up. I'll continue with the full version of this soul empowering masterpiece. 

Social source share

Guest Soul Hippy

And tonights Sounds of Blackness installment is this.  Good tunes for anyone going through a rough patch, like soul medicine and the side effects are all good!😀 Loud is best

Social source share

This one. There was a limited 12" apparently, at the time (1979) but sort of impossible to get. They did an absolutely immaculate repress for record shop day this year. Also limited but a few still about. Get on it -awesome!

• Up vote 3
Social source share

Guest Soul Hippy
On 04/07/2019 at 12:31, Chris Turnbull said:

Love that - need to revive the house thread, no posts on there for ages

Can't find the house thread Chris, shame these must be difficult to find for new visitors, but this is what its all about, its a treasure trove on here for anyone searching for music. Another one from Roy Ayers that takes me straight back. Just seen Jazz Funk nite in St Helens 3rd Aug, excellent! Time to get down.

Social source share

8 minutes ago, Soul Hippy said:

Can't find the house thread Chris, shame these must be difficult to find for new visitors, but this is what its all about, its a treasure trove on here for anyone searching for music. Another one from Roy Ayers that takes me straight back. Just seen Jazz Funk nite in St Helens 3rd Aug, excellent! Time to get down.

It's called Soulful House / Garage Picks - have tried to post a link below - let me know if you get in OK through that

You are right, these threads are hard to find for new visitors

Look forward to some of your house posts - some brilliant stuff on there, will keep you busy for a while!

Social source share

Guest Soul Hippy
23 minutes ago, Chris Turnbull said:

It's called Soulful House / Garage Picks - have tried to post a link below - let me know if you get in OK through that

You are right, these threads are hard to find for new visitors

Look forward to some of your house posts - some brilliant stuff on there, will keep you busy for a while!

Chris your a legend mate, thanks for that 😀

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Soul Hippy

Lots in there that is new to me Chris, I'll call it the learning zone, I might be some time! In the mean time this cropped up in my life at the weekend, bloody hell.

Social source share

On 04/07/2019 at 14:22, Tomangoes said:

And of course who can forget this absolute belter of a song that opens up a great conversation about where you would like to be kissed...

Ed

His live performances of this are even more entertaining ... and I can remember Mr Vincent playing this rather a lot back in his heyday. The female vocalist is the much underrated Miki Howard, who pops up on Wayne Henderson's 1979 "Emphasized" LP, from which came "Dancing love affair" featured much earlier in this thread, so here's something else appropriate for this thread from Big Daddy himself with Miki on backing vocals:

• Up vote 1
Social source share

• 1 month later...
Guest Soul Hippy

Time to get the ball rolling again, dedicated to all the young climate strikers who will be taking to the streets in their millions all over the world on Friday 20th September.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...