EULA COOPER, VERSATILE GENTS, EL ANTHONY, LINDA JONES...

Alan Walls

Mornin' all.  I'm not one for mixing up the genres in my lists but they're all present and correct here - 60's Northern, Funky Grooves, Crossover & 70's Dancers. Let's just fire 'em up and see what the hell happens..

All at least ex condition unless otherwise stated.

*** SOLD **** Andre Scott, with Otis, Jessie & Shotgun   -   Cry In The Arms Of Another Love   -   Sunflower     £55   as if the sublime, soulful dancer wasn't enough, that's one hell of a name for a group...

Bobbie Brown    -   I  Gotta Have You   -    Jacklyn     £100   shares the same, ballsy, fistpumping 60's mid/uptempo backing as label-mates The Lovemasters 'Pushing and Pulling', but this is the much tougher find

Centre Stage    -     Someday, Someway / Hey Lady       -     Dispo    £45    2 cracking sides of mid tempo 70's grooving

*** SOLD *** El Anthony     -    We've Been In Love Too Long     -     La Cindy    £200   aye, it's El Anthony. Always in demand, be fast or yo'last!

Eula Cooper    -     Beggars Can't Be Choosy    -     Note   £75    was thrilled to find this when digging through the collection yesterday, I feared it was long gone. This much loved, Sam Dees penned mid tempo that almost stomps along 60's style, while being a smooth 70's production. Lovely!

Friends     -      No You No Me     -     Up   £35      Yet another I first heard on that John Manship 60's Newies tape back in '81 I often refer to, and another from that tape that still seems to be under the radar. 

***SOLD*** Linda Jones & Whatnauts   -     I'm So Glad I Found You    -     Stang    £45   God, do I feel daft! Not only did I not know I had this until yesterday, I didn't know it existed! An amazing cover of The O'Jays Northern classic, really belts along but it's Linda's legendary impassioned vocals that seals the deal. Just magic!

The Majorettes    -     Too Hot To Hold    -    Mercury demo    £40     yep, it's the Major Lance favourite (hence the group's name) but this is no mere cover version, it's a compete reworking; funked-up early 70's style.    Got legs, this one!

Marsha & The Delwands    -    No Hope No Faith     -     Zudan   £70    a much sprightlier song than the miserable title suggests! Early-mid 60's, obscure-label Northern from the Stafford tape swappers circuit. Condition dictates price here - it has scuffs and surface scratches that makes it look like a vg but which don't affect play, it sounds like an ex

Royal Premiers    -      I Can Make It If I Try       -     MBS     £75     and speaking of Stafford's tape swappers! Don't know if it ever got A List plays, but it did the tape rounds and enjoyed a good repute, turning up as it did about the same time as The Ascots release on MBS

*** SOLD *** Shirley Karol      -       My Baby's Gone Away     -      Dakar demo   £40  nearly half price for this quality early 70's mid tempo 

Sugar Pie Desanto    -     My Illusion     -     Soul Clock    £60     a similar groove to Shirley Karol  and getting attention 

Tommy Ray Tucker    -      Cry Cry Cry     -      Challenge demo   £160   my old Little Ritchie c/u, as featured in Mark Windle's book Rhythm Message. Rip roaring, brassy 60's stomper that kinda reminded me of Just Another Heartache. Comes with authentic 1980's cover up residue in run out groove, at no extra charge!

***SOLD*** The Versatile Gents     -      You've Blown My Mind       -         Linco    £65     rated track among the 'funky edged' fraternity. Git down, hoooooaah! 

Ok, dat's dat. Usual jive applies:
• Pm your interest, but please add a comment letting me now there’s a pm on the way
• P&P is £8 for Special Delivery on order over £50, under is £3 for 1st Class Signed For
• PayPal only, as a gift or add 4% to the total if paying as a business transaction
• Wanna haggle on price? GTF, they’re cheap enough! Ok, have a go, does no harm to ask, but don't be daft about it ;-)

Cheers y’all, Alan

Andre Scott.jpg

Bobbie Brown.jpg

Centre Stage - Someday, Someway.jpg

El Anthony.jpg

Eula Cooper.jpg

Friends.jpg

Linda Jones & Whatnoughts.jpg

Majorettes.jpg

Marsha & Delawands.jpg

Royal Premiers.jpg

Shirley Karol.jpg