NEW LIST 50 X 45’s FUNK/ X/O SOUL/LATIN <<<BEST PRICES>>>

Some rare

& top records here at seriousy great prices – across the board selection so please look through ‘til the end of the list – something for everyone here here!
Very fair prices - Grab yourself a bargain! Offers always considered

on multiple buys -
Hope you find a want or new discovery in here!

PayPal payment as ‘friends & family’ or (you pay PayPal costs.)  Please note that due to work/family commitments postage of your 45 may take up to a week but to be fair usually in a day or two.    

I'm UK based. Postage costs £3 for 1st class signed for in UK. £4.50 normal postage to Europe & £9  signed for. USA Rest of world is £5 normal post and £9.50 signed for. If you opt for postage as 'normal, unsigned for' then the responsibility is yours. I had recent dispute with someone who lost a 45 despite my advice that he should opt for 'signed for' Please be aware of this when purchasing. To be fair losses happen very infrequently but if you're spending a lot it's worth the extra money for piece of mind.    

45s LIST 

Mary Jane Hooper ‎– I´ve Got What You Need pts 1 & 2 DEL 45-0102 M £35
Mmmm This is a tricky one - This is an insanely rare funk 45, however the one I have for sale here is a reissue
www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwTUJdhHAuM
Mmmm This is a tricky one - This is an insanely rare funk 45, however the one I have for sale here is a reissue which I wholeheartedly admit. However I think this was pressed on the quiet and I can see many people have bought copies exactly like mine for hundreds of pounds under the impression it's the real thing. However the real thing will cost you a £1000+ and looks  a bit different to this and other reissues. Cheeklily I have aged my copy a bit to make it look like the real deal but not to 'con' someone, it was more for me to look like the big potato when I DJ'd - bit of fun really, used to wind my mates up with it - they thought it was real!. Mixed in with a few real OGs, who's to argue. Did a pretty good job lol! 

2) Warm Excursion - Hang Up Pt's 1&2 (Pzazz) VG+ £20 Original US Funk Soul Breaks 45
Always in demand driving hammond funk instro with drum breaks by same group who did rare Funk-I-Tus 45

3) Boogaloo Combo - Hot Pants Road (Estrada do Desejo)/Nico Gomez ‎– Lupita (Afro-Cuban ‎– AC085S) £15 2 funk classics on one 45 - This version of Hot pants road is easily in my top 5 best funk tracks & the B side is a latin funk classic. First time for boh on 45. Matrix / Runout (A Side Etching): BB001-A Matrix / Runout (B Side Etching): BB001-B

4) Pearl Dowdell ‎– It's All Over / Good Things (Saadia ‎– 0916) Ex £25 
Very hard to find reissue of this Seriously rare Miami Funk and Crossover trophy.
It's a legit lookalike repress mastered from the original tapes - it sounds amazing &
in all honesty far better fidelity than the original much like the Inell Young reissue.
This 45 only rarely turns up and is usually in poor condition - Quality Sister funk! 

5) Ernie And The Top Notes, Inc. ‎– Dap Walk / Things Are Better (Fordom Recording Co. ‎– FR 105) 2nd issue £20 Classic New Orleans syncopated funk classic

6) Alan Moorhouse / Keith Mansfield ‎– Soul Skimmer / Morning Broadway (Jazzman  JM.007) £20  2 rare library funk cuts on one 45 - Great flute filled funk instro - Killer  Only way to own this on 45
£99 here!! https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/246187445

7) Eddie Bo - Hook And Sling pt 1/pt 2 (Scram Records ‎– SCR 117) VG+ £10
Labels in VG+ condition (some inside edgewear),matrix stampers 102-61-A-2B M.W./102-61-B-2G M.W. 

8) The Quantic Soul Orchestra ‎– Pushin' On (Tru Thoughts ‎– TRU7 051) EX £10 Quality funk from 14 years ago - due a revival

9) Johnny Pate - You're Starting Too Fast / You Can't Even Walk In The Park (ABC Records – ABCP078) Promo Ex £10  2 Brilliant slices of soundtrack funk on one 45 - Recommended!

10) Naomi Davis & the knights of the forty first street - Forty First Street Breakdowne/Catapult (by the Knights of Forty First Street) (Desco 1014) Ex £40 almost like new, record plays great. Very rare 45 on the now famous Desco label, the label that kinda started the soul & funk revival in the late 90's, with Soul Fire, Daptone, Truth & Soul (amongst others) following in their foot steps. Sharon Jones made her first recordings
(three 45's) for the label. Other artists that recorded for Desco include Lee Fields, Joseph Henry, Naomi Davis (who made gospel recordings for Daptone as Naomi Shelton), the Sugarman Three and others. This 45 features one of the best Desco tracks (IMO): the funky "Forty First Street Breakdowne" by the great Naomi Davis (Naomi Shelton). The B-side is an instrumental version of the A-side, called "Catapult". Both sides produced by
Gabriel Roth and Phillipe Lehman, the gentlemen that started it all...

