Gary Garnett-Have you heard the news

i picked this up about 8 years ago for a fiver it went to the back of the box. It started to get played covered up which i didnt know about in n.wales and was going for about 150-200 price now unsure about i have heard 500 but dont take my word for it i know someone else is after it too so be quick hope this slightly helps

Social source share

Well, this quest started/sounded "scary" for a daft geezer like me not in "the known" of the now NS club sounds. But thanks to the crazy YT clip provided by 'huh' I find it rather intriguing even if the guy was looking... not black ! Or not a "typical" NS hero. Still, appealing even if "teeny" on the sides, very pleasant. Live and learn. Me like :thumbup:

Social source share

Guest Spain pete
3 hours ago, Daren Howle said:

Value please on this .Solid VG. I have a chance of buying but don't know what to offer.

N\s bollox. So right for today's punter ,must be worth at least  a grand     nice tune ! 👍🎶🎶

Social source share

17 hours ago, steviehay said:

i picked this up about 8 years ago for a fiver it went to the back of the box. It started to get played covered up which i didnt know about in n.wales and was going for about 150-200 price now unsure about i have heard 500 but dont take my word for it i know someone else is after it too so be quick hope this slightly helps

Thanks Steve,i think about 500-600 sounds about right to me.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

• 3 years later...

came across this thread looking for something else, thought you may like to know a bit more...

Garry Garnette, ‘have you heard the news’,  Capilano Records ‎– CAPS 158, composer Tom Baird.

The Untouchables, Garry Garnette’s 1969 own group of musicians (lead & base guitars, drums, organ & piano) may be the backing on ‘have you heard…’,  45cat has it as 1969. In 1969 Garry was 27yrs old.

Tom Baird drowned in 1976, he was 32 yrs old. There are a couple of Tom Baird composer sides (including ‘have you heard the news’) that reference Joani(e). He was married to Joani.

Originally from Regina, Saskatchewan he (Garry) was a construction worker and one time logging truck driver. He did quite an extensive circuit tour of New Mexico & Texas. Apparently whilst in San Antonio he beat the US 1962 quick draw (think cowboys) champ by 1/100th of a second.

Edited by Kenb
Social source share

• 1 year later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!