Bulk vinyl shipping from US to UK...

I'll be in New Orleans in October and plan to buy quite a bit of stock for the record shop I'll be taking over later that month. I reckon the LPs will be over the weight allowance for the flight and planned to ship them before I leave. What's the best/cheapest way of shipping quantities of vinyl from the States to UK. The time it takes isn't really a factor, so if surface mail is an option that would be fine.

Anyone with experience of this and/or US based who can advise please?

Cheers :thumbsup:

Edited by Godzilla
Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

2 hours ago, Godzilla said:

I'll be in New Orleans in October and plan to buy quite a bit of stock for the record shop I'll be taking over later that month. I reckon the LPs will be over the weight allowance for the flight and planned to ship them before I leave. What's the best/cheapest way of shipping quantities of vinyl from the States to UK. The time it takes isn't really a factor, so if surface mail is an option that would be fine.

Anyone with experience of this and/or US based who can advise please?

Cheers :thumbsup:

You should plan this as carefully as you can. For a couple of singles post is best, for anything from 20 to 100 someone like UPS (NOT USPS) try one of the parcel discount places like ParcelHero or Parcel2Go they'll give best rates. For larger amounts try an air freight forwarder like Ziegler I've shipped thousands of records with them.

https://www.ziegler.co.uk/websites/ziegleruk.nsf/pages/2E604E82C5CAF198C1257799002AB11B?OpenDocument#

If I were you I'd start weighing lots of singles so you can build up an idea of whom you would ship with so that when you've done your buying you can start the shipping process straight away. I have 35+ years experience of worldwide air & sea freight shipping. There are other things you can do to reduce costs. Good luck.
Edited by Chris L
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

12 minutes ago, Chris L said:

You should plan this as carefully as you can. For a couple of singles post is best, for anything from 20 to 100 someone like UPS (NOT USPS) try one of the parcel discount places like ParcelHero or Parcel2Go they'll give best rates. For larger amounts try an air freight forwarder like Ziegler I've shipped thousands of records with them.

https://www.ziegler.co.uk/websites/ziegleruk.nsf/pages/2E604E82C5CAF198C1257799002AB11B?OpenDocument#

If I were you I'd start weighing lots of singles so you can build up an idea of whom you would ship with so that when you've done your buying you can start the shipping process straight away. I have 35+ years experience of worldwide air & sea freight shipping. There are other things you can do to reduce costs. Good luck.

Thanks Chris. I'm talking about albums specifically - and not exclusively soul etc. I'm sure the same principles will apply.
Cheers mate :thumbsup:

Social source share

10 hours ago, BritMusicSoulFan said:

I haven't used Delta Freight, or any of the airline freight option, but I've checked on rates for someone, and the rates are really reasonable.

Don't forget there will be lots of add-ons with air freight, you must always ask what they are, such as customs clearance, files costs, pick-up, delivery, consolidation costs, etc.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!