Soul Ones - This is my prayer - Deal

OK so we all know that this 45 has been booted or reissued by the group depending on the blurb you agree with and of course they are available in every colour of vinyl via the Las Vegas seller in the US.

However, I noticed that a few have gone through Evilbay recently selling for big money and the descriptions referencing originals with a machine stamped matrix 45-01 S-1 and also mentioning a warehouse find in Tx. These were not sold by the usual seller in LV.

Can anyone confirm the validity of this  matrix information ?

Thanks

Edited by Andy Mac
More info
Social source share

That matrix matches the one on my black vinyl copy Andy (ending S-1 on the Soul Pot side / S-22 on the Prayer side). I can't recall who I bought it from, when or how much paid, but looks near mint so wouldn't surprise me if this is a recent reissue or something rather than a 45 yr old record? Who knows, could well have been a recent(ish) find of a dozen or so from the early 70s and someone is dripping them out. I'd also be interested to learn more. Cheers. Steve

This recent sale on eBay quotes a different matrix number and looked to be in less than great condition, so maybe there's the answer?

https://www.popsike.com/SOUL-ONES-Soul-Pot-RARE-TEXAS-FUNK-45-DEAL-WSTAMPED-MATRIX-hear/382057157114.html 

Edited by Scotters
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

23 minutes ago, Scotters said:

That matrix matches the one on my black vinyl copy Andy (ending S-1 on the Soul Pot side / S-22 on the Prayer side). I can't recall who I bought it from, when or how much paid, but looks near mint so wouldn't surprise me if this is a recent reissue or something rather than a 45 yr old record? Who knows, could well have been a recent(ish) find of a dozen or so from the early 70s and someone is dripping them out. I'd also be interested to learn more. Cheers. Steve

This recent sale on eBay quotes a different matrix number and looked to be in less than great condition, so maybe there's the answer?

https://www.popsike.com/SOUL-ONES-Soul-Pot-RARE-TEXAS-FUNK-45-DEAL-WSTAMPED-MATRIX-hear/382057157114.html 

Yes I saw that one Steve which is why I asked. Several have gone though using the S1 and S 22 and were stated originals and one listing made reference to a warehouse find. Then I saw the one you flag up and thought ....mmm...that matrix is more like it, I've never seen it before and the record is a bit more worn...probably an original.

I was just wondering if anyone who had bought the 45 from the Las Vegas guy could check their run out grooves ? Someone on here must have bought one over the years I'm sure.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

The Las Vegas dealer has been misinforming other dealers as to the true origins the bootlegs. The Popsike link is the real deal. Should have a small stamped matrix as all RCA custom press 45's do. The bootleg has a massive, horrible looking "stamped" matrix that was done with a punch press kit lol

There was no warehouse find...just another boot done by the two Vegas dealers who are well know for them.  

IMG_1969.PNG

• Helpful 2
Social source share

On ‎29‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 00:59, Soulskate said:

The Las Vegas dealer has been misinforming other dealers as to the true origins the bootlegs. The Popsike link is the real deal. Should have a small stamped matrix as all RCA custom press 45's do. The bootleg has a massive, horrible looking "stamped" matrix that was done with a punch press kit lol

There was no warehouse find...just another boot done by the two Vegas dealers who are well know for them.  

IMG_1969.PNG

Yes, exactly as I thought.

Social source share

OG has a small stamped 'B4KM-7615', not 'BK4M-7615' :P

I compared boot/RE and OG, you also can see the difference from the Label: OG is more glossy, for example!

image.thumb.jpg.79632c7bdaade647063e5bf3663f3c9d.jpg

This is the real deal... :yes:

Edited by BadSamba
  • Up vote 1
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest J Rowland

My copy is from the Las Vegas guy as well (white vinyl). It is my understanding that all reissues/ bootlegs were mastered from a CD recording and feature a skip on the "soul pot" side. Is this also true for the more recent reissues people are talking about? Also was the above mentioned "BK4M-7615" detail just a typo or do bootleg copies exist that feature those numbers to make things even more confusing? :huh:

Thanks a lot for any clarification!

JR

Social source share

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 09:22, J Rowland said:

My copy is from the Las Vegas guy as well (white vinyl). It is my understanding that all reissues/ bootlegs were mastered from a CD recording and feature a skip on the "soul pot" side. Is this also true for the more recent reissues people are talking about? Also was the above mentioned "BK4M-7615" detail just a typo or do bootleg copies exist that feature those numbers to make things even more confusing? :huh:

Thanks a lot for any clarification!

JR

BK4M-7615 is real, 45-01 S-1 is the boot

Social source share

• 1 month later...
Guest GruveRecords

Lurker, I guess this is my first post..

We are having a debate over this Record on Discogs..Vegas dealer has been submitting his boots all over the Discogs database and misrepresenting them as originals. Can anyone with an original provide pictures of both label sides and the matrices?  

According to the popsike link, A-side should have B4KM-7614 - correct?  

Posting here because this seems to be the only ongoing topic on the entire internet regarding the Record..haha. 

Cheers

Edited by GruveRecords
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!