Detroit 67 - £3 in "the works"

Paperback copies of Stuart Cosgrove's excellent book "Detroit 67" are being sold for £3 at "The Works" book/stationery shop in Bolton. I asked a staff member if the stock would be available in other  UK branches, to which she replied "Should be"...

Also Carol King autobiography, again £3.

Well worth it.

Social source share

• Replies 32
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

It's a fantastic book. There's a film about the Detroit riots in 1967 coming out later this year. I have no idea if it's coincidence or is an adaption of the main thread of the book - The Algiers Motel Incident..

Edited by daved
Social source share

2 hours ago, daved said:

It's a fantastic book. There's a film about the Detroit riots in 1967 coming out later this year. I have no idea if it's coincidence or is an adaption of the main thread of the book - The Algiers Motel Incident..

Yes I hope the film reached the UK.

Social source share

FIGHT! £3 ? Well I think I can beat that.... 

£2.99 at A Nickel And A Nail, the UK's independent online bookstore for soul, blues and jazz related literature - but I've only a few left so hurry!!

https://a-nickel-and-a-nail.myshopify.com/collections/books

Whilst you're there have a browse and why not sign up for alerts, discounts, news etc.

Edited by Windlesoul
Social source share

• 1 month later...
On 6/7/2017 at 12:27, daved said:

Here's a trailer for the film....

Social source share

Both his books are now in fop at £3 each or both for £5.

You should be wearing a mask getting them for that price. I think the " uninformed" broadcaster may have his finger on a pulse somewhere, what

with the Detroit movie coming out. Looking forward to his next book which is a bit of a first for me regarding non fiction. I did get the Little Richard biography recently if anyone is keen on paying the ebay price for it.lol

Geo

Social source share

It's been available from THE WORKS @ £3 for quite a while. I bought a copy from them (on-line with free collection from my local branch) a good number of weeks back.

ALSO ... as has been said before, the events at the Algiers Hotel have been written about many times down the years. There's a good stage play (which was written by Dominique Morrisseau & also titled DETROIT 67) that has been performed in the US since March 2013. The play's script (in book form) itself being published in 2014. The play is currently being staged in Detroit (no doubt to coincide with the 50th anniversary of the riots).

Info on the play (which was a musical production featuring numerous Motown songs) ... https://www.samuelfrench.com/p/12567/detroit-67

One of her earlier plays actually enjoyed a run in a London theatre in 2012  >>  https://www.officiallondontheatre.co.uk/london-shows/show/item135601/sunset-baby/

Edited by Roburt
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!