RICK SCOTT

Big In My Front Room

Currently getting big rotations from me and very nice it is too.

From the Album 'Goodnight Rhonda Lee' on Single Lock Records By Nicole Atkins

this is 'Sleepwalking'

Please leave your comments, Loving  this So Much  :yes:

Edited by RICK SCOTT
extra info

Well here is another one from me hope you like it, i love it and i hope you do too :yes:  Here we have some wonderful jazziness with a beat in the form of "The James L'estrange Orchestra" a Track called "Closer" A bit left field for some maybe, but hey, sleepwalking got 348 views up to now and only One comment, This 12" is very Ltd (only 200 copies) so if you do like it don't sleep on it :rofl: It has a long intro but stay with it to the end if you can, Video pretty cool as well BTW the Jazzy B side is a bit good too (marmite to some) Just a lovely track to listen to as very well crafted or one maybe for the Jazz Dancers :excl:

Edited by RICK SCOTT

On 21 July 2017 at 15:23, RICK SCOTT said:

Currently getting big rotations from me and very nice it is too.

From the Album 'Goodnight Rhonda Lee' on Single Lock Records By Nicole Atkins

this is 'Sleepwalking'

Please leave your comments, Loving  this So Much  :yes:

The intro reminds me of gangster boy by wanda macdaniels

3 hours ago, garswood said:

The intro reminds me of gangster boy by wanda macdaniels

Well Spotted jamesh, not noticed that before but yea, Spot On..........

Well here is one from the wonderful Elkie Brooks who has had many a record played on the Northern/Popcorn Scene but here we find her in a Philly Mood and very nice too, was a Radio 2 Record of the week but for those of you who have not caught it here it is, Enjoy, Rick.... :yes:

Right, Not a new record but will be new to most, sneaked out without a murmur back in 2001 and would seem long gone and forgotten. Pulled out with a few bits and bobs off my shelf and thought yea, you know this is ripe for a few re-spins and thought i should share, a lovely piece of Soulful House, and the nice thing is there are copies out there as cheap as chips as most not aware of it, so treat yourself this weekend give it some rotations and enjoy, there will be some won't like it, that's fine but there may be some will say" jeez" how did this pass me by....... Nice..... :yes: I hope so.

Rick

This is a track from an album i bought back in 2012 and i keep going back to it, one of those tracks you find milling around in your brain when you least expect it so as you can imagine is 'Big In My Front Room' again. Did post this elsewhere some time ago but too good not to share for those who missed it. as usual please enjoy, Rick.  

Edited by RICK SCOTT
more info

On 23/08/2017 at 13:08, autumnstoned said:

This aint bad from earlier this year.

Oh,that's a dope track ! Cant believe I've missed this one,thanks for posting autumnstoned . :hatsoff2:

1 hour ago, RICK SCOTT said:

This is a track i bought back in 2012 and i keep going back to it, one of those tracks you find milling around in your brain when you least expect it so as you can imagine is 'Big In My Front Room' again. Did post this elsewhere some time ago but too good not to share for those who missed it. as usual please enjoy, Rick.  

His first  lp is great In my opinion .Some very nice tracks on there and well worth checking.

6 hours ago, Soulsides said:

Oh,that's a dope track ! Cant believe I've missed this one,thanks for posting autumnstoned . :hatsoff2:

His first  lp is great In my opinion .Some very nice tracks on there and well worth checking.

This is pretty decent by him too if you haven't heard it:-   

17 hours ago, autumnstoned said:

This is pretty decent by him too if you haven't heard it:-   

That's a good one ! .love the sampled reggae vocals on there,it sounds like Papa Stonelove's singing but I don't think its actually him.

Edit-I've just noticed that it says featuring Horace Andy at the top of the video,lol. 

I make music literally every day in a similar vein to this that uses all sampled elements , so this kind of stuff is definitely right up my street.Thanks again autumnstoned !..:)

Edited by Soulsides

Must admit I don't listen to much contemporary stuff but i do really like the Gregory Porter album Liquid Spirit and the track 'Hey Laura' in particular.

And I  have also been listening to Aretha's version of 'You send me' which is brilliant as well.

Adam

This is a great thread Rick, thanks for starting it. :thumbsup:

As you've been moved from a soul forum to freebasing, I can't resist posting this.  More than a few years old now, but currently big in my front room (please don't send me death threats for putting up a hip hop track, it's the way the samples are worked I love):

6 hours ago, woolie mark said:

This is a great thread Rick, thanks for starting it. :thumbsup:

As you've been moved from a soul forum to freebasing, I can't resist posting this.  More than a few years old now, but currently big in my front room (please don't send me death threats for putting up a hip hop track, it's the way the samples are worked I love):

Thanks Woolie Mark,

The idea of the thred was as it says on the tin and with no restrictions,You have to admire the creativity of a lot of the Hip Hop Guys as in the track you posted,I have bought a few albums myself but mainly for what fits the Bill for the sort of stuff i want to play out or listen to "In My Front Room" Pleased you are enjoying the thread and hope a few more come on board, would like people to comment too as that makes it all the more interesting no matter what they think of the tracks, good fun no matter what your thoughts are, Rick  

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Related Soul Music Links