Current Value Please? Allan Sisters - Downtown Crowd

Hi,

I have a genuinely NM/M- copy of The Allan Sisters - I'm In With The Downtown Crowd that I'm considering parting with.

Can anyone give me a realistic value that I might achieve either as a straight sale or as a trade-in / trade-against any 'wants'?  If I do consider trades I'd be looking for a single 45 of similar value in similar condition with maybe a cash adjustment either way.

It's not definite that I'll sell/trade but as funds are dwindling I may need to consider this to fund or obtain any major wants.

Can anyone advise please?

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Allan Sisters.JPG

Social source share

Tough record to find nowadays mate , big spin in its day for Colin law on the Scottish nighter scene in the 80's / early 90's 

Last copy on here for sale was Lenny Harkins test press on Feb , that went for £350 but I have seen the issue for sale at £700

Supply and demand it's a cracking dancer and one that's been on peoples wants lists for years 

Everybody forgets about their album Drummer Man with the track included in glorious stereo which can still be picked up cheapish

Hope you get a good price for it

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Hi Pete

Thank you for having a ferret on my behalf.   As it happens I'd seen the post but it appears to be from 7 years ago, and given that prices appear to be in a constant state of flux (i.e. anything I want to buy shoots up in value and most things I sell seem to go in the opposite direction) I wasn't sure how reliable a guide that might be to today's price.

Thank you for taking the time to do some digging though, it's genuinely appreciated.

Chris

Social source share

12 minutes ago, scooterboy said:

Hi Pete

Thank you for having a ferret on my behalf.   As it happens I'd seen the post but it appears to be from 7 years ago, and given that prices appear to be in a constant state of flux (i.e. anything I want to buy shoots up in value and most things I sell seem to go in the opposite direction) I wasn't sure how reliable a guide that might be to today's price.

Thank you for taking the time to do some digging though, it's genuinely appreciated.

Chris

Oops sorry Chris!

I thought that was a sale from a few months ago - must have read it wrong.

Pete

:facepalm:

Social source share

On 6/28/2017 at 16:02, The Tempest said:

Tough record to find nowadays mate , big spin in its day for Colin law on the Scottish nighter scene in the 80's / early 90's 

Last copy on here for sale was Lenny Harkins test press on Feb , that went for £350 but I have seen the issue for sale at £700

Supply and demand it's a cracking dancer and one that's been on peoples wants lists for years 

Everybody forgets about their album Drummer Man with the track included in glorious stereo which can still be picked up cheapish

Hope you get a good price for it

Not even the L.P. is so cheap just purchased one and it set me back £60. However a lot cheaper than the 7". Same coarse goes for The Kindley Shepherds one?

Social source share

1 minute ago, The Tempest said:

Here's a picture of the Lp 

IMG_0204.JPG

And try and find one? Took me 10 minutes and had to pay £60 but not many around? (discogs etc) so please don't find me a mint copy for a fiver LOL.

Social source share

On 28/06/2017 at 16:27, scooterboy said:

Thank you 'Tempest'.

I have only known about the record for the last couple of years and didn't realise it was such a big spin quite a few years ago.

Chris

Goes back to the early 80s at least, Ady Pountain the first or one of the first with it.  I got the Lp for £30.

Social source share

On 29/06/2017 at 17:54, ik001 said:

Not even the L.P. is so cheap just purchased one and it set me back £60. However a lot cheaper than the 7". Same coarse goes for The Kindley Shepherds one?

Just picked up a copy of that Lp funnily enough with the Kindly Shepherds track ! 

IMG_0207.JPG

Social source share

1 minute ago, The Tempest said:

Just picked up a copy of that Lp funnily enough with the Kindly Shepherds track ! 

IMG_0207.JPG

Yes bought that one myself after failed wants on this forum, but mine was cheaper i.e. free it had a scratch and the guy refunded all my money although it wasn't much to start with. Nice on L.P. but unlike 7" it is a bit of a pain to drag out and play out but the only alternative is to shell out £100+  for the single.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!