Cresa Watson Salvation on Ebay - Anyone know the full story

Tagtag

54 minutes ago, jim g said:

rare as  hens teeth. the chap selling it informed me it does play Salvation. I think there are less than a handful of known copies. There have been several topics on here about it in the past

does it play salvation by rob thomas,or is it a female version?

Social source share

1 hour ago, Ted Massey said:

It's a real one that's for sure. Me being concerned about all the boots being done I thought this had but is same as at least 2 copies I know this is the 6th to surface all from different sources 

Does that include the ones already in the hands of Djs/collectors, Butch, Andy etc.  I know where Mick's and Ginger's came from. 

Edited by chalky
Social source share

On 21/06/2017 at 07:56, TagTag said:

This version is still a mystery to me especially when you see the number of versions of release numbers Charay 90 and 91 on Discogs and none of them the same a & b side as the one now on ebay????

Cresa Watson was the first issue.  The Rita Lee was pressed later by the owner Major Bill who was in touch with a dealer over here who was telling him what was popular.  Robert Thomas was the bigger record then so Rita Lee done on the back of that probably.  Even the later press is now fetching a few hundred, Cresa I know has had offers around 2.5 plus.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

24 minutes ago, Tony Smith said:

In THAT condition???, decribed as fair, and may even jump!!

It was listed as VG, but he does grade all his records the same, probably being over cautious. I reckon someone got a bargain. We will soon find out if it has stayed here when whoever bought it plays it out, assuming someone bought it to Dj. 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!