Ronnie Walker - now There Is You

Citizen P

This is one of my fave CD's...

Ronnie Walker Someday

Philly Archives, 1966-1973

Titles include "Really Really Love You", "Ronnie's Theme", "Someday", "Love is An Illusion", "Everything Is Everything", "Precious", "Now I Cry", "Thanks To You", "I'm Saying Goodbye", and "Now There Is You".

Classy stuff.

Social source share

• 10 years later...

The copy in the "You Tube" clip is the previously unissued cut that Ronnie put out a couple of years ago. From what I gather - After Ronnie parted company with producer Phil Gaber to work with Vince Montana, Phil put out the Gala side without Ronnie's knowledge, but only pressed up a couple of hundred copies - hence it's scarcity

Des

Social source share

The copy in the "You Tube" clip is the previously unissued cut that Ronnie put out a couple of years ago. From what I gather - After Ronnie parted company with producer Phil Gaber to work with Vince Montana, Phil put out the Gala side without Ronnie's knowledge, but only pressed up a couple of hundred copies - hence it's scarcity

Des

Thanks Des. That explains a few things.

Ian D  :D

Social source share

The flip side 'In search of love' is imo is one of the finest single artist falsetto deep soul records of all time, and has been highly regarded by japanese collectors for years. Over here most are unable to appreciate that, but then it has allways been that way. As for the other side, well it would be a great theme tune for a racing chanel on sky! The  'over the top' production is only saved by Mr walkers great voice. It's been knocking around for years. I did play 'now there is you' out at some local gig back in the eighties and realized it was a mistake. 

Social source share

found this in a record shop that used to be at the bottom end of bath street Ilkeston derbys in 78 payed 50p for it at the time  until a couple of  years ago had never seen another copy so its deffo rare eventually sold it in 82 to rob smith when I sold my first collection always rated it :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Des

I never realised only a couple of hundred copies were pressed on Gala - wonder how many copies still in existence.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!