Dean Anderson's Sound of Soul, Thursday 8pm.

Chalky

Joining Dean Anderson and Gez on the Sound Of Soul ™ is the dynamic duo from Diggin' Deep Records Sean Hampsey and his very good long time mate Kev Briscoe.  Both have a wealth of knowledge all things SOUL and bring you two hours of pure quality.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

On 28/06/2019 at 20:07, Chalky said:

Joining Dean Anderson and Gez on the Sound Of Soul ™ is the dynamic duo from Diggin' Deep Records Sean Hampsey and his very good long time mate Kev Briscoe.  Both have a wealth of knowledge all things SOUL and bring you two hours of pure quality.

Thanks Chalky.

While ya'll were sunbathing / sat outside the pub, I had my secretary type up the playlist x

Bobby Womack – I Don’t Wanna Be Hurt By Your Love Again
OV Wright - Nickel And A Nail
Sir Ted Ford - Right Now
Claude And The Brotherhood - What You Gonna Do Now
Al Perkins - Yes My Goodness Yes
Melvin Hicks And The Versatile - I’m Just Passing Time
Sam Dees - What’s It Gonna Be
Willie Hutch - Walking On My Love
Lawrence and Jaibi - You Make Me Feel Good
Lollipops - Cheating Is Telling On You
Bobby Womack - Runaway
Deon Jackson - When Your Love Is Gone
The Mighty Whites - Living My Life For You
Coke Escovado - I Wouldn’t Change A Thing
H Ellis - Won’t You Come Back To Me Baby
Lorraine Johnson - If You Want Me To Be More Of A Woman
Autographs - Loves Going To Do You In
Five Stairs Steps -I’m The One Who Loves You
John Edwards - Spread The News
Radiations - That’s The Way
Enchanted Five - Darling I Need You Now
Frank Turner – All For My Kids
Patti Drew - Falling In And Out Of Love
JP Robinson - Keep Me Satisfied
Jeanette Williams - Friend Of Mine
Jaibi - It Was Like A Nightmare
Soul Stirrers - I’m Trying To Be Your Friend
Otis Clay - Holding Onto A Dying Love
Tommy Turner - I’ll Be Gone
Art Jerry Miller - Got To Get Home

• Up vote 3
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gilly & Nicola make a welcome return to the studios of Radio Newark to join Dean Anderson on the Sound of Soul for (nearly) two hours of rare soul and banter.

Listen live Thursday's at 8pm - locally on 107.8FM, on DAB, or on the Radio Newark website https://www.radionewark.co.uk/radioplayer/ 
https://www.radionewark.co.uk/mobile-app/
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.radionewark&hl=en_GB
Also available using the TuneIn app on your mobile or the TuneIn website https://tunein.com/radio/Radio-Newark-s193516/ 
Radio Newark DAB Radio Player

• Up vote 2
  • Listening now 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dean Anderson's Sound of Soul is graced with two legends of the scene who have a bout 150 years experience between them :)  Both can talk the hind legs off a donkey but there is room for some music.  Stuart Cosgrove, vast amount of experience and knowledge and as well as being a successful broadcaster he is now a critically acclaimed writer with his books on Black Music a must read for everyone with an interest in Soul Music.  Guy Hennigan, legendary Dj from the 70s and of course the Stafford All-nighters, the king of the cover up and one who has discovered as many records as anyone.  Enjoy an informative enjoyable three hours of music, chat and banter.

Edited by Chalky
  • Up vote 1
  • Listening now 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Dean Anderson is joined on The Sound Of Soul ™ by one of the legends of the scene Ginger Taylor. There isn't much he hasn't done on this scene and there aren't many places he hasn't Dj'ed. As always Ginger is great fun with two hours of some great stories and super soul music.

• Up vote 2
  • Listening now 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

On tonight‘s sound of soul with Dean Anderson and Alan Kitchener a tribute to the late John Anderson who passed away just over A week ago. 

**** Sound of Soul - 10 October 2019 ****

📻🎶 **** Radio Newark from *** 8 pm till 10 pm**** 🎶📻

The Sound of Soul, the home of 'My Life in 10 Records' will tonight bring you our tribute to a true icon of the Northern and Rare Soul scene, and the wider Soul music scene John Anderson. The owner of Soul Bowl records, Northern Soul labels Grapevine (UK), Soul Junction not to forget Expansion records. John was involved in too many projects to name. All I need say the absolute fact is: none of us would be doing what we are doing right now, this interaction without this man. RIP(Sir) John 🙏🏿xx.

