EBay concern, possible scam?

Had a recent oddity with an ebay sale, thankfully not a big item. Sold Africano - Satisfactorise https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/122546402035?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649 (£38). It was one of 7 items I sold that finished on that day. Due to work, couldn't post the day after the auction finished, so went to post everything 36 hours after auction. We're all fallible, and the first part of this could be my mistake. I thought I'd seen all 7 were paid for, so happily only one trip to PO. I've had some issue following links on EBay to 'Print Postage', with it just coming up with a link ad to the PO Click and drop service. Following the link to View order Details - Delivery Address I get Send to:guênerie Jean - Mehdi, 7 avenue de thies ( apt 81 ), caen Basse-Normandie 14000, France. Posted accordingly.

Couple of days later I notice this isn't paid. Obviously could be my mistake, just questioning if there's a way to cancel or withdraw payment. I was sure (as much as I can be) all 7 were paid?

Start to contact Buyer (who has 100% positive feedback) crilin35 

Notice that when I Send Invoice link on EBay the buyers address is different: 

Obviously I've tried the phone number but 06 isn't a UK code (HolyHead 01407) number isn't a registered mobile number.

Coincidence that I thought appeared as paid before I'd sent an invoice?

Coincidence that the one I thought appeared as paid that then wasn't has 2 postal addresses with a wrong phone number?

Coincidence not been paid?

Warning to other sellers, somethings wrong here?

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

This alias appears to be entirely false, checked google maps no address

<edited by site>

BEWARE OF SELLING TO <edited by site> appears to be using false alias with multiple addresses

Edited by mike
address removed
Social source share

Contacted via Facebook, wouldn't respond to eBay messages. Happy to acknowledge my fault for mistakenly posting before payment confirmed, happy to state my opinion that Jean Mehdi Guenerie is an opportunistic thief. Couldn't pay because he didn't have any access to internet, which he told me by Facebook messenger. still don't understand multiple name thing!

Social source share

Jean Mehdi Guenerie sent me an over graded record last year on Discogs and it took him one and a half weeks after payment before he posted it. It was a long drawn out affair trying to get a refund. I have an email address and Discogs username, PM me if you need it.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!