11) Monica ‎– I Don't Know Nothing Else To Tell You, But I Love You / Won't You Come Back Toxsan Records ‎– 102 EX £12.50 Original US pressing on Toxsan - 102  Plays Excellent - Retains a Full Gloss sheen, Nice loud crisp sound on playback.

12) Tony Grazette & The Blue Rhythm Combo - Take The Funky Feeling / Black Water Gold (Tramp Records ‎– TR-140) M £7
Rare exact copy of this rare 45 - Killer funk - The Blue Rhythm Combo from Barbados produced some of the heaviest funk records to come out of the Caribbean in the early '70s -- crossing the local Spouge rhythm with a heavy dose of American styled funk and soul. Their singles on the Merrydisc label have long been sought after by DJs for their unique musical blend and tight-as-a-whip rhythms that stand shoulder to shoulder with some of the best party funk to come out of the United States.
Listen

13) JOHNSON, JESSE - Kickin´ The Habit/ Chocolate Fudge Express - Down The Line - Turf Records - New York NY - 1972 £7

14) T.J & The Group – Reddy Freddy/ Blues for the B’s (M&M) (M-) £7 long deleted lookalike repro. Bolshy, swagggering boogaloo banger. Old Keb Darge deep funk spin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J4pJeE74bw

15) James Booker ‎– Cross My Heart / Big Nick (Peacock Records ‎– 1923) Ex £20
Very cool flute led tune - Check it out - Slept on - 

16) Tito Puente - Black Brothers/Hit the bongo (Jazzman) Ex £5
Killer 2 sided classic funk latin monster on perfect 45 format - Bargain

17) The Stony island band - Stony island band/Same (Glades) Ex OG White label promo £5 Top drawer party starter at silly price! LISTEN https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz8G7Vc1THM

18)  Manny Corchado - Pow Wow/Chicken & Booze (Jazzman) Ex £5 Top notch latin double sider - have a listen www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixFwreqw244
www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLRAXdp2JBo

18) Johnny Jones & the King Casuals - Soul Poppin' / Blues for Brothers (Brunswick 55376) VG+ £10 Latin inspired funky joints
www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJtvvqv8fSw
www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rTTagAx9jc

19) Iris Bell trio – Baby You’ve got soul/Something else  (Tramp) Ex £7.50  The Iris Bell Trio was originally from Charleston, WV and consisted of Iris Bell, Dick Pierson, and Butch Miles. In their seven years of existence the trio recorded two 45RPM singles and one full length album. This is their debut release and what a smokin' monster it is. Mod Jazz finery at its best !!!   www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7ofvgpferg
www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-uE2wrDKZw

20) The Young Holt Trio: Wack Wack / this little light of mine (Brunswick 1967) Ex £5 Classic killer mod jazz dancer. A monster dancefloor favourite (compiled by Gilles Peterson on the legendary JAZZ JUICE compilations back in the 1980's and on the Kent compilation “ It’s Torture “) by the ex-Ramsey Lewis trio members! Ring wear on the label Original US 45
www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGydTQJ6ikA

21) Richard ‘Groove’ Holmes – Soul power/Gimme little Sign (Prestige) Ex £5
Mod jazz classic – always thought Prestige was the funkier label than blue note!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-h7bcH6T4c
www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwFfdvDX9_4

22) Byrdie Green / Kent Schneider ‎– Return Of the Prodigal Son / the Church Is Within Us, O Lord (Jazzman ‎– JM.027) Ex £5
2 killers on one 45 - £30 on other sites www.youtube.com/watch?v=QktIufwCC9A
www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNMEQMaPDEA

24)  Billy (Sugar Ray) Garner* / Buddy Conner ‎– I Got Some / Half Way Loving (Fryers ‎– fry.004) Ex £5 Legit reissue of 2 killer tracks that would cost you well into the hundreds to own on OG
Side A copyright owned by Ace Records Ltd (p) 1971 Ace Records Ltd.
From Dave Hamilton's Detroit Funk CDBGPD 17 Rockin' Music
Side B copyright owned by Fantasy, Inc (p) 1966 Fantasy, Inc. Licensed from Ace Records Ltd. Taken from the Kent CD "Moaning, Groaning, Crying; A Galaxy Of Soul And R&B" (CDKEND 236) Burlington Music Co Ltd

25) Lyn Collins ‎– Think (About It) / Ain't No Sunshine (People PE 608, People 2066 215) VG+ £10 The template for classic sister funk! 

