Gambian Soul Club

Mandy

A very big thank you to everyone who attended yesterday, fantastic crowd and some brilliant tunes played.

Thank you to Shute for the equipment and everyone who donated raffle prizes - there were about 47 in all ohmy.gif And a big thanks to all the DJs who gave their time for free.

We raised the fantastic sum £728 at the event and put together with the money Pete and Kirsty raised on their sponsored walk the final total is £872!!!

Thanks to everyone again from myself, Jules and Pete and more importantly from all the people who are going to benefit from this .

Ooh and thanks to Joan and Tony for my lovely flowers thumbsup.gif

• Replies 43
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

A very big thank you to everyone who attended yesterday, fantastic crowd and some brilliant tunes played.

Thank you to Shute for the equipment and everyone who donated raffle prizes - there were about 47 in all ohmy.gif And a big thanks to all the DJs who gave their time for free.

We raised the fantastic sum £728 at the event and put together with the money Pete and Kirsty raised on their sponsored walk the final total is £872!!!

Thanks to everyone again from myself, Jules and Pete and more importantly from all the people who are going to benefit from this .

Ooh and thanks to Joan and Tony for my lovely flowers thumbsup.gif

=============

SS at its best thumbsup.gif Any pics Mandy?

Guest lagerlout

what a day...thank you to everyone who helped, attended, and the d.js who played there 45s for the gambian schools project....jules took some pics so will get her to post up later..highlights for me was stamping the ladies on there chests with the entry stamp yes.gif and dancing till 1-30am when everyone had gone cos shute thought it was an all nighter... shades.gif ...

what a day...thank you to everyone who helped, attended, and the d.js who played there 45s for the gambian schools project....jules took some pics so will get her to post up later..highlights for me was stamping the ladies on there chests with the entry stamp yes.gif and dancing till 1-30am when everyone had gone cos shute thought it was an all nighter... shades.gif ...

Also noticed that some people got stamped on their foreheads, I wonder if they have managed to get the Ink of this morning cause mine on my hand is still there..... laugh.gif

Guest lagerlout

Also noticed that some people got stamped on their foreheads, I wonder if they have managed to get the Ink of this morning cause mine on my hand is still there..... laugh.gif

mine to john... biggrin.gif great to see you and your good lady and your son..wayne..

Had a brilliant day/night, was great to catch up with some fantastic people and have a load of tomfoolery, cant wait to see the pics, musicly it was top draw. Well done Pete, Jules & Mandy, will add more later my brain is broken ph34r.gif

Joan has put this together regarding the CDs have 13 left

Been contacted by a few members on here who were unable to attend the alldayer due to various reasons/commitments etc... asking if there was anyway they could still make a donation.

So to those... and anyone else who would like to give support to this most worthy cause ... you can do it by sending/contacting ... Baz or Mandy

Although knowing the all great things Pete and Jules will be doing with your money is payment enough for your kindness... anyone making a donation will get a copy of the fantastic all dayer CD.... compiled by Baz and Carl Willingham.

Guest lagerlout

Had a brilliant day/night, was great to catch up with some fantastic people and have a load of tomfoolery, cant wait to see the pics, musicly it was top draw. Well done Pete, Jules & Mandy, will add more later my brain is broken ph34r.gif

Joan has put this together regarding the CDs have 13 left

Been contacted by a few members on here who were unable to attend the alldayer due to various reasons/commitments etc... asking if there was anyway they could still make a donation.

So to those... and anyone else who would like to give support to this most worthy cause ... you can do it by sending/contacting ... Baz or Mandy

Although knowing the all great things Pete and Jules will be doing with your money is payment enough for your kindness... anyone making a donation will get a copy of the fantastic all dayer CD.... compiled by Baz and Carl Willingham.

them glasses baz....what a laff always is when i meet up with you.. thumbsup.gif

them glasses baz....what a laff always is when i meet up with you.. thumbsup.gif

It was a reet old laugh biggrin.gif cant wait to see the pics of Dyffd (is that how you spell it) with his glasses and tash on laugh.gif

Am I dreaming or did all them tunes get played last night, which ever way it was brilliant .

Nice to see Mandy managed to stay awake !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wink.gif

I hope nobody got injured when Kirsty decided to bowl everyone out the road to grab the 100 club tickets

What a day/night , what a laugh , what great people.

