Guest rachel

• Replies 38
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Also on Jamaican Coxsone - credited as Jackie Opel

Never knew that. That crowd were worse for cover ups and boots than the Northern Scene!

I guessed it was released on R & B in the 60's cos of the West Indian interest but the recording is from the late 50's. Any idea of the date of the Coxone release?

Social source share

Never knew that. That crowd were worse for cover ups and boots than the Northern Scene!

I guessed it was released on R & B in the 60's cos of the West Indian interest but the recording is from the late 50's. Any idea of the date of the Coxone release?

It's on the flip of "push wood" so around the time that was released or just after.

Trouble is i haven't a clue with the Jamaican releases - they could have been pressed in the 60s / 70s/ 80s or even last week.

There are different issues with it on the flip though - some are blanks some have "Jackie Opel - Nobodys Business" on the label

Edited by pikeys dog
Social source share

That's What Love Is - gerald levert & miki howard - voices cd

11422 refosoul

What a sad sad loss, R.I.P. one of the best soul voices of recent years.

Social source share

SOS - frank wilson & eddie foster - avenue

11425 refosoul

I'm sure I read this as covered up as these two somewhere..it's from one of the budget covers EP's the Walthamstow based Avenue (named after the local football team?) label put out in the 70's. Turns out they were based round the corner to my old man's shop at the time and I never knew (get the reference there?)Sounds like Jimmy Helms to me.

Social source share

Two Hearts - teddy pendergrass and stephanie mills - from my mp3 collection

11431 refosoul

Like this one, Maverick,modern soul , feel good music, as usual troops, standard of music choices, very high, good varied styles from RnB, to smooth soul groovers such as this track...just what one needs to ease themselves into a working week.....Delx

Social source share

Guest Lady Maverick

Like this one, Maverick,modern soul , feel good music, as usual troops, standard of music choices, very high, good varied styles from RnB, to smooth soul groovers such as this track...just what one needs to ease themselves into a working week.....Delx

Glad you like it! You don't know how many requests I get for this one!

This one as well!

Saturday Love - alexander o'neal and cherrelle -tabu

11433 refosoul

Social source share

Great Goo-Ga-Moo-Ga - tom & jerrio - abc paramount

11453 refosoul

Today, 02:36 PM Post #17 We are all in the gutter..Group: MintPosts: 1,338Joined: 10-May 04From: ..but some of us are looking at the starsMember No.: 1,354Event:: The Metropolitan Soul Show on Starpointradio.comPhoto AlbumsLast Played Clip:Something To Fall Back On.mp3 - Come On And Love Me - tom & jerrio - abc testing times - improved features inc new uploader - post in site q's forum if probs... thanks Great stuff and cheap too.. The best record The Impressions never made!--------------------The METROPOLITAN SOUL SHOW - "Let the music speak"" https://www.starpointradio.com/With Simon "a good face for radio" White -- NEW TIMES Live: Wednesday 2.00pm - 4.00pm GMTthen repeated THURSDAY 2.00 AM - 4.00 AM AND SATURDAY 7.00 AM-9.00 AM https://www.myspace.com/simonrwhite "manifesto" magazine, the NUMBER ONE magazine for Northern Soul, Old School Dance and Nu Soul news, views and reviews. Subscriptions on 020 8543 4252

Just recorded this to put up, darn you Simon. biggrin.gif

You forgot the other side though, nice little R&B type tune

Edited by Bogue
Social source share

Glad you like it! You don't know how many requests I get for this one!

This one as well!

Saturday Love - alexander o'neal and cherrelle -tabu

11433 refosoul

Oooh yes.can just see meself.... 20 years back......on the dancefloor at a soul funk club.....shoulder pads......wet look perm....line dancing soul stylee!!! btw quite like that It-Ron and Bill,did Smokey write and produce that?? how many more hidden gems of this calibre i wonder Motown still have...Delx

Social source share

Just recorded this to put up, darn you Simon. :unsure:

You forgot the other side though, nice little R&B type tune

I love all the Jerry O /Jerrio records!

:wicked: Can't argue with that Simon thumbsup.gif

Social source share

baby your time is my time - bob & earl - mirwood

11457 refosoul

Just love Bob & Earl

:wicked: Agree too Miff, Superb together, alone & under whatever alias thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest Lady Maverick

Oooh yes.can just see meself.... 20 years back......on the dancefloor at a soul funk club.....shoulder pads......wet look perm....line dancing soul stylee!!! btw quite like that It-Ron and Bill,did Smokey write and produce that?? how many more hidden gems of this calibre i wonder Motown still have...Delx

I'll have to get my notes from the collection to confirm, but IT was written by Berry Gordy and Smokey Robinson as well as the flip DON'T SAY BYE-BYE. I have the latter on my other drive and will post later!

Social source share

Guest Lady Maverick

Ok...according to my notes, IT was written by Smokey and Berry Gordy and produced by Berry; recorded in 1959 and it was a single (Argo 5350-first pressing and Tamla 54025-second pressing) but never charted or available on an album.

Social source share

Guest Lady Maverick

Don't Say Bye-Bye - ron and bill - motown

11471 refosoul

This is the B-side to IT, written by Berry Gordy and Smokey Robinson...no producer credited. Available on LOST AND FOUND: ALONG CAME LOVE 1958-1964.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!