26)  Soul Dynamics ‎– Stay In The Groove pt 1/pt 2 (Wand WND-11229) M £7 2nd issue of a very rare funk 45

27) Arlene Brown And  Lee "Shot" Williams*/  Arlene Brown*  ‎– Impeach Me Baby / You're Gonna Miss Me  (Dynamite Records ‎– 8664) Ex £12.50 Superb RARE original BLUES FUNK 45!!!  Not available on any re-release! £100 elsehere  Grab a bargain Superb RARE original BLUES FUNK 45!!!  Not available on any re-release! £100 here https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/70794075
 Grab a bargain www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyY7UsPt2RM

28) Black Fur – Feel the shock/ When we get together (Bar Tone) 2nd issue  M £5 Mega Rare On Original - Laid Back 70s Group b/w Powerful Funk  As comped by Keb Darge on Legendary deep funk 3 www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sAsGX-1SRY29) Bobby Williams – Funky super fly pt 1/pt 2  (MTVH) VG+ £7 www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Rh2LDvqXOs

30) THE HIGHLIGHTERS - Chitlin pot part 1 / 2 (More B records - Press : US 1965) VG+ £20  Totally unknown Mod Jazz Organ Funk 45 private pressing Rare find.. great early instumental organ funk track. B side has a funky vocal track that is different from part 1.
£63 here https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/5294401?ev=rb

31) Johnny Jones & the King Casuals - Soul Poppin' / Blues for Brothers (Brunswick 55376) VG+ £10

32) Detroit Sex Machines "Rap it together/the funky crawl" Soul Track/Soul Fire (long out of print reissue) Ex £5 Save yourself a couple of grand! 
www.youtube.com/watch?v=po_t9JBRm2A
www.youtube.com/watch?v=po_t9JBRm2A

33) Fantastic Epic's‎– Fun And Funk part 2/part 3 (Tories T-1001) VG+ £5 www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbGXb-KlrzI
www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBU8YCisJhI

34) Alice Clark ‎– Don't You Care / Never Did I Stop Loving You (Acid Jazz ‎– AJX171S) Ex £7.50 - Sought after double sider of X-over soul perfection 

35) Stringfellow - Grooving Is Easy/Poor fool (Treesong) M £5 Seattle 1972 Treesong Reissue EX Funky dancer!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gf_OOlty9ws
www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAfkCNhzcgM

36) Billy Sugar ‎– Super Duper Love (Are You Diggin' On Me) part 1/part2 (Fast Track ‎– FT 2501)VG+ £5  Tired of all that ‘northern’ soul – try some ‘southern’  - Just as good!  
www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMcHjnCCLFw

37) Julius Brockington & the magic force – This feeling (freedom) part 1/part 2 (Burma) Ex £15  

38) Morning After – Hey Girl / Disco – Tick (Reward Records) M £5 Rare lookalike RE Great slow to mid-temp Soul side, with a frantic Disco flip, nice Crossover sound…www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9_0c--79K0

39) Julius Brockington & the magic force – This feeling (freedom) part 1/part 2 (Burma) Ex £15   www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ_GcBMtPxQ

40) Bus People express ‎– Augusta Georgia (Here I Come) / South Carolina (Hot pie & Candy ‎– DAP-1069/Daptone Records ‎– DAP-1069) M £5 Poets of Rhythm release, under one of their numerous aliases RE of a very rare OG £100+ 45
www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRZvPxrmR-g
www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmYVyb9iy

41) The Herb Johnson Settlement ‎– Damph F'Aint/Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow (Toxsan Records ‎– 106) lookalike Re £5 Impossible to find deep funk repress. Seen this RE go for £40 recently – Bargain for a killer tune! www.youtube.com/watch?v=WycCdlRLo60

42) Willard Burton & the funk four – Funky in here/every beat of my heart (Capitol) Ex £10 A total bargain – Textbook funk! www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_Rhw26I5rA

43) Christine Adams - Loneliness Is Always Around/Mr Soul brother (CYCLONE) Ex £10 www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_SyK3Vb_o8 

44) Baby Huey & the Babysitters ‎– Mighty Mighty Children Pt. 1/Pt 2 (Radio Active Gold ‎– RD 97) VG+ £5 Curtis Mayfield produced excellence! www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Zm870UL8M0

45) George Young And The Youngsters ‎– Mechanic From Hamtramck/Johnny B. Goode (Pacesetter ‎– 4002) VG+ £15 Killer slice of jazzy funk often slept on in this category due to the inclusion of a chuck berry B-side

46) Abraham And The Metronomes* /  Illinois Connection  ‎– Party / Po' Boy's Dream  (Funk45 ‎– FUNK45.020) Ex £5 Legit reissue of a £1000 OG    www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJZMK31Axm4

47) The Chefs  ‎– Mr. Machine parts 1 & 2 (FUNK45.003) Ex £5 This thing is a funk monster and the OG is about as rare as it gets.£1000+   www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXwBzIGOzx4

48) Bobby Valentin - Use It Before You Lose It/Geronimo (Jazzman) Ex £5
Killer 2 sided classic latin funk monsters on perfect 45 format - Bargain

49) James Brown – The Drunk /A Man Has To Go Back To the Crossroads (Bethlehem) VG+ £5
www.youtube.com/watch?v=la1X5zcNP6o
www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLD6KR1VVfg

50) Thunder, Lightning & Rain ‎– Super Funky pt 1/pt 2 (Vox Pop 45's ‎– N1/4 02) £5   superb sounding funk reissue – save yourself a few hundred quid!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=V28aZYY-BeE

Edited by Guest
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 0
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!