Jim smirk

Baz1

Just the worst news, totally in shock. Another fine 'Macc Lad' taken too soon. Far too early to take stock, but I am missing you already my dear friend.

Our deepest sympathy to Liz and and all Jim's family and friends.

Sleep well Jim....Tony & Janet Jackson

Edited by Tony Jackson
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Very sad indeed......was chatting to him at Stoke Record Fair last month and noticed his absence at same fair on Sunday just gone.

A lovely guy, very knowledgeable and passionate about soul music and was a privilege to have known him.

R.I.P. pal, at least you are in good company with long departed friends.

Mace.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

i will miss you jim,i went to my first allnighter with jim when i was 15,jim and liz have always been good to me,lovely lovely people.

my thoughts are with liz and the boys

jim has been with northern soul from the very beginning and remained true to the scene all his life,a big big loss to the scene.

all my love

lee

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Gutted. Had so many great times with Jim. We were only in fits of laughter at Cleethorpes the other week. He always made a point of asking after my boys too.

It was a privilege to have known you.

Rest in peace my friend.

Jim.

Edited by Jim Elliott
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Totally gutted, had not seen Jim for a while; as I haven't been getting out and missed Cleethorpes this year. A great guy and good friend.. always a smile and a kiss.. my thoughts and best wishes to Liz and the family. Another member of our soul family gone too soon and will be sorely missed.. I believe that I was the only ' Manc red'  to cross his doorstep.. RIP.. Jim.. 

Edited by Barry Pitcher
Spelling errors
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Just seen this sad news on Facebook, a true soul gent of the highest order, used to come to our soul night at The North Cheshire, Stockport with all the Mac lads, loved the banter when they always seemed to win the soul quiz at Cleethorpes, not seen Jim since a record fair we ran at Hyde football club a few years ago, talked soul with him many times, a lovely guy and a sad loss.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Very sad to hear of yet another of that famous gang of lads that were true friends to each other and so many others. Glenn and Dave will have a third stool now as they no doubt spend endless hours enjoying each others company. A very sad day. Condolences to all family and friends.

Dave 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Totally devastated, was only speaking to Jim on the phone sunday night. He said he wasn't feeling too good, I could tell in his voice something was wrong. What a wonderful chap. Bought a lot of records off of him over the years, excellent taste in music-he just loved his northern soul, and modern. Still can't believe it. Condolences to all of the family. RIP Jim, will miss our chats on the phone. Love you to bits. 

• Helpful 2
Social source share

What a sad, sad day. Jim you were one of the nicest, sincerest guys I have ever known. Always a smile, a hug and great banter every time we met.

Bought some great records from him over the years. When we were at Oaklands a few weeks back he told me he had'nt been too well. My passing words were, I'll give you a ring in a couple of weeks, look after yourself. If only !

Sincere condolences to Liz and all the family.

RIP my dear friend.

Kev Jones

• Helpful 2
Social source share

1 hour ago, Dave Moore said:

Very sad to hear of yet another of that famous gang of lads that were true friends to each other and so many others. Glenn and Dave will have a third stool now as they no doubt spend endless hours enjoying each others company. A very sad day. Condolences to all family and friends.

Dave 

nice one DAVE....the jd and coke will getting some stick....

Social source share

2 hours ago, staceys dad said:

a few weeks ago at cleethorpes...gonna miss this guy so much...( jim top left )..with JIM  GLENN HUNTER and DAVE POINTON all up there now...gonna get noisy up there...you made my life so much the better when i met you    R.I.P. mate ...up the city.xxxx

..19554518_1849825475282478_15574330156611:(will love you always my friend Xx goodnight

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Such sad news today, totally gutted. Had known Jim for many years one of the original 'Mac Lads'.  Jim, it was a pleasure to have known you and be able to call you a friend. Our sincere love and thoughts to Liz and all of Jim's family & friends, all our Love Roger & Jenny x

• Helpful 3
Social source share

43 minutes ago, Roburt said:

Jim, along with Glen, were true soul gents ... he'll be much missed (as is Glen).

... back to 2009 ... 

Cleggy09GlenH.jpg

great pic mate,thanks for sharing...although ,glenn looks like he has just got a bargain record,and jim missed out! haha

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Got the awful news on Wednesday from John Baxter, couldn't believe it, I'd only been speaking to Jim the previous week. He'd said he had heart trouble, but I didn't expect this. He had excellent musical taste, I bought quite a few records from him, but most important he was a really good decent guy. My condolences to Liz and the family.

RIP Jim.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

23 minutes ago, Kev John said:

Hi everyone

I have just contacted Liz on the phone & gave mine & Yvonne's condolences 

She thanked me for calling & i asked if i could post up the funeral arrangements when they are known on SS

Liz as agreed that i could 

Atb Kev 

Thanks kev we'll be there !!!!baz n shelly

• Helpful 2
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

FUNERAL ARRANGEMENTS FOR JIM

Friday 21st July at 12:30pm in Macclesfield 

Service at The United Reform church,Macclesfield  SK11 7NA

Crematorium afterwards 

Then to the the Pack Horse Bowling Club which is just across the road from the Crem for the wake 

Jim's wishes dark clothes for his send off

• Helpful 3
Social source share

• 4 weeks later...
Guest caz smirk

Just want to say thank you for all the lovely post , Jim is my brother and it's heartbreaking to have lost him ,he started me on soul music when I was very young . I know he will be up there playing his music with Glen and Dave RIP Jimmy 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!