tomangoes

TV ADS and catchy tunes

had the below passed on - a current barclaycard advert

just moved this topic to freebasing as best fit forum for more general msm topics

19 hours ago, tomangoes said:

See DILYIID for eggs

Love this for the pug

What your current fave!

Ed

They played this tune at the recent Tenby street food market at the Danish bar. It made my ears prick up. Fantastic time

Steve 

14 hours ago, mike said:

had the below passed on - a current barclaycard advert

just moved this topic to freebasing as best fit forum for more general msm topics

Will look for it someone at work will take the pea. Say come and try it!  

I remember it so well seven years ago being so disappointed in KFC that I didn't get a copy of the Laura Greene single in my Bargain Bucket.... :pirate: :wicked: :rofl: 

Posted (edited)
On 17/07/2017 at 18:02, FRANKIE CROCKER said:

Just heard Johnny Jones and the King Casuals 'Purple Haze' to advertise something on BBC1 but can't be bothered to pay any attention to adverts... Enjoyed the soundbite immensely though and that did grab my attention. 

BBC seem to be using Purple Haze on their ads for cooking shows. Just heard it for The Sweet Makers on BBC2 and a couple of days ago for Nadiya's Food Adventure.

Don't know what its got to do with food though.

Quite liked one of the B&Q ads that used Sliced Tomatoes as they timed the action on screen to the breaks in the record.

NS on TV is getting overdone now which is probably why no one bothers to comment anymore.

Rick

Edited by Rick Cooper

On 17/07/2017 at 18:02, FRANKIE CROCKER said:

Just heard Johnny Jones and the King Casuals 'Purple Haze' to advertise something on BBC1 but can't be bothered to pay any attention to adverts... Enjoyed the soundbite immensely though and that did grab my attention. 

Same tune played between programmes tonight at nine on BBC 

2 hours ago, Ian Hockings said:

Same tune played between programmes tonight at nine on BBC 

Yep, it's been on several times in the last few days. There's a Northern Soul mole at the Beeb who ensures a steady stream of Top 500 soundbites plus snatches of obscure instrumentals from time to time. No idea who it is, but nice work if you can get it.

There's a fair bit over the last couple of years, featuring on the one show, from the film, which has been on late at night a low in the last two years. Koko 

My local club numbers are up with a few younger showing,  I love to go once a month,  dance myself socks of. 

Join or log in now!

Comments are members only

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Related Soul Music Links