Alec Jones and John Horsley

Record dealers welcome

Large wooden dance floor, large car park at rear of venue

2 mins from junction 30 M62

5 mins from junction 42 M1

Further information

Pete - 07791 671583 or lagerlout30@ntlworld.com

Mark - 07913 980166 or harlequinn1@btconnect.com

This sounds really good. My babysitter is booked. Just been talking to Louise & she has been to a non soul event her & she says the venue is fantastic

Kirstyx

Looks good, any chance of a lift Kirsty? :P

Me and Liz are going to the Blackpool thing this weekend, will we see you there?

Ste. :D

Ste

I'm hoping Louise or Sarah will drive :rolleyes: . Either way if it is me or her we will give you a lift no problem. I'll give you a ring nearer the time.

No, I'm not going to Blackpool. Not going because I'm off to the Gambian Soul Alldayer, oh & a small matter of me being banned :thumbsup::lol:

Kirstyx

Guest lagerlout

Hope to be back in the White Rose :lol: and hope to see you all there...Its been a while my old freind Lager Lout...Venue looks great.

hope to see you there stevie,will have a couple with you at the bar, but gotta stay a bit sober as im supposed to be running it with my mate mark..but as they say ..all the best plans and that....lol :huh::lol:

Guest markmtfc

Dont panic, to the left hand side of the stage, is the second room, with the bar, wooden dance floor, and record dealing facilities.

West Yorkshire Soul Collective.

Guest lagerlout

You were dead right Pete it's the dogs bollocks, just one small problem that may effect you and I. .................................Isee no bar :(:(

the list of priorities was 1..the bar 2..access 3...that northern soul thingy me bob music...

Blackburn Hall

Commerical Street, Rothwell, Leeds, LS26 OAW

Friday 29th December

8 pm till 1 am (bar till 12.30)

Admission £5 before 9 pm, £6 after 9 pm

DJ's

Roger Banks, Steve Mannion, Mark Etheridge, Rich Buckley,

Alec Jones and John Horsley

Record dealers welcome

Large wooden dance floor, large car park at rear of venue

2 mins from junction 30 M62

5 mins from junction 42 M1

Further information

Pete - 07791 671583 or lagerlout30@ntlworld.com

Mark - 07913 980166 or harlequinn1@btconnect.com

Pete, got your PM mate consider your request done, will take the details off here and give you a few mentions leading up to what promises to be a fantastic night, the venue looks brilliant, should have been one other name though on the DJ line up...lol good luck with it and lets talk soon.

Regards - Mark Bicknell www.solarradio.com

just testing.

had a message from jamie telling me he couldn't reply to this thread.

Shane

ps. looke like your pc is at fault jamie. anyone else having problems?

Edited by ShaneH

Jamie lad, you've got to sign in befor you can reply whistling.gif i know they've not had PC's that long in Leeds, you'll get the hang of it soon :thumbsup:

P.S hope your well mucker, bout time you poped out soon for a few beverages some where :thumbsup:

Guest lagerlout

the new flyers for this event will be hitting the tables from this weekend,so look out for them, and make a note in your diary and come and enjoy dancing to the sounds you love in an old type dance hall.... thumbsup.gif

Guest lagerlout

off on my hols next week so any info about the soul do, go through mark :shades: he,ll tell you what you need to know about stuff. :thumbsup: 2 weeks of sun and cheap lagers....

Looking forward to this. Think I've managed to talk my Old Man into having his 'xmas works do' here, and them boys do know how to have a drink :D

Nice to an event 10 mins from home.

Let's hope the fickle Leeds public give this event their full support - there's always a first time! :)

Jamie :shades:

Guest markmtfc

I think you right jamie, I dont think its just the Leeds crowd though, I think anywhere in the country at the moment, its very hard to gauge what people want to listen too. All you can do as a promoter is try your best to cover all the bases, ie good venue, reasonably priced entry fee, cheap beer, car parking, close to the motorway networks,ect ect, and then the rest is down to the gods.

See ya there.

