Chalky profile photo

Dean Anderson's Sound of Soul, Thursday 8pm.

Posted

Dean's interview with Randy and Bertram Brown.

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Joining Dean Anderson and Gez on the Sound Of Soul ™ is the dynamic duo from Diggin' Deep Records Sean Hampsey and his very good long time mate Kev Briscoe.  Both have a wealth of knowledge all things SOUL and bring you two hours of pure quality.

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
On 28/06/2019 at 20:07, Chalky said:

Joining Dean Anderson and Gez on the Sound Of Soul ™ is the dynamic duo from Diggin' Deep Records Sean Hampsey and his very good long time mate Kev Briscoe.  Both have a wealth of knowledge all things SOUL and bring you two hours of pure quality.

Thanks Chalky.

While ya'll were sunbathing / sat outside the pub, I had my secretary type up the playlist x

Bobby Womack – I Don’t Wanna Be Hurt By Your Love Again
OV Wright - Nickel And A Nail
Sir Ted Ford - Right Now
Claude And The Brotherhood - What You Gonna Do Now
Al Perkins - Yes My Goodness Yes
Melvin Hicks And The Versatile - I’m Just Passing Time
Sam Dees - What’s It Gonna Be
Willie Hutch - Walking On My Love
Lawrence and Jaibi - You Make Me Feel Good
Lollipops - Cheating Is Telling On You
Bobby Womack - Runaway
Deon Jackson - When Your Love Is Gone
The Mighty Whites - Living My Life For You
Coke Escovado - I Wouldn’t Change A Thing
H Ellis - Won’t You Come Back To Me Baby
Lorraine Johnson - If You Want Me To Be More Of A Woman
Autographs - Loves Going To Do You In
Five Stairs Steps -I’m The One Who Loves You
John Edwards - Spread The News
Radiations - That’s The Way
Enchanted Five - Darling I Need You Now
Frank Turner – All For My Kids
Patti Drew - Falling In And Out Of Love
JP Robinson - Keep Me Satisfied
Jeanette Williams - Friend Of Mine
Jaibi - It Was Like A Nightmare
Soul Stirrers - I’m Trying To Be Your Friend
Otis Clay - Holding Onto A Dying Love
Tommy Turner - I’ll Be Gone
Art Jerry Miller - Got To Get Home

• Up vote 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Dean Anderson is joined on the Sound Of Soul™ on Independence Day by the dynamic duo Brian Goucher and Andrew Dyson. Two hours of pure quality soul right across the soul spectrum plus the usual banter and comic interludes from Mr D.

• Up vote 4

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
On 29/06/2019 at 21:09, Sean Hampsey said:

Claude & The Brotherhood 👍

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

John Manship makes a welcome return to the studios of Radio Newark to join Dean Anderson and Gez on the Sound Of Soul ™ for two hours of quality soul music & chat. Not to be missed!

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Malayka Erpen is our special guest tonight on the Sound of Soul joining Dean Anderson and Gez for 2 hours of soul right across the spectrum. This well travelled young Soulstress has managed to fit us in between one of her many flurry's on the worldwide shores. Malayka is still very much involved in promoting, collecting, dj'ing and like all good dj's, dancing! Another sucessful Bamberg this year and much more to discuss.

• Up vote 5

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Gilly & Nicola make a welcome return to the studios of Radio Newark to join Dean Anderson on the Sound of Soul for (nearly) two hours of rare soul and banter.

Listen live Thursday's at 8pm - locally on 107.8FM, on DAB, or on the Radio Newark website http://www.radionewark.co.uk/radioplayer/ 
https://www.radionewark.co.uk/mobile-app/
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.radionewark&hl=en_GB
Also available using the TuneIn app on your mobile or the TuneIn website http://tunein.com/radio/Radio-Newark-s193516/ 
Radio Newark DAB Radio Player

• Up vote 2
  • Listening 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Ali Faraj, straight outta the USofA and Nottingham's Mick H join Dean Anderson and Gez in the studio for two hours of The Sound Of Soul.

