The Metros-Since I found my baby-Australian RCA

IMG_0397.thumb.JPG.8eb36204fa2c016c57f7691415b2c793.JPGHi.

I'm just wondering about the metros, I have one on the Australian RCA. It doesn't say on the label about being a demo/the label hasn't got Promo not for sale like the pictures on the web. So I presume it's an issue. 

But when trying to find info about the record on the label, there all demos on the web.

Just wondering if anyone has more info about this 45.

Many Thanks,

Ben.

Edited by soulboyben
Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, soulboyben said:

Yeah it's very interesting. I've never seen it before on an issue.

I would say though, the stamping or Bullet stickers on Aussie 45's Ive always found to be very random, in that they just produce the end product, a number or run of the issue, and stick the bullet sticker on, or stamp it to make it a demo, it maybe that this track never got beyond a demo run, and this particular 45 just didn't receive a stamp?

just a guess...

Social source share

Mal, are you referring to the Metros? Because from what I can see in the scan, the "not for sale" part was printed on the label before it was glued on the record.

To me it looks like they printed a number of labels and then printed the demo parts on them afterwards. That's why they are not in line.

Just a thought...

Social source share

that's looks right Benji... I'll ask a few folk I know if any issues have ever appeared... in  regard to the LP, again never seen one, or heard of it, I'll ask about that as well...

on the subject of Aussie, im gonna be over at Pete Smiths this weekend, to buy some boxes from him, but also taking a 400 box of Aussie,  gonna do a pod cast or live stream what ever pete wants to do, but a serious amount of Aussie soul vinyl and rarities coming your way I hope... :-)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!