Does this look kosher LOL

Just now, dylan said:

The message below the listing is also weird ?

i would not be going anywhere near this.

his feedback is bad as well.

I asked him to put up pictures of his other listings which were somehow personalised to prove ownership, he said he would, but said he'd be selling lots of records and didn't have the time to personalise them all, I do feel sorry for him, and anyone that bids on his stuff.

Social source share

4 minutes ago, chalky said:

Has a three year old cut the label out?

It's certainly looks that way, its looks like a 50p coin, he definitely hasn't spent any attention to detail, and also if his feedback is at 50% he should be struck off eBay, anyone who bids on this must be a fu kin, lunatic, 🙈

Social source share

Very interesting read and comments from educated members.

The photo of the record in

the information shows a complete amateur botch job 

on the label,if it was an original

stick on label it would be perfectly round.

The photo of the original label

in my opinion clearly shows 

that the label is not stuck on,

it is pressed on to the record

at the pressing plant,at the

deadwax it is a slightly curved

blended appearance,near the

hole there is nearly always a

slight depression appearance,

the photo clearly shows these

two key indicators.

I

Social source share

I think everything's already said. But obviously not by everybody. Seller's a crook. Fact. People still bidding. Fact. They're either dumb. Fact. or take the chance they know they can reimburse via Paypal. Fact.

I've seen that so many times. Why still get exited about it?

• Helpful 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, JIMMY SOUL said:

It's probably the worst effort I have seen yet of this "photocopy label" nonsense - I cannot believe ANYBODY would be fooled by this... and if they are then I'm sorry but they deserve it...
You would know that is a wrongun from a hundred paces!

In his defence, not that his actions are defendable, the flip picture was send as an attachment to a message after I questioned it's validity, and anyone bidding on it would only have seen the Discogs generated picture on the listing which claims that the record he's selling is original. 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

15 hours ago, TattooDave said:

In his defence, not that his actions are defendable, the flip picture was send as an attachment to a message after I questioned it's validity, and anyone bidding on it would only have seen the Discogs generated picture on the listing which claims that the record he's selling is original. 

Well that is just outright deception, fraud, whatever term fits.
Vinyl records are the only example I can think of where people are so casual about deception/ sale of counterfeit goods... thinking back the days of the blokes selling perfume/ aftershave on Oxford Street and legging it when the old bill came, or people being jailed for selling counterfeit paintings.. it's a massive big deal, yet for some reason the sales platforms/ police fraud squad seem to turn a blind eye...
I even had a CD listing ended (seriously) by ebay a few years back, as it was claimed it was a "counterfeit/ unlisted item" yet I know where it came from and it was a promo/ test press, from the label.
I just don't get it...

Social source share

1 hour ago, JIMMY SOUL said:

Well that is just outright deception, fraud, whatever term fits.
Vinyl records are the only example I can think of where people are so casual about deception/ sale of counterfeit goods... thinking back the days of the blokes selling perfume/ aftershave on Oxford Street and legging it when the old bill came, or people being jailed for selling counterfeit paintings.. it's a massive big deal, yet for some reason the sales platforms/ police fraud squad seem to turn a blind eye...
I even had a CD listing ended (seriously) by ebay a few years back, as it was claimed it was a "counterfeit/ unlisted item" yet I know where it came from and it was a promo/ test press, from the label.
I just don't get it...

I actually reported the item, but it didn't get taken down, maybe it needs multiple reports from various people?  The Stemmons Express sold last night (by another seller) looked like someone had just drilled a hole in one of the new reissues, it went for more than treble the price of the reissue, so that could open the floodgates for a scallywag with a drill.

Social source share

37 minutes ago, dylan said:

There has to to be a lot of shill bidding going on with these listings.

multiple accounts or people working together.

then when they get a bid from a real bidder they take the money.

Looks that way to me dylan or there's some real nob ends about because I know nowt and thats blatant :lol:

Social source share

• 6 months later...
On 19/06/2017 at 14:49, joesoul1958 said:

It's certainly looks that way, its looks like a 50p coin, he definitely hasn't spent any attention to detail, and also if his feedback is at 50% he should be struck off eBay, anyone who bids on this must be a fu kin, lunatic, 

I often wonder re situations concerning blatant fraudulent activity (such as with this Eula Cooper 45) how it pans out in the end. Apart from members on here jumping up and down is there a conclusion to it all? Does he get dragged through the streets; a public hanging or just gets his knuckles rapped and quietly slips away?  Who knows and I guess we'll never find out. And before you know it up pops another dodgy seller and the chap behind the Eula Cooper cut-out is just a distant memory, just another brick in the wall.

Well I'm sure many people on here will be pleased to know the said chap is no longer a registered user on Ebay (hooray). I'd like to think both Ebay and Paypal in this case came down on him like a ton of bricks. Check his feedback before he exited with a feedback of 33%.

Derek 

https://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=stwar0&ftab=AllFeedback&myworld=true&rt=nc

• Up vote 3
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!