Fred Mark - DanceWith Me/I've Seen Life-Omega

In January, 272 copies sold as one auction lot for $1,581.00. It appeared they were bought by a well known Detroit record dealer.

In May, the first copy from the hoard sold at auction for $210.

This month, another copy sold for about $250 and a further copy was put up for auction with a minimum bid of $125 or a Buy It Now price of $190. These copies were put up for sale under a different seller ID.

Some buyers have already paid too much for this record by getting into an Auction duel and maybe a few more taking up Second Chance offers. More buyers are going to get their fingers burnt, especially if they don't read this. Would it have been better for the seller(s) to price the record at say $30, generate a handsome profit and make a lot of collectors happy? Or is the the best way to move 272  copies of the same record, to sell the first few at a huge mark-up then keep dropping the price until they all go?

What do members think?

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

• 3 weeks later...

Copy of Dance With Me up for sale on eBay, perhaps one of the lot of 40 that sold a couple of weeks ago. There is a soundbite revealing this is yet another version of the tune featured in the thread started by Kirsty yesteday. The tune could be described as funky-northern-crossover but the vocal is a bit underwhelming. This track might have sold for a bit when rare, but it is not likely to hold it's current value. Punters shooting for the one Brad has up for auction must be feeling miffed as they have now bid double what it is available for in San Antonio. Now awaiting the Buy It Now price to tumble.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert