Doris Duke And Friends Lp Manhattan

Johnlloyd

Had this lp for 25+ years, at the time of release the artists were not listed.

I seem to remember in "Blackbeat" an attempt was made to name them, but i've searched and can't find the relevant mag.

Can any one name the artists, I think Tyrone Davis and Gloria and the Tiaras are two.

Many Thanks

John.

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

John, maybe if you listed the tracks we may be able to make an educated guess re. artists. I assume if it is Tyrone,then maybe it's his Sack 45.

ROD

Rod

I don't Believe

You Better Do It Right Now

No Right To Cry

Let's Try It Over

How Can You Call That Love

Losing Race

Don't Fight The Feeling

I'm Satisfied

Do It

Has anyone else noticed that after 20 years on the shelf "Blackbeat", "New Blackbeat"

the text size has reduced by 50%, I'm sure I used to be able to read it OK.

Social source share

Well the "Losing race" is Tyrone on Sack? Isn't "Do it" one side of Bobbie Jean Bland and thanks to Dave Flynn here's 6 tracks identified:-

SACK 4359 Tyrone "Running a losing race"/ I tried it over"

SACK 4360 Bobbie Jean Bland "Im satisfied just lovin' you"/"Do it"

SACK 4361 Mamie Galore "No right to cry"/ "Do it right now"

Im sure there's some other guys out there who have even less of a life than I do who will recognise some of the other tracks.

ROD

Social source share

Pete,I don't think it is actually Gloria +T's. I did have the LP years ago and I m sure it's the "Im satisfied..." by B.J.Bland.

And now I must away as Im DJ-ing tonight at Whalley and Billington Brass Band Club. If anyone fancies popping along I can guarantee it will be a fiasco but all the local djs are now dead or retired and my moment in the dark and freezing rain has arrived.

Today the Brass Band club, tomorrow the er... Whippet Fancier's [not in a sexual way] Association premises.

ROD

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Just in case there's anyone on here who doesn't know already, the 'Tyrone Davis' album 'Can I Change My Mind' on Manhattan a) is actually an unreleased Canyon Rudy Love album and cool.gif doesn't contain a version of CICMM either! Does have a really superb version of the Whispers' "Where Have You Been" on it, though!

TONE :rolleyes:

Social source share

Pete,I don't think it is actually Gloria +T's. I did have the LP years ago and I m sure it's the "Im satisfied..." by B.J.Bland.

And now I must away as Im DJ-ing tonight at Whalley and Billington Brass Band Club. If anyone fancies popping along I can guarantee it will be a fiasco but all the local djs are now dead or retired and my moment in the dark and freezing rain has arrived.

Today the Brass Band club, tomorrow the er... Whippet Fancier's [not in a sexual way] Association premises.

ROD

Never heard it mate, just confirming the spelling T-Airas :rolleyes:

Social source share

• 4 years later...

tracks as follows

1 i dont believe it......mamie galore

2 you better do it right now....mamie galore

3 no right to cry....mamie galore

4 lets try it over....tyrone davis

5 how can you call that love....tyrone davis

6 losing race...tyrone davis

7 dont fight the feelin...tyrone davis