Thank you to Alan Kitchener, Dave Welding and Karl White plus numerous contributors who have assembled some fabulous factual information for the show!

Join us tonight for another 2 hours of quality music and conversation.

Listen live - locally on 107.8FM, or on the Radio Newark website

https://www.radionewark.co.uk

https://www.radionewark.co.uk/radioplayer/

https://tunein.com/radio/Radio-Newark-s193516/

Edited by Chalky
Social source share

**** Sound of Soul - 10 October 2019 ****
📻🎶 **** Radio Newark from *** 8 pm till 10 pm**** 🎶📻
The Sound of Soul will tonight bring you our tribute to a true icon of the Northern and Rare Soul scene, and the wider Soul music scene John Anderson. The owner of Soul Bowl records, Northern Soul labels Grapevine (UK), Soul Junction not to forget Expansion records. John was involved in too many projects to name. All I need say the absolute fact is: none of us would be doing what we are doing right now, this interaction without this man. RIP(Sir) John 🙏🏿xx. 
Thank you to Alan Kitchener, Dave Welding and Karl White plus numerous contributors who have assembled some fabulous factual information for the show!

You must listen to the show if only to hear Val Shively's emotional tribute he recorded for his friend of almost 50 years.

Edited by Chalky
  • Up vote 2
  • Listening now 1
Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm guesting on Dean's show tonight.  If you have nowt better to do hopefully you can tune in.  Will be spinning few releases from this year as well as some other great soul music.

Listen live - locally on 107.8FM, on DAB, or on the Radio Newark website https://www.radionewark.co.uk/radioplayer/choose-your-player/
Also available using the TuneIn app on your mobile or the TuneIn website https://tunein.com/radio/Radio-Newark-s193516/

www.radionewark.co.uk

Edited by Chalky
Social source share

46 minutes ago, Amsterdam Russ said:

Can I politely ask, in what way is "Dean Anderson's Sound of Soul" trademarked? Is it the "Sound of Soul" part, the whole phrase, or is using the trademark symbol just a novelty/gimmick?

Thanks in advance...

The name is trademarked, Sound Of Soul

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A quick note of thanks Chalky .These mixcloud shares have been wonderful for me travelling all the time and it is a fantastic  resource for all of us where soul music has and will even more play a big part in our lives .

I dont buy records,i never have  but attend venues up and down the country like many others on here and your work and Dean,s work putting it all together is really appreciated   Thanks pal 

Martin L 

• Up vote 1
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

spot on pal the all nighter they have in Bolton is great       dean andersons sound of soul is groundbreaking    we might like the funkier side but its a bit like a really good nighter   only the best of everything    xover ultra rare        he did a session with Phil shields playing acetates which Chalky posted above   so good    not able to hear these anywhere 

Martin L 

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Soulfusion said:

@Chalky Has Dean's show been "suspended" during this lockdown? Assume it is difficult getting guests to do the show under existing limitations. 

It hasn’t no.  I will post the links later today when I upload this weeks show.  No live guests I’m afraid, listeners “My Life In Ten Records” 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Here is this weeks show, should be all caught up now.  Three regular listeners Penni Raith, Rowena Morgan and last but not least Diana Taylor give Dean their "Life In Ten Records".

If anyone wishes to join in with their Life In Ten then below are the questions, just PM me you answers and I will forward them to Dean.

MY LIFE IN TEN

1. First Soul Song You Ever Heard.

2. First Rare Northern Soul Song You Remember?

3. First big all-nighter sound?

4. Record you associate with a specific venue?

5. Song you associate with someone special?

6. Song you hate?

7. The one you could never afford?

8. It’s naff but you like it?

9. Song you can’t believe is not bigger?

10. Song for your funeral?

• Listening now 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Dean Anderson's lockdown blues remedy, My Life In 10.  Mark Wilson & Tim Ashibende give us very insightful views into their life with 10 great musical choices each.

Edited by Chalky
  • Up vote 1
  • Listening now 1
Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

A few shows to catch up on and there is a great selection of music from all who have shared their 10.

Nige Taylor, The legendary Keb Darge and Martin Meyler

Nige Lowe & Sue Molyneux and Kev Roberts

Matt Sneath, Jim O'Hara & Jock O'Connor.

• Listening now 1
Social source share

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!