Tim Brown Price Guide

Pete S

OK I've got a copy of this now. On first look, it doesn't seem as concise as Manships book as the B sides are not listed - this in my opinion is a big mistake as sometimes records are listed with the 'wrong' side and this is one of the few good points about the latest JM book. There are some very nice colour scans of labels but the general layout is pretty basic though easy to use. But never mind that, the important thing here is the price of the records and I thought I'd compare the prices of a few records which I've picked up in the last few days and see if there was much difference between the two books.

jackson brothers (providence) JM 200 TB 50

soulmasters (raven) JM 200 TB 200

showmen (wrong girl) JM 100 TB 100

embers (mgm issue) JM 350 TB 150

sandy wynns (champion dj) JM 60 TB 50

dynamics (rca) JM 200 TB 150

earl harrison (abs) JM 100 TB 75

arnells (roulette) JM 85 TB 50

but if you take things like The Ellusions you have JM 600 TB 300

this is just a first glance comparison but it would appear that the TB book is sticking to more sensible prices.

Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

OK I've got a copy of this now.  On first look, it doesn't seem as concise as Manships book as the B sides are not listed - this in my opinion is a big mistake as sometimes records are listed with the 'wrong' side and this is one of the few good points about the latest JM book.  There are some very nice colour scans of labels but the general layout is pretty basic though easy to use.  But never mind that, the important thing here is the price of the records and I thought I'd compare the prices of a few records which I've picked up in the last few days and see if there was much difference between the two books.

jackson brothers (providence)  JM 200  TB 50

soulmasters (raven)                JM 200  TB 200

showmen (wrong girl)              JM 100    TB 100

embers (mgm issue)                JM 350    TB 150

sandy wynns (champion dj)      JM 60      TB 50

dynamics (rca)                        JM 200    TB 150

earl harrison (abs)                  JM 100    TB 75

arnells (roulette)                      JM 85      TB 50

but if you take things like The Ellusions you have JM 600 TB 300

this is just a first glance comparison but it would appear that the TB book is sticking to more sensible prices.

link

Does TB sell at these prices though ?

Social source share

Can't really answer that as I don't see his lists...

link

When he's on the Bay :graynone: his auction prices start at the most you'd expect to pay for them anyway. And he does not seem to get many bids ! (i'm only talking about £100 + items here)

Whats he got the Ringleaders at Pete ?

Social source share

When he's on the Bay  :graynone: his auction prices start at the most you'd expect to pay for them anyway. And he does not seem to get many bids ! (i'm only talking about £100 + items here)

Whats he got the Ringleaders at Pete ?

link

I didn't even know he sold on Ebay, whats his seller ID??

Ringleaders in at 300, but in at 500 in JM :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!