The Stax Academy UK Tour

Yeah saw the class before these last year in Memphis....it was a Wow, Wow moment, chin on floor stuff. Got front row seats for the Milton Keynes show a week Tuesday, can't wait.

I,would,recommend anyone to go and be wowwed!

Dave H

• Helpful 2
Social source share

I was there too and echo every word of Chalky's review. They were simply outstanding! Don't miss an opportunity to see this bunch of highly talented kids. The little lass has a fantastic voice. My daughter was up on the stage doing the Funky Chicken and she, my lad, my wife, my mate and his daughter all agreed it was the best live show we've seen for some time.

IMG_1928.JPG

IMG_1910.JPG

• Helpful 3
Social source share

What a stunning night.   Must have been real close to you Soulfinger - your daughter was great.  there's a vid of her on the Stax Academy Facebook page.

And Reforee - where you're going you won't need seats!!

Seriously folks, this is not to be missed. And the concerts in Hitchin and Bristol are FREE if you can still get a ticket.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

On 7/11/2017 at 14:35, chalky said:

The video of The Funky Chicken is on my facebook page. 

Thanks Chalky, the videos are absolutely great. In yours, the mike stands obscure the fact that she gave us all the finger when she realised that we were all recording her doing the chicken. She was in big trouble....

• Helpful 1
Social source share

26 minutes ago, Soulfinger said:

Thanks Chalky, the videos are absolutely great. In yours, the mike stands obscure the fact that she gave us all the finger when she realised that we were all recording her doing the chicken. She was in big trouble....

:D :thumbup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

On ‎10‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 20:32, reforee said:

Yeah saw the class before these last year in Memphis....it was a Wow, Wow moment, chin on floor stuff. Got front row seats for the Milton Keynes show a week Tuesday, can't wait.

I,would,recommend anyone to go and be wowwed!

Dave H

I will see you on Tuesday Dave, I am taking my Mum, Dad and Sister and like you I am really looking forward to it.

Social source share

Saw them last night at the Stables Milton Keynes. They were excellent ,so much energy and enthusiasm. Vocalists and backing band.

Highlights for me were "When something is wrong with my baby" " Ive been loving you too long" and the young girl belting out "Gee Whiz"

Things like this will make sure the music from that era will live on. Good to see so many young people in the audience.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!