The Masqueraders enter America's Got Talent

Guest Spain pete

God bless them . they should enter the x factor with how , would win it hands down !👍👏👌🎶🎶🎶

Social source share

Watching this explains why I get no responses to my podcast show on the predominantly USA Soulful Detroit. Americans are, in general, ignorant of any thing that is not "a hit"...not interested in anything that's not mainstream. I don't particularly mean this young audience.

Social source share

A top, top outfit with so many brilliant tunes to be proud of. Not sure this song does justice to their talent or offers a passport to fame and fortune. They could easily break into the tribute band circuit and could hold their own in Vegas. Their 60's and 70's output would also be showcased to good effect on tours to European, American and Far East/Australian soul venues. The music business always was, and still is a fickle beast - the Masqueraders would be better off steering clear of novelty shows, but who knows, this exposure may lead to something and deservedly so.

Social source share

4 hours ago, kev cane said:

Wonder what the reaction would have been if they had done "Average guy" or "Please take me back" my first reaction was that Simon Cowell and his muppets are not qualified to run the rule over The Masqueraders, however, after listening to Tats on the subject, he rightly reflected that Simon Cowell could be the ticket for these guys to make some real cash, then so be it I say, apparently, group member and mainstay, Sam Hutchinson works a nightshift job earning minimum wage, I remember when they did Prestatyn a few years ago, I was fortunate enough to speak with them, I asked where the great Lee Jones was, "driving a truck" came the reply which gutted me totally and ruined my weekend, so, for all of their countless soulful masterpieces (no exaggeration)that we so rightly love, they haven't paid the bills. I don't care now if they get up there and sing nursery rhymes, just as long as they are paid handsomely and get some well earned recognition, lets be honest, if they did break out with those incredible words "If I was a rich man" Cowell and his sugar coated arse lickers just wouldn't get it.

Kev

Totally agree kev...i was pissed off at the thought of Cowell and his cronies judging 'our ' Masqueraders but then it came to me it's a  sort of envy/jealous thing that you get when you see the look on someone's face when hearing what you heard that first time...i hope they get all the riches and hope someone drops the grapevine CD in the judges laps...Lee Jones...truck driving...Bill Brandon was too...

Dave L 

• Helpful 3
Social source share

6 hours ago, RobbK said:

What if they sang "The Same Thing"?  :lol:

Nice to see the young'uns listening to an accomplished group singing real music, for a change.

They sound amazing.....put the kids singing harmonys against them and they would be lost....it's lovely to see..even if your not a soul nut, as we all are...they sound very very good....good luck to them...I hope they  get a contract, tour and earn the money they deserve!!!.....made me smile that there new, never heard of by the judges...it's lovely because we know don't we😀.....kind regards....Rob

Edited by Lionelonthevinyl
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Can somebody please add their next singing on the show to this thread please so we can see what they do next and how it goes down.

really hoping they do one of there own songs.

does anybody know the date they are due on again ?

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Carl Dixon

A tear too. Amazing to see this. Love to write them a song....I hope they get something out of this and a chance to record.  Something really that compliments the material we know about would be the icing on the cake for these gentlemen who never stopped dreaming. Very inspirational. It could be something like this that triggers a more soulful approach to song writing/production for old and younger groups interested in this sound.

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...