Stax Volt Tour 1967

• Replies 8
  • Views 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

• 1 year later...
Guest Robert Rawlinson

I went to see Otis at Granby Halls , Leicester in the Stax/Volt Tour of 1967 with Mick Banner an older friend and music mentor who was 18 at the time.  I can't remember the date and I haven't got the ticket now, I was only 16.  To me at the time it was the most incredible experience.  Otis was fantastic but we were also blown away by Athur Conley and Sam and Dave as well as the great backing from Booker T and the MGs and the Mar-Keys.

Social source share

4 hours ago, Robert Rawlinson said:

I went to see Otis at Granby Halls , Leicester in the Stax/Volt Tour of 1967 with Mick Banner an older friend and music mentor who was 18 at the time.  I can't remember the date and I haven't got the ticket now, I was only 16.  To me at the time it was the most incredible experience.  Otis was fantastic but we were also blown away by Athur Conley and Sam and Dave as well as the great backing from Booker T and the MGs and the Mar-Keys.

I´m pleased you have mentioned this as I couldn´t find the Granby Halls as listed on the tour and yet I was convinced I listened to that concert, I never got a ticket but was outside listening through one of the exit doors on the Aylestone Road side. I was 15 and  mad on the Stax sound.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!