Some Cleethorpes Modern Room history...........

1 hour ago, tomangoes said:

The irony of playing the nights at a modern event!  Must be classed as a oldie by then?

Ed

You could say that of many of the older tunes on there!  The idiosyncrasies of the soul scene eh?

It's not an exact science!

Cheers,

Mark R

Social source share

1 hour ago, Chris Turnbull said:

Fantastic list Mark - always pick up some top tunes from your playlists, and looking forward to the w/e

My guess for most played soulful house track is Michael Proctor 'Love don't Live' - not sure about the 'soul' one 

Cheers Chris!

No cigar there but a good guess.  If you know me well it's obvious actually!

Enough clue there.....see you at the weekend...

Cheers,

Mark R

Edited by Mark R
Social source share

24 minutes ago, baz1 said:

Can you get billy Griffin "like water" on vinyl ? Can only find on cd ?only know a handful off ye list mark,back and forth to youtube now cheers for posting :lol:atb baz

No Baz......CD only I think!

Cheers,

Mark R

Social source share

2 hours ago, Mark R said:

You could say that of many of the older tunes on there!  The idiosyncrasies of the soul scene eh?

It's not an exact science!

Cheers,

Mark R

Over the years then, what would you say the % has been of the same records played in both rooms?

I always thought the point was a record had to be played extensively in the modern room before it descends into the main stream?

Obviously they are all great records, just looking for some clarification pointers.

Ed

Social source share

3 minutes ago, tomangoes said:

Over the years then, what would you say the % has been of the same records played in both rooms?

I always thought the point was a record had to be played extensively in the modern room before it descends into the main stream?

Obviously they are all great records, just looking for some clarification pointers.

Ed

I would say in reality it's a fairly small percentage at Cleethorpes.  It's not the kind of gig where very modern records make it to the main room, though clearly the more 70's sessions or sets that are played in the Modern Room, then the likelihood of some crossover (!) increases.

Cheers,

Mark R

Social source share

At the later Winter Garden all dayers, when 2 rooms where created, for sure it was like going into a different world when switching rooms.

Unthinkable that a record would see airtime in both rooms.

In some ways it's a good thing that the very best records can transcend from one to the other.

Ed

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!