West Yorkshire Soul Collective

[Let's hope the fickle Leeds public give this event their full support - there's always a first time! :lol:

Jamie thumbsup.gif

Leeds has had a problem for years, there are plenty of people into the music, but they rarely make an appearance... :D

Ste.

same problem with the football team :thumbsup::shades:

well i will be making an appearance thumbsup.gif

Shane

[Let's hope the fickle Leeds public give this event their full support - there's always a first time! :lol:

Jamie :thumbsup:

Leeds has had a problem for years, there are plenty of people into the music, but they rarely make an appearance... :(

Ste.

no such problem in York.....another packed yksoul event a couple of weeks ago, plus theres the ever excellent York Soul Club (1st Sat-Tony Hatfield/John Parker/Mark Dawson residents plus guests) .Rothwell is in the diary-will be good catch up with you all.

Andy Bellwood

its about time soulsville buggered on back.....? -please

Guest lagerlout

found the above post slightly negative. we are trying to promote a new soul night in the leeds area.which from personal friends who have tried this will know is very difficult.

if you want to promote your own nights in the york area and inform them how packed it gets do it on your own thread please.im happy your nights are a success and hope to visit the venue. as you can appreciate we are trying to big up this event and find it a bit annoying when others are promoting there,s through this thread...no malice intended but it had to be said....

Edited by lagerlout
Guest lagerlout

Hi Pete, started giving this event a big mention on the show and will push it for you leading up to Christmas, hope it helps and hope it all goes well, looks like a fantastic venue.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

www.solarradio.com

cheers mark thanks for the plugs on your show....must talk when i get back off my hols..

pete

Hi Pete, looks a great venue, all being well will see you there with my good lady, will also be passing details to friends. :D

Will be good to see you, Jimmy, havent seen you since that place on the east coast.

Pete, hope you & Jules have a brill tme in the gambia, we all want to see the photos when you get back. I went to Pet City last night & got as cage, so dont forget to bring me that monkey you promised :lol:

See you on the 29th for a :D or 2 :D

Mark, Sarah said she's bringing her home along, just in case any of the emergency services need calling :D:D

Kx

Guest lagerlout

right all...im off on mi hols and i,ll see you all in a few weeks or at blackburn hall,anything regarding the blackburn hall event...contact mark who will only be to glad to tell ya what ya need to know..

pete. :thumbsup:

Have a good one mate.

Stopping over in Leeds that night boys. We'll have a good drink.

Apparently all the hotels are busy due to a census, but I've blagged a stable with some bloke and his pregnant wife from some shithole in Lancashire, some sheepshaggers from Derbyshire and three other blokes from Sheffield.

Should be good. :wicked:

Keep us posted, Captain Mainwaring.

You know how we like to indulge in the ways of the frothy beverage....

Jamie beer.gif

Will do Sir. Is Mr Franklin still welcome in Leeds ?

And do Shane, Mark and myself need to bring some straw and carrots for the donkeys you have up there that walk the treadmill for the electricity ?

Yawn......

I see the 'big guns' haven't been rolled out yet: "The M1 turns to cobbles after Sheffield....." and so on so forth..... rolleyes.gif

Leeds is the definition of sophistimication......

'Course Brett's still welcome, his behaviour is always impeccable on his occasional visits to the 'Big City'.

Looking forward to it, my good man.

Jamie :D

You're right Steve, We've always been a mile behind Sheffield when it comes to Unemployment, Finance, Retail, Style, Football, Rugby, Cricket, Nightlife, City Living etc etc....

Shane will confirm Sheffield as the home of fashion - ask him about Linguini Man wicked.gif

You're right Steve, We've always been a mile behind Sheffield when it comes to Unemployment, Finance, Retail, Style, Football, Rugby, Cricket, Nightlife, City Living etc etc....

Shane will confirm Sheffield as the home of fashion - ask him about Linguini Man :D

As I've just realised that I will be at this event in err, Leeds, I withdraw all my comments on this fabulous city, the true capital of Yorkshire :D

rolleyes.gif

You are sharp this morning, I see the brakes were hit just in time.

Plus you can always edit your posts if you think of a wittier reply later on.......

.......again :(

are the profits of this going to lagerlouts charity?

i think it would be a great gesture to consider all those kids with no school to attend, living in mud huts with no running water and all those serious diseases to contend with. anyway enough about life in leeds lets think of the positives :(:yes:

shane