Blue-eyed Soul?

3 hours ago, tomangoes said:

Wanted to show the artist..............Sounds black to me...............then its a 'OMG' moment...Did not know that:)

Ed

I knew he was a Latino, all the artists on 'Optimum' are (Royal Jesters are one group), also most on the 'Linda' label too.:thumbsup: 

...and this one that reminds me so much of Main Change - 'Sunshine Is Her Way'...

Edited by Soul-Slider
Social source share

5 hours ago, MGM 1251 said:

554FAAC2-4CFD-43F2-8B09-F695BF392387.thumb.jpeg.e19b69b4e88b5c5867301782d2d3d0ee.jpeg

...here’s a mid-tempo,blue eyed soul outing from Tremeloes lead singer and frontman,Brian Poole...on a single sided CBS demo.....  :thumbsup:  .....

I prefer this one myself.

Social source share

ok this topic has been going a few months now

am thinking its' now at the point where it may be better for both readers and posters if we move onto more specific music topic

there's so many genes being posted here that it is getting a bit clumsy plus repeats seem to be on the increase

Rather than such a large catch all designation 

it may work better if use topics that narrow things down a touch

eg the use of the tems popcorn, garage, uk  pop, garage etc etc rather than the wide 'blue eyed' category 

So  passing on with the above in mind that I am looking at closing this topic come monday

Edited by mike
improve wording
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Some pop and "soft - rock" tunes I found "soulful"

- Doobie Brothers - "What a Fool Believe"

- Bobby Caldwell - "What You Wan't Do For Love"

- Michel McDonald - "Sweet Freedom"

- Kenny Loggins - "This Is It"

- Steve Winwood - "Night Train"

- F. R. David - "Words"

- Toto - "Africa"

- Chicago - "If You Leave Me Now"

Social source share

Guest Spain pete

BROAD CHURCH  INDEED,  BUT this is now ridiculous .      even the good times are bad , the tremeloes   , Not a bad little tune 👅🎶

Social source share

Guest Shufflin

a thread on the Belgian Popcorn scene would be interesting, it has crossovers to Northern but also quite different stuff

anyway agree with consensus

Social source share

In fairness to Josep, there's also potential for a thread on "West coast"/"Yacht rock"/AOR that crosses over into the various soul scenes. But this thread's original focus on blue-eyed *northern* soul would seem to have run its course.

For anyone interested, Richard Searling played an hour of the northern stuff yesterday:

• Up vote 1
Social source share

20 hours ago, mike said:

ok this topic has been going a few months now

am thinking its' now at the point where it may be better for both readers and posters if we move onto more specific music topic

there's so many genes being posted here that it is getting a bit clumsy plus repeats seem to be on the increase

Rather than such a large catch all designation 

it may work better if use topics that narrow things down a touch

eg the use of the tems popcorn, garage, uk  pop, garage etc etc rather than the wide 'blue eyed' category 

So  passing on with the above in mind that I am looking at closing this topic come monday

ok now closed, thanks to all who contributed :thumbsup:

Social source share