Had a brilliant time, in great company. It was lovely to meet Mak, Mr & Mrs Shute,Pete & Ricey for the first time. I still feel a bit drunk, we were drinking raffle prizes until the early hours, will post my photo's up when I can focus a bit better whistling.gifbiggrin.gif .

There was a young lass there from Wales & it was her first time at a soul do. She arrived at the start & stayed until the bitter end & was hardly off the dance floor. I spoke to her at the end & she had loved it. So if she's reading this, good on you, hope to see you out again soon.

Mandy, Shute,the dj's & all the people who donated prizes deserve a huge pat on the back. I'm well chuffed with my 100 club tickets, I'm going in December for my birthday.

Thanks a million to Sarah for driving, there's no way I could driven this morning biggrin.gif

Kirstyx

Guest Ferrett

It was me with the head stamp!! blush.gif

Luckily managed to sweat most of it off dancing to some great tunes.

Thanks from all the Shropshire crowd for a great day out! Keep up the good work with the charity. WELL DONE!

P.S. Mandy, when do I get my framed picture (with the detroit records in it) that I won in the raffle? wicked.gif

It was me with the head stamp!! blush.gif

Luckily managed to sweat most of it off dancing to some great tunes.

Thanks from all the Shropshire crowd for a great day out! Keep up the good work with the charity. WELL DONE!

P.S. Mandy, when do I get my framed picture (with the detroit records in it) that I won in the raffle? wicked.gif

I dare you to try and get it laugh.giflaugh.gif:lol: I think theres more chance of my arse healing over

What a great day/night, had a great time from when we got there ( The Mays and myself) , till we left, music was spot on from all the dj's, well done to all the organisers of this event,

highlight tho for me was getting shot of that bloody unicorn, lol, laugh.gif look after it Baz.

Wayne (son of John and Dian)

Hi All, thanks for a wonderful nite, great tunes, great people.

Took a couple of friends who had never been to a soul nite before and afrar last nite they say that they cant wait for the next one.

A BIG thankyou to Mandy and all who made the nite go so well

See you all soon wink.gif

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Bloody fantastic day/night...... great bunch of soulies, tunes, laughs etc..

The cd Baz& Carl put together is wicked man :thumbsup: highly recomended, get one now or miss out at your own peril :shades:

Nice to see some old pals again and meeting new ones, which is always a pleasure,

Baz do you sleep with that light sabre ? you've always have it with you :) lol

Pete, shall we play another tune :lol::lol::lol:

Thanks to everyone, this could not have happened without all your support and what an outstanding figure that had been raised..... WELL DONE, I'M PROUD TO BE A SOULIE :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Shute

What a great day/night, had a great time from when we got there ( The Mays and myself) , till we left, music was spot on from all the dj's, well done to all the organisers of this event,

highlight tho for me was getting shot of that bloody unicorn, lol, :) look after it Baz.

Wayne (son of John and Dian)

Must say son you was very well behaved........Now off to be bed its way past your bedtime :thumbsup:

Guest OoohGeorgieBerry

I clearly made the right decision turning up for this magnificent event. Arrived about 4pm and all the DJs I witnessed until 1:15am were simply superb playing a wonderful collection of choooons! I was barely off the (fine) dancefloor (even having to break away from the tea time chips at one point to have a dance! :thumbsup: ) On top of that it was a great crowd of folk, friendly, welcoming, and all up for a good cause. All in all an excellent night, which made me proud to be a Staffordshire lad. Many thanks to all involved in organising it and putting in their time during the day.

A couple of my chums looked a tad rough this morning in the Premier Travel Lodge (no names, no packhorses to quote CJ off Reggie Perrin) but I'm sure it was worth it given we all had such a good time. One of em looked as green as the mushy peas which were donated to the raffle prizes! :thumbsup: Those of us who had made an attempt to sober up towards the end of the night were able to manage a hearty breakfast this morning, while others could only face a quiet darkened room haha!!

Great to meet up with the Tenby crew, hopefully see you in Longton over Chrimbo for some of Mace's top RnB sounds, or maybe even before at Middleton Civic Allnighter. :)

I took some snaps so hopefully I'll stick em up on this site later. I'm currently enjoying the Gambian SC CD. Niiiiiiiice!

