'soulsville' Leeds 03/12 Dj Line-up

Guest Jamie

Following on from the great news of 'Soulsville's' latest recruits; Pat Brady & John Parker, we are pleased to announce the line-up for this Fridays 3rd December event.

This is the last event of 2004 for us, so hope you'll join us for a bit of early festive fun, it's gonna be a 'cracker' (I'll get me coat!)

OK, here it is:

8:00 - 9:00 Jamie & Rich: Warming up those Winter Blues

9:00 - 10:00 Brett Franklin: More Soft-Shoe-Shufflers and Mid-Tempo-Magic

10:00 - 11:00 John Parker: Wait until you see his playlist to be posted later!!

11:00 - 12:00 Pat Brady: Let loose with his collection - some surprises!!!!

12:00 - 1:00 Jamie: Mr Postman has been busy this week - a few debuts

1:00 - 2:00 Rich: Quality all the way to finish off - as usual from Rich

As mentioned, I've got a playlist to post up later from John Parker. I'm not exaggerating when I say it'll be some of the finest music ever played at Soulsville.

As always, full details in Events section and hopefully we should have a map address set up for you to download.

Hope you can all make it along, anybody need further info contact:

Jamie Hartford: jamien1@btinternet.com 07739 917972

Rich Buckley: richard.buckley@granadamedia.com 07799 846629

**Stop Press** Guest confirmed for Feb 4th 2005 - Details to follow

Edited by Jamie
  • Replies 60
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Following on from the great news of 'Soulsville's' latest recruits; Pat Brady & John Parker, we are pleased to announce the line-up for this Fridays 3rd December event.

This is the last event of 2004 for us, so hope you'll join us for a bit of early festive fun, it's gonna be a 'cracker' (I'll get me coat!)

OK, here it is:

8:00  - 9:00    Jamie & Rich: Warming up those Winter Blues

9:00  - 10:00  Brett Franklin: More Soft-Shoe-Shufflers and Mid-Tempo-Magic

10:00 - 11:00  John Parker: Wait until you see his playlist to be posted later!!

11:00 - 12:00  Pat Brady: Let loose with his collection - some surprises!!!!

12:00 - 1:00    Jamie: Mr Postman has been busy this week - a few debuts

1:00  - 2:00    Rich: Quality all the way to finish off - as usual from Rich

As mentioned, I've got a playlist to post up later from John Parker. I'm not exaggerating when I say it'll be some of the finest music ever played at Soulsville.

As always, full details in Events section and hopefully we should have a map address set up for you to download.

Hope you can all make it along, anybody need further info contact:

Jamie Hartford: jamien1@btinternet.com 07739 917972

Rich Buckley: richard.buckley@granadamedia.com 07799 946629

**Stop Press** Guest confirmed for Feb 4th 2005 - Details to follow

link

Highly recommended night - I love that little club and the crowd are such a friendly open minded easy going bunch. Sorry to be missing it Jamiecakes :thumbsup:

This fellow Jamie has big plans afoot (wish i could tell) for next year, watch out big promoters the Leeds maniac in partnership with the Welsh chimney sweep are set to push you boys all the way.

Will arrive by old fashioned railway engine approx 19.02,quick heart starter then on and down into the "Baby Jupiter",look forward to seeing my home people Shane,Mark E and Blade as well as all the Leeds outfit and hopefully Mr & Mrs May.

This fellow Jamie has big plans afoot (wish i could tell) for next year, watch out big promoters the Leeds maniac in partnership with the Welsh chimney sweep are set to push you boys all the way.

Will arrive by old fashioned railway engine approx 19.02,quick heart starter then on and down into the "Baby Jupiter",look forward to seeing my home people Shane,Mark E and Blade as well as all the Leeds outfit and hopefully Mr & Mrs May.

link

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::ohmy:

Highly recommended night - I love that little club and the crowd are such a friendly open minded easy going bunch. Sorry to be missing it Jamiecakes   :thumbsup:

link

Thanks for the kind words Ali, but I'm sure we'll be seeing you again sometime in 2005 :thumbsup:

You've a good weekend lined-up too though, haven't you??

JC :thumbsup:

Edited by Jamie

Don't let Brett drink please.......he's still in The Ducie in Manchester from last Saturday........have a good night guys, see you soon.

Mark Bicknell.

link

Mark, idea for Soul Shack....forget the vinyl, lets booze for 2 hours solid (optics/beers (imported and home brewed),turpentine..or a suitable American White Spirit substitute) then ramble on incessantly like we do in the Ducie every month.

Infact lets do a live show direct from the Bridge....... :dance:

Right, here's that list of John's I promised you rascals:

Bill Bush I'm Waiting Ronn

Jokers Soul Sound Sko-Field

Nabay Believe It Or Not Impact

VIP's Strange Little Girl Congress

Diplomats He's Got You Now Arock

Magnetics Three Little Words Audiodisc

Rosebuds Say You'll Be Mine Tower

Star Treks Gonna Need Magic Veep

Otis Lee Hard Row Quaint

Matt Brown Thank You JarVal

Otis Jackson Begging For A Broken Heart Mega

Kenny Smith One More Day Flo-Roe

Frank Foster and The Dudes Michigans Burning CUP

Charles Sheffield It's You CUP

Jimmy Wallace I'll Be Back Alpha

Johnnie Mae Matthews I Have No Choice Big Hit

Soundmasters Lonely Lonely Julet

Steady list, not gonna pull up any trees is it??? :thumbsup:

Don't let Brett drink please.......he's still in The Ducie in Manchester from last Saturday........have a good night guys, see you soon.

Mark Bicknell.

link

Cheers Mark, was great to see you on saturday - we all had a top laugh in the Ducie - have you seen John May's photos - hysterical! You were a bit evil though making me dance in the final hour by playing top sounds... :thumbsup:

See you soon..

