• Replies 6
  • Views 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest vinylvixen

Jo...go and have a lie down luv :thumbsup:

Pete...whether you agree or not - these girls were the template for 9Ts girl groups...Destiny's Child, Jade, SWV....the only difference is they could hold a note :rolleyes: anyway, knickers to you - it's all your fault that i've got hooked on You Tube after you posting Patrice Rushen :P Jo

Social source share

Pete...whether you agree or not - these girls were the template for 9Ts girl groups...Destiny's Child, Jade, SWV....the only difference is they could hold a note :thumbsup: anyway, knickers to you - it's all your fault that i've got hooked on You Tube after you posting Patrice Rushen :D Jo

Template for 9T's girl groups, Jo ?

Surely only ONE template for ALL girl groups any style, any era ... a little trio of girls called the Supremes !!! LOL :lol:

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Template for 9T's girl groups, Jo ?

Surely only ONE template for ALL girl groups any style, any era ... a little trio of girls called the Supremes !!! LOL :lol:

LOL....yes - but En Vogue showed that you could be ghetto fabulous, very sexy and sing at the same time.......i'm sure the Supremes wanted to 'bust out loose' but the etiquette of the day wouldn't allow it...can you imagine La Ross, Mary and Flo moving anything more than their hands and eyelids?? :thumbsup: I wonder if En Vogue still perform....Jo

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

LOL....yes - but En Vogue showed that you could be ghetto fabulous, very sexy and sing at the same time.......i'm sure the Supremes wanted to 'bust out loose' but the etiquette of the day wouldn't allow it...can you imagine La Ross, Mary and Flo moving anything more than their hands and eyelids?? :thumbsup: I wonder if En Vogue still perform....Jo

...I saw them live in Sacramento (at the California State Fair) in 2001, with three of their four original members - they were much better than their records, and v. v. lovely to look at, too. Agree with you totally that EV are the point from which most Y2K girl bands take their lead - great as the Supremes were, I don't think that their influence extends much past the mid 70s.

That was a great trip, music wise - I was staying in the Sacramento Marriott, and the musical entertainment for the week I was there was provided by Dennis Edwards' Temptations (much, much better than Otis Williams' 'official' Temptations) and - funnily enough - Mary Wilson's Supremes!

TONE :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!