Andy

Had a couple of requests to post my playlist from last night, so here it is.....

11:00 - 11:45

T.J WILLIAMS.......BABY, I NEED YOU

FOUR SONICS ... EASIER SAID THAN DONE

DETERMINATIONS...YOU CAN'T HOLD ON TO LOVE

INVITATIONS...WATCH OUT LITTLE GIRL

ANTHONY & THE AQUALADS...I REMEMBER

GILLETTES....SAME IDENTICAL THING

FLAIRS....YOU'VE GOT TO STEAL IT

BOBBY SMITH ...GIRL C/U

JOE WALKER....THIS IS MY LAST GOODBYE

KAREN SUE...SOMETHING ON MY MIND

LITTLE HANK....TRY TO UNDERSTAND

BEVERLY SHAFFER....WHERE WILL YOU BE BOY

DIPLOMATS....I REALLY LOVE YOU

MIRACLES.....WHATEVER MAKES YOU HAPPY

FANTASTIC FOUR....LIVE UP TO WHAT SHE THINKS

FRANK DELL....HE BROKE YOUR GAME WIDE OPEN

BILLY HAMBRIC...SHE SAID GOODBYE

MAXINE BROWN ...LET ME GIVE YOU MY LOVIN

I clearly made the right decision turning up for this magnificent event. Arrived about 4pm and all the DJs I witnessed until 1:15am were simply superb playing a wonderful collection of choooons! I was barely off the (fine) dancefloor (even having to break away from the tea time chips at one point to have a dance! :thumbsup: ) On top of that it was a great crowd of folk, friendly, welcoming, and all up for a good cause. All in all an excellent night, which made me proud to be a Staffordshire lad. Many thanks to all involved in organising it and putting in their time during the day.

A couple of my chums looked a tad rough this morning in the Premier Travel Lodge (no names, no packhorses to quote CJ off Reggie Perrin) but I'm sure it was worth it given we all had such a good time. One of em looked as green as the mushy peas which were donated to the raffle prizes! :thumbsup: Those of us who had made an attempt to sober up towards the end of the night were able to manage a hearty breakfast this morning, while others could only face a quiet darkened room haha!!

Great to meet up with the Tenby crew, hopefully see you in Longton over Chrimbo for some of Mace's top RnB sounds, or maybe even before at Middleton Civic Allnighter. :thumbsup:

I took some snaps so hopefully I'll stick em up on this site later. I'm currently enjoying the Gambian SC CD. Niiiiiiiice!

Andy

Andy

I can still only manage a darkened room :):thumbsup: . Hope the sight of me this morning, didnt put you off your breakfast. Bri told me I looked shocking when I got in too, must have been a dodgy pizza or something :thumbsup::shades:

Did anyone win the peas? :lol:

Kirsty

Guest OoohGeorgieBerry

Kirsty - dodgy pizza my arse. Dodgy gallons of ale and buckets of vino more like! :thumbsup:

Luckily I'd already eaten breakfast when that "vision" peered out of the darkened room or else I might not have able to... :) I'm surprised Bri let you into the house :thumbsup:

My photos from the night are now up on the site at

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.p...m&album=774 Enjoy!

Edited by OoohGeorgieBerry

highlight tho for me was getting shot of that bloody unicorn, lol, :thumbsup: look after it Baz.

It! :thumbsup: it does have a name you know :thumbsup: Emily the gender confused unicorn :thumbsup:

Baz do you sleep with that light sabre ? you've always have it with you :) lol

Of course shute, you never know what Sith overloard might try and take you out during the night :thumbsup:

Kirsty - dodgy pizza my arse. Dodgy gallons of ale and buckets of vino more like! :thumbsup:

Luckily I'd already eaten breakfast when that "vision" peered out of the darkened room or else I might not have able to... :thumbsup: I'm surprised Bri let you into the house :thumbsup:

My photos from the night are now up on the site at

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.p...m&album=774 Enjoy!

Good photos Andy. I got myself all muddled with my photo's, too much alcohol in the system, I've put some in the Piercebridge folder, so the one of you telling me to bugger off is on twice. Any idea how I rectify it, I've asked Bri but he hasnt the fogiest?.

