Harry Deal & Galaxies You're Always In My Mind Eclipse

Bobby Sheen I May Not Be What You Want WB

Margie Joseph One More Chance Volt

Odds & Ends Let Me Try Today

Ila Vann You Made Me This Way PIP

21st Century Shadows Of A Memory Dot

LaVerne Baker I'm The One To Do It Brunswick

Virgil Henry You Ain't Saying Nothing New Tamla

Thanks to everyone who made it. It's a great little place for a good drink, great company and good laughs and simply great music.

Pat & John played some top drawer stuff, and Mr Franklin played some superb up-tempo stuff. Playlist good Sir!!

I'll post up my 12:00 set when I can remember it - far too much drink by then!!! :thumbsup:

Jamie

Edited by Jamie
  • Replies 60
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just about got the 12:00 set. Box is in a right mess, it took a dive off the table last night, not the happiest guy in the world I can tell you...... anyhoo..

12:00 - 1:00

Eddie Foster I Never Knew IN

Duke Browner Crying Over You Impact

Luther Ingram If It's All The Same To You Babe HIB

Natural Four I Thought That You Were Mine ABC

Eddie Bishop Call Me ABC

Porgy & Monarchs That Girl Musicor

Esther Phillips Just Say Goodbye Atlantic

Voicemasters You've Hurt Me Baby Bamboo

Frederick Hymes III Time Ain't Gonna Do Me No Favor Fab Vegas

Tony Drake Suddenly Brunswick

Soul Bros Inc. Pyramid Golden Eye

Madeline & Monticellos Binding Ring Of Gold De Vel

Black Stash Mighty Loveman Seville

Sharon Jones & Dap-Tones How Long Do I Have To Wait For You Daptone

Pages Heartaches & Pain Sunstruck

Pioneers My Good Friend James Mercury

Trumains Ripe For The Picking RCA

Mark IV Signs Of A Dying Love OTB

Philip James Keep On Loving Longwood

Bobby Reed Time Is Right For Love Bell

Order is something like, but you get the jist.

Jamie

Edited by Jamie

Had an excellent evening at this tight atmospheric club (something mystical about entering a club that is below street level) Jamie H and Rich Buckley are seriously fun guys and i for one love being in the company of these two crazed madmen. Another plus factor on the night was having the Sheffield/Derby connection grace the "Baby Jupiter", think that an evening without the presence of Shane H is always a lesser event (this kid has the ability to make me belly laugh until it hurts :thumbsup: ).Mentions to Mark E ,Mark E's wife,Errol, Blade for Life (Steve driver) and much thanks for him putting up with my never ending questions on the trip home (While the others snoozed) Steve knows his onions and i can't miss a chance like that. John and Di May are fast becoming my main people, great couple with brilliant taste in this thing of ours.Hey i got a free bar tab, so everything was up from 7pm, musically a true "across the board" policy kept me dancing all the way (even though i have knackered my ankle at work.......aah the power of Russian imported beer). Don't know if i have the mental energy to type my playlist out fully, but a few i remember were The Soul Survivors-Mama Soul (Atco),The Revealers - They Had A Party At The Watergate (Paramount demo) and Darrow Fletcher on Jacklyn. Good meeting all the other Leeds folks like Mark and Pete Smith (nice suntan!), plus that maniac Sam and Tree.

Thats me done for a while now...family to give some time to..see you people in the future,

Brett :thumbsup:

As Jamie's already said, big big thanks to everyone for coming - I for one thought the atmosphere was spot on and there was a "buzz" about the place and the music was top draw - thanks again to Brett and to our new fellow residents, Pat Brady and John Parker, all of whom maintained a high quality of real soul throughout the night - cheers guys :thumbsup:

Memory a little hazy as to my playlist (!!), but not in any order I think over the 2 spots it was more or less:

Sandra Phillips - I Wish I Had Known - OKEH

Willie Kendrick - What's That On Your Finger - RCA

Monique - If You Love Me - MAURCI

Elbie Parker - Please Keep Away From Me - VEEP (for Errol)

Claude Huey - Why Would You Blow It - GALAXY (for Mark E & Karen on her birthday - Happy Birthday again!!)

