Arthur K Adams 'Let Me Love You Tonight'

Guest son of stan

Guest son of stan

Did this ever come out at the time of recording? I know it emerged on a fairly obscure comp CD in the 90s and remember Richard Searling hammering it on his radio show for a bit around that time. But seems to have slipped through the cracks. I take it no vinyl release? I think it's a real winner. Bit of a Bobby Patterson, 'I'm in Love With You' type of vibe going on....

B

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Hi stan,

I bought my copy as a brand new release back in 1996.

It Is from a Motown's BLUE EVOLUTION CD and no was not available on vinyl or anything else up until that release on the CD

Previously unreleased......Recorded 68/69 According to sleeve notes

Great track i have played in my Northern sets (when CD PLAYER AVAILABLE LOL) and in my Modern Sets also as it sits in there quite nicely with the cross over stuff.

Was a popular one for me at Arties Mill Soul Nites (Brigg) Near Scunthorpe Back in the day, Still love it and play it.

The cd is on the whole is a BLUES CD made up of 20 Tracks, 7 of which are Previously unreleased,

Sammy Ward-Mable John-Amos Kilburn-Earl King-Arthur Adams

Edited by RICK SCOTT
further info
Social source share

On ‎23‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 17:05, daved said:

Never heard that before of heard of that CD. It's a good track.

Hiya Dave

We played it occasionally at The Orwell (when we could get Barry to add the CD player LOL) so surprised you don't remember it?

Killer tune and one i'm surprised hasn't yet appeared on those 45 Motown box sets?

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

1 minute ago, Steve Plumb said:

Hiya Dave

We played it occasionally at The Orwell (when we could get Barry to add the CD player LOL) so surprised you don't remember it?

Killer tune and one i'm surprised hasn't yet appeared on those 45 Motown box sets?

Cheers

Steve

Oops might have the wrong Dave? Thought you was Dave Harrison?

Ignore the bit about not remembering it but the rest is still correct ;-)

Steve

• Helpful 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Steve Plumb said:

Oops might have the wrong Dave? Thought you was Dave Harrison?

Ignore the bit about not remembering it but the rest is still correct ;-)

Steve

It's Dave Dixon, Steve. I only had the pleasure of going to The Orwell once and I don't remember it from that night (nor much else) :D

Social source share

Guest son of stan

Thanks all. 

Mysteriously overlooked and, as Steve says, crying out for a belated first issue on vinyl I would have thought!

Not quite as magical, but this is a quality stomper from the same CD (and even lesser-known,going by the number of 'views'on YouTube!). 

Edited by son of stan
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!