One of these days I'll come home & Bri will have changed the locks :) . On the way home Sarah says she's going to bring out risk assesment forms for me next time :thumbsup:

WARNING.....GAY UNICORN NOW ON THE LOOSE IN NORTHAMPTON! :lol::lol::lol: Fantastic day, many thanks to all involved in organising and running this - I had a ball (did anybody notice? :yes: ). Carl and Maria's spot was about the most fun I've ever had in an hour with my clothes on..... Musical highlights for me were (a) Baz's Dickie Wonder ...CHOOON!, and the Len Barry "Love, Love Love" from Carl. Both new to me, but had an immediate effect. PS Staying at the Travelodge brought back the whole of the Alan Partridge series to me - just wish I had a damaged chocolate orange to give to the staff in the morning. Thanks to SarahC, Ooohgeorgieberry and KirstyM for the driving and good company, :thumbsup: to the Shrewsbury crew!

Pikeys Teatime Oldies...

The Cavaliers - Hold to My Baby - RCA WD

Michael & Raymond - Man Without A Woman - RCA WD

James Lewis and the Case Of Tyme - Manifesto - Legend

Teddy And The Fingerpoppers - Soul Groove pt1 - Arctic WD

The Coasters - Crazy Baby - Atco

Spyder Turner - I'm Alive With A Lovin' Feeling - MGM French EP

Johnny Wyatt - This Thing Called Love - Bronco

Billy Sha~Rae - I'm Gone - Spectrum

Gene Chandler - Mr Big Shot - Constellation

Marvin L. Sims - Now I'm In Love With You - Mellow WD

Linda Jones - My Heart Needs A Break - Loma WD

Sheila Ferguson - Heartbroken Memories - Swan

Gerri Thomas - Look What I Got - World Artists WD

Patti Austin - I Wanna Be Loved - Coral

Tammy Wayne - Have A Good Time - Boom

'Ivorys' - Please Stay - Despenza

Bob Brady & The Con Chords - Goodbye Baby - Chariot

The Embers - Just Crazy 'Bout You Baby - EEE

brilliant event :thumbsup:

really enjoyed this one. lots of great tunes and nice people.

well done to mandy and the gang and lagers of course :lol:

roll on next year!

Shane

Have to say i would have thought an event such as this.. for such a worthy cause.. would have been packed to the rafters with soul sourcers.. but then again it was raining. :yes:

That only makes the amount of money raised by the great crowd that was there all the more fantastic!!

Well done you lot.... when you think about all the great things Pete and Jules will be doing with the money you all raised.... hope you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

BIG BIG well dones to Mandy (top top bird)... Shute (for being such an absolute sweetheart)... the Lagers(for all the great work they're doing out in the Gambia).. so take a bow you two. :lol:

And of course everyone who was there.... you showed you had more than just soul... you have deep pockets also!!

GREAT STUFF :lol:

BTW, anybody got a CD with two disc 1's? Baz's set is good enough to have twice, but would like to have Carl's disc as well! PM me and we'll do a swap...

Oops sorry Richard :lol: PM me your address and i'll send you Carls one up :yes:

goes for any one else, any probs PM or email broadwayfabs[at]tiscali[dot]co[dot]uk will sort out a replacement :thumbsup:

Unfortunately Mrs Shute misplaced the list with the winners names on .... one of these times we'll get the raffle right!! I have just found the two tickets for the St Ives Nighter so can whoever won them please contact me or if anyone knows who won them (and they're not on SS) can they let them know please!! I'm not sure if it was our Nick actually or even Baz!!

Unfortunately Mrs Shute misplaced the list with the winners names on .... one of these times we'll get the raffle right!! I have just found the two tickets for the St Ives Nighter so can whoever won them please contact me or if anyone knows who won them (and they're not on SS) can they let them know please!! I'm not sure if it was our Nick actually or even Baz!!

It hasnt me, but I'm sure I won that photo that Mak donated :thumbsup: .

I forgot to get it on my way out :D

Not me Mandy, im DJing so dont have to pay, might have been nick but think he just won the Velvelets tickets :thumbsup:

Guest Ferrett

It was me Mandy, but I'm willing to trade for that framed piccie with the Detroit records in it :thumbsup:

I've sent you a PM about it.

Is anyone else going to the St Ive's thing? Looks like a good line up for a Thursday night!!!!

Edited by Ferrett

Source Advert