Dean Anderson's Sound of Soul, Thursday 8pm.

Chalky

another great show this week with Martin Gavin and Lenny Harkins crossing the border to join Dean in the studio for three hours of quality music and banter.  There is an exclusive interview with Rudy Love as well.....

Edited by chalky
Social source share

4 hours ago, chalky said:

another great show this week with Martin Gavin and Lenny Harkins crossing the border to join Dean in the studio for three hours of quality music and banter.  There is an exclusive interview with Rudy Love as well.....

Don’t know how many radio shows are out there, but this takes some beating. Essential listening.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, bonhsoulie said:

Is this the same Stuart Cosgrove who wrote the soul books? 

Yes

25 minutes ago, bonhsoulie said:

Can I suggest to admin team that I can only hear in mobile (iPhone X) in single window-I don’t know if there’s an alternative cheers!

what do you mean only hear in a single window, do you mean soul source?  You will have ave to right click and open frame/link in a new window.

Edited by chalky
Social source share

6 minutes ago, bonhsoulie said:

Hi Chalky Ignore me I’ve found the keys am enjoying the show/the only thing is if I move to another page on Soulsource I lose the show see what I mean? 

yes but if you right click and open link in new page you can enjoy should source and the music....or open the mixcloud page separately...

https://www.mixcloud.com/TNT_Soul_Show/

Social source share

Joining Dean and Gez in the studio for a three hour show and the last show of 2018 is Me :) I feature a selection or recent releases on the many independent labels issuing and reissuing quality 60s, 70s and 80s soul.  Two or three in there from the last few years too.

• Up vote 3
Social source share

17 minutes ago, chalky said:

Joining Dean and Gez in the studio for a three hour show and the last show of 2018 is Me :) I feature a selection or recent releases on the many independent labels issuing and reissuing quality 60s, 70s and 80s soul.  Two or three in there from the last few years too.

Great show mate,got Bill Brown What a record!! and ordered the Stylist from Rob Moss.As you say the sounds are out there but an element of snobbery is stopping them getting the spins they deserve!!

• Up vote 1
Social source share

4 minutes ago, micksmix said:

Great show mate,got Bill Brown What a record!! and ordered the Stylist from Rob Moss.As you say the sounds are out there but an element of snobbery is stopping them getting the spins they deserve!!

There is some great records that deserve all-nighter spins but for some reason they are ignored.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎29‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 12:26, micksmix said:

I totally agree, listened to it on my way to work this morning and the soul content was superb, we must support these new releases as its great music.

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dean Anderson and Gez are joined for the Sound of Soul Radio Show on the 21st February 2019 by Coventry's Tim Fletcher. Coming from Coventry Tim has been around the Soul and Mod scene for more years than he would like to admit. An avid collector of black music Tim's tastes span across several genres including the ska, early reggae and rocksteady music of the original Mods and Rude boys of the days.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

***The Sound of Soul - 28 February 2019 *** 

Tonight on the Sound of Soul we welcome the formidable Lynne Girdwood and Dave Girdwood. Coming from Bathgate in Scotland this young enthusiastic duo also known as Girdwood Inc are set to light up the night with a blend of quality soul music from across the genres. You will totally understand why these 2 are so 'in demand' on the soul; scene as a whole.

Edited by Ahoy Sailor
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Slowly making my way through the ones on mixcloud when traveling to work, yesterday was the one with Stuart Cosgrove and I must say it was fab, keep them coming Dean.

Now an avid listener on Thursday evening along with my companion, Merlot. 

Phi. 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

With Dean Anderson lost in Paris somewhere, Doug Hall takes the chair to host the Sound Of Soul ™ . Joining Doug and Gez is David Raistrick to spread some more Crown Jewels to the every appreciative audience.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Guest Shufflin
On 09/03/2019 at 16:41, chalky said:

With Dean Anderson lost in Paris somewhere, Doug Hall takes the chair to host the Sound Of Soul ™ . Joining Doug and Gez is David Raistrick to spread some more Crown Jewels to the every appreciative audience.

that one was really good enjoyed it a lot

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/03/2018 at 09:54, chalky said:

Richard Searling was the special guest on Dean's show this week.  Catch up on mixcloud or just listen again.....

My memory is not what it used to be, what is the first track ??

Thanks 

Phil

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dean Anderson and Gez are joined on The Sound Of Soul ™ by the Big Daddy of Big Man Records and the UK branch of Secret Stash Records Mark Bicknell for two hours of chat and music including gems from the vaults of brothers George and Ernie Leaner and their labels One-derful, Midas, M-Pac Toddlin Town, Mar-V-Lus & Halo. Not to be missed!

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dean Anderson's Sound Of Soul Radio Show goes global! After starring at The Blackpool Soul Festival Randy Brown with his brother Bertram join Dean for the first hour of the show giving us some fascinating insights into his life and career. Then all the way from Down Under is Frank Driscoll for two hours of some great quality soul spanning the genres. The small studio was bursting with Andy Tats Taylor, Arthur Fenn and Maria Orlovic crammed in somehow. A show not to be missed.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!