Constellations - I Didn't Know How To - GEMINI STAR

Kenny Shepard - What Difference Does It Make - MAXX

Cajun Hart - Got To Find A Way - WB

George Smith - I've Had It - TURNTABLE

Ray Pollard - It's A Sad Thing - UA

Wade Flemons - That Other Place - VJ

Darrel Banks - I'm The One Who Loves You - VOLT

Marjorie Black - One More Hurt - SUE

Jimmy "Soul" Clark - I'll Be Your Champion - SOULHAWK

Terry Callier - Look At Me Now - CADET

Garland Green - Girl I Love You - REVUE

Rose Batiste - Hit & Run - REVILOT

Bobby Hutton - Come See - PHILLIPS

Bud Harper - Wherever You Were - PEACOCK

Big Daddy Rogers - I'm A Big Man - MIDAS

Fiestas - Think Smart - OLD TOWN

Jimmy Ruffin - Don't Feel Sorry For Me - MIRACLE

Charades - Key To My Happiness - MGM

Big Don's Rebellion - It Was True - ETHON

Malcolm Hayes - I Gotta Be With You - FILMWAYS

Rhonda Davis - Can You Remember - DUKE

George Tinley - Aint Gonna Worry About You - DOO WOP

Denise Lasalle - Love Reputation - CHESS

George Hughley - That's Why I Cry - BUDDAH

Falcons - Good Feeling - BIG WHEEL

Joe Bataan - Gypsy Woman - FANIA (for my old muckerLee Miller!)

Just a reminder to everyone that the next Soulsville is the first Friday in FEBRUARY - there isn't a night in January. Hopefully see you all there and if you've enjoyed yourselves, please spread the word :thumbsup:

Rich

Guest lagerlout

as ever at the jupe great sounds and great crowd. good to meet up with mr&mrs may for the first time and brett was on top form once again.the ever present rich and jamie where also on good form with top draw music and pat and john well what can you say there rep goes before them..... lagerlouts fav night this month

as ever at the jupe great sounds and great crowd. good to meet up with mr&mrs may for the first time and brett was on top form once again.the ever present rich and jamie where also on good form with top draw music and pat and john well what can you say there rep goes before them..... lagerlouts fav night this month

link

A pleasure to meet you too, mr.Lagerlout, thinks you are on some of the pic's I loaded up. check out my gallery photo's.

John

OK, playlist time.

8:00 - 8:30

Gwen McCrae Lead Me On Columbia

Dells Make Sure Cadet

Royal Esquires Our Love Use To Be Prix

Esther Phillips Nobody But You Roulette

Harry Deal & Galaxies You're Always In My Mind Eclipse

Bobby Sheen I May Not Be What You Want WB

Margie Joseph One More Chance Volt

Odds & Ends Let Me Try Today

Ila Vann You Made Me This Way PIP

21st Century Shadows Of A Memory Dot

LaVerne Baker I'm The One To Do It Brunswick

Virgil Henry You Ain't Saying Nothing New Tamla

Thanks to everyone who made it. It's a great little place for a good drink, great company and good laughs and simply great music.

Pat & John played some top drawer stuff, and Mr Franklin played some superb up-tempo stuff. Playlist good Sir!!

I'll post up my 12:00 set when I can remember it - far too much drink by then!!! :thumbsup:

Jamie

link

Awesome night Jamie. Many thanks to Rich and yourself, and all the Leeds crowd for the warm welcome for us poor dee dahs, (not forgetting John and Mrs May). Fabulous spots from ALL the DJ's and a really soulful evening (Despite 'Call Me' ). Next time I will be getting drunk with the rest of you ! :thumbsup:

link

Nice to meet you Peter ! They didn't even play a 'Sparks' record after you'd gone :thumbsup:

Awesome night Jamie. Many thanks to Rich and yourself, and all the Leeds crowd for the warm welcome for us poor dee dahs, (not forgetting John and Mrs May). Fabulous spots from ALL the DJ's and a really soulful evening (Despite 'Call Me' ). Next time I will be getting drunk with the rest of you ! :thumbsup:

link

Thanks for your kind words, and thank you for making the effort. Was appreciated. I'd love to come and see you play on Friday, but parental commitments will probably stop me.

Not a lover of Eddie Bishop?? Ah well, I'll leave it in the box next time you come :thumbsup:

Say a big thanks to Errol for me, I know he doesn't come on the site, so if you could pass that on. He also asked for a tape of the 70's stuff we played. If you get us his addy etc. we'll sort him one out.

Cheers mate,

Jamie :thumbsup:

Thanks for your kind words, and thank you for making the effort. Was appreciated. I'd love to come and see you play on Friday, but parental commitments will probably stop me.

Not a lover of Eddie Bishop?? Ah well, I'll leave it in the box next time you come  :thumbsup:

Say a big thanks to Errol for me, I know he doesn't come on the site, so if you could pass that on. He also asked for a tape of the 70's stuff we played. If you get us his addy etc. we'll sort him one out.

Cheers mate,

Jamie  :thumbsup:

link

Will do !