R

Not spoken to Pat for a few days now, will he still want to borrow my copy of ootf?

Think that John bloke played at TOS a while ago, I may be wrong though? if its him he was indeed BRILLIANT

Not spoken to Pat for a few days now, will he still want to borrow my copy of ootf?

Think that John bloke played at TOS  a while ago, I may be wrong though? if its him he was indeed BRILLIANT

link

Nini, I think he telephoned Dave and used his 'Invisible Mending' techniques on Craigs broken copy.

Although we do have to add a bag of sand to the armature, and a series of pulleys and hooks to keep it on the deck, fine for DJing though........ :thumbsup:

Rich, Good to see you too buddy, me top sounds you got the right bloke?

talk soon Rich, have a good one saturday.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

link

He can have a night off on Saturday, our night is on FRIDAY

Get some sleep you nutcase!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

See you soon mate,

Jamie :thumbsup:

Did I forget to mention we'll be there Friday, that's the Baby Jupiter ..Leeds.

Yes that's correct the BABY JUPITER ...LEEDS............ ok one more time.

THE BABY JUPITER......LEEDS

link

I actually thought it was Shute with the blatant plugging, shame on you John May.

(First one free John, anything off the top shelf :lol: )

And John, as regards your new Avatar - is it Brett or Chris Waterman????????!!!  :lol:

link

Now then Rich, you leave our Brett alone or the full force of the Brett Franklin stalking team will be upon you :unsure:

Guest Johnny One Trout

Ummm, the full force of the Brett Franklin stalking team on me - ummmm  :unsure: ha ha!

link

Now lesbie honest Rich it won't be the first time you have come across yes.gif:lol: the Brett Franklin Stalkers club now is it in fact i do believe there is video evidence of the last run in you had :lol:

Seem to remember a certain young Yorkshire lad walking away from that one bagless and i'm not talking addidas with patches!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest lagerlout

I actually thought it was Shute with the blatant plugging, shame on you John May.

(First one free John, anything off the top shelf  :lol: )

link

hi all well im back from my jaunt in africa,so will be glad to see you all down at the jupiter with tales of my adventures....pete ( lagerlout )

Now lesbie honest Rich it won't be the first time you have come across  :unsure:   :lol:   the Brett Franklin Stalkers club now is it in fact i do believe there is video evidence of the last run in you had  :lol:

Seem to remember a certain young Yorkshire lad walking away from that one bagless and i'm not talking addidas with patches!!!!!!!!!!!!

link

"Young Yorkshire Lad" - must have been Jamie that, as I'm 100% welsh yes.gif !!!

"Young Yorkshire Lad" - must have been Jamie that, as I'm 100% welsh  :unsure: !!!

link

Whoooaaaa Fella!!!

My kegs stayed on, zipped and the lot.

It was ewe that started doing a strip for Stalk Team Franklin, boyo.

And here's the proof:

:lol:

I need say no more.......

Rich, What was tip you gave last week about sheep on a cliff top. 

Was funny if I remember  :unsure:

link

John, as a veteran of sheep activity :lol: a tip straight from my homeland - if you put said sheep on the edge of a very high cliff as you make love (!!!) to them, they push a lot harder :lol: !!

And you're right, us welsh are sheep sha*gers, but as I always tell my english brethren - we sh*g 'em, you eat 'em!!! Welsh lamb - nice!!!!

Shameless promotion time, with a bit of controversy, thank f*** there is no politics at Soulsville, lets be honest all the big in fighting promoters with their "Can't play here, can't f*** there" gets very tedious......so hats off to the Leeds boys and their father figure Pat Brady.........it will be an enjoyable evening with a reasonable amount of soft drinks consumed and a few glasses of semi-alcohol beers . I'm on at nine bells....i'm the little guy carrying the torch for all thoses collectors who never get the chance to play, no major "Big Money" sounds....but with an ear for brilliant soul music, so please feel free to join Leeds finest soul night. :thumbsup:

Shameless promotion time, with a bit of controversy, thank f*** there is no politics at Soulsville, lets be honest all the big in fighting promoters with their "Can't play here, can't f*** there" gets very tedious......so hats off to the Leeds boys  and their father figure Pat Brady.........it will be an enjoyable evening with a reasonable amount of soft drinks consumed and a few glasses of semi-alcohol beers . I'm on at nine bells....i'm the little guy carrying the torch for all thoses collectors who never get the chance to play, no major "Big Money" sounds....but with an ear for brilliant soul music, so please feel free to join Leeds finest soul night. :lol:

link

Nice one Brett, I'm going to get there early, cause I've heard it's gonna be a packer. Thanks Rich for the sheep tip...........I remember now :lol::thumbsup::lol:

Jamie & Rich

good luck with your do, have a good one, nice to meet you both at Wilton.

Cheers

Jock

link

Hi Jock, :thumbup:

Good to meet you at the Wilton, hopefully you can make it down next year & we'll have a beer. Give me a shout next time you're down our neck of the woods.

All the best,

Jamie :thumbsup:

Nice one Brett, I'm going to get there early, cause I've heard it's gonna be a packer.  Thanks Rich for the sheep tip...........I remember now  :D   :thumbup:   beer.gif

link

Don't forget that wonderful camera of yours John - after them brilliant photos from the Ducie/NCSC, will be a delight to see yet more drunken antics of the best darts team in the world... :thumbsup: !!

See you all there tonight....

Rich

Don't forget that wonderful camera of yours John - after them brilliant photos from the Ducie/NCSC, will be a delight to see yet more drunken antics of the best darts team in the world... :thumbsup: !!

See you all there tonight....

Rich

link

Not seen any of these pictures yet.... any clues as to where they are stored?

WOOF!