• Replies 13
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Not mentioned in JMs bootleg book, but all promos on pipsike are red writing not black.

I'm sure it is a pressing.

post-1218-1163357908_thumb.jpg

Paul

Looks like it's styrene - I'm pretty sure that all Congress originals are vinyl ,whether demo or issue. I'm also pretty sure that all Congress demos are red print on a white background, whatever the record happens to be. I've got about 20, ranging from Shirley Ellis to James Ray to Ritchie Adams to Sissie Houston, and not one of them is black.

TONE :)

Social source share

It may be scanned in black and white?

just a thought

No, I've just scanned it.

Thanks to everyone for the other info.

This record shows how strange things were over here in the sixties. Another American non hit by a then pretty much unknown singer. Spawning 2 UK cover versions.

At least I know my Dusty Springfield album version isn't a pressing! :)

Paul

Edited by Paul r
Social source share

Guest melandthensome

:) Allright Paul

first heard that at the Mecca circa 73/4ish I think.I bought a few emi discs of a coloured guy from yorkshire named MOPSEY.

I bought 2 emi's but he was still is the only guy I have ever known to cut emi's on plastic vinyl.

Got

cissy on 1 side /carl douglas Marble n iron on the other.

plus

brice coefield /inst of Saxie Russell on the other.

Did u ever know of MOPSEY?

cheers

mel

post-6164-1163361437_thumb.jpg

Social source share

This record shows how strange things were over here in the sixties. Another American non hit by a then pretty much unknown singer. Spawning 2 UK cover versions.

The artist didn't have a lot to do with it, management companies in the Uk were sent publishers demos of songs and if they thought they were right for their artist, they'd record it. So while Dusty may have been aware of Cissy Houstons version, Stella Starr probably only knew Dusty's version, if any!

Social source share

Guest Pete Griffin

Mine is yellow with black writing, and its a boot on styrene, and there is a distorted sound in the bring back bit of the song. :)

Edited by Pete Griffin
Social source share

:) Allright Paul

first heard that at the Mecca circa 73/4ish I think.I bought a few emi discs of a coloured guy from yorkshire named MOPSEY.

I bought 2 emi's but he was still is the only guy I have ever known to cut emi's on plastic vinyl.

Got

cissy on 1 side /carl douglas Marble n iron on the other.

plus

brice coefield /inst of Saxie Russell on the other.

Did u ever know of MOPSEY?

cheers

mel

Hello mate, I remember the name. I have a Hollywood A Go GO with a speeded up version of Marsha Gee on the other side on styrene. I think they came from Pete though!

KTF

Paul

Social source share

Hello mate, I remember the name. I have a Hollywood A Go GO with a speeded up version of Marsha Gee on the other side on styrene. I think they came from Pete though!

KTF

Paul

That boot is on vinyl not styrene

Ive got a Pink/red issue but its on styrene I think from the USA in a pack with other originals

You sure if its styrene its aboot Pete?

No Steve just the one mentioned at the start, white label black print, styrene, it's not in the bootleg book but it's definitely a boot...I got caught out with it myself

Social source share

• 10 years later...

Mine is White Demo with Red lettering vinyl 

RED star on the bottom left quadrant on the label & I stamped in the run out 

Also there is another White Demo with the Star in the bottom right hand quadrant of the label never had 1 in my hands to check which letter is stamped in the run out  ?

Atb Kev :hatsoff2:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!