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Dean Anderson and Gez are once again joined by the nutty but nice Twisted Sisters Debbie Carty & Cazzy Burgess and Scott Molyneux for three hours of off the wall hard hitting soul music.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Dean Anderson is joined for a second time Lynne & Dave Girdwood.

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Dean Anderson's Sound of Soul is graced with two legends of the scene who have a bout 150 years experience between them :)  Both can talk the hind legs off a donkey but there is room for some music.  Stuart Cosgrove, vast amount of experience and knowledge and as well as being a successful broadcaster he is now a critically acclaimed writer with his books on Black Music a must read for everyone with an interest in Soul Music.  Guy Hennigan, legendary Dj from the 70s and of course the Stafford All-nighters, the king of the cover up and one who has discovered as many records as anyone.  Enjoy an informative enjoyable three hours of music, chat and banter.

Edited by Chalky
  • Up vote 1
  • Listening 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

This week on The Sound Of Soul ™ Dean Anderson is joined by two of Scotland's finest, Colin Law and John Buckley.  Two hours of great soul music and chat.

• Up vote 1
  • Listening 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Dean Anderson is joined on The Sound Of Soul ™ by one of the legends of the scene Ginger Taylor. There isn't much he hasn't done on this scene and there aren't many places he hasn't Dj'ed. As always Ginger is great fun with two hours of some great stories and super soul music.

• Up vote 2
  • Listening 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Dean Anderson is once again joined on The Sound Of Soul ™  by Malayka Erpen for more quality across the board soul music from all the genres, Malayka's life in 10 records and an hour of European only releases.

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Dean Anderson is joined on the Sound of Soul for two hours of great music and chat by Tania J Hamilton and Tony Mee.

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

On tonight‘s sound of soul with Dean Anderson and Alan Kitchener a tribute to the late John Anderson who passed away just over A week ago. 

**** Sound of Soul - 10 October 2019 ****

📻🎶 **** Radio Newark from *** 8 pm till 10 pm**** 🎶📻

The Sound of Soul, the home of 'My Life in 10 Records' will tonight bring you our tribute to a true icon of the Northern and Rare Soul scene, and the wider Soul music scene John Anderson. The owner of Soul Bowl records, Northern Soul labels Grapevine (UK), Soul Junction not to forget Expansion records. John was involved in too many projects to name. All I need say the absolute fact is: none of us would be doing what we are doing right now, this interaction without this man. RIP(Sir) John 🙏🏿xx.

Thank you to Alan Kitchener, Dave Welding and Karl White plus numerous contributors who have assembled some fabulous factual information for the show!

Join us tonight for another 2 hours of quality music and conversation.

Listen live - locally on 107.8FM, or on the Radio Newark website

http://www.radionewark.co.uk

http://www.radionewark.co.uk/radioplayer/

http://tunein.com/radio/Radio-Newark-s193516/

Edited by Chalky

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

**** Sound of Soul - 10 October 2019 ****
📻🎶 **** Radio Newark from *** 8 pm till 10 pm**** 🎶📻
The Sound of Soul will tonight bring you our tribute to a true icon of the Northern and Rare Soul scene, and the wider Soul music scene John Anderson. The owner of Soul Bowl records, Northern Soul labels Grapevine (UK), Soul Junction not to forget Expansion records. John was involved in too many projects to name. All I need say the absolute fact is: none of us would be doing what we are doing right now, this interaction without this man. RIP(Sir) John 🙏🏿xx. 
Thank you to Alan Kitchener, Dave Welding and Karl White plus numerous contributors who have assembled some fabulous factual information for the show!

You must listen to the show if only to hear Val Shively's emotional tribute he recorded for his friend of almost 50 years.

Edited by Chalky
  • Up vote 2
  • Listening 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Recent Sound Of Soul ™ show from Dean Anderson

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Last weeks show, a good un at that, Jordan Wilson and Charlotte Hindley, two youngsters making waves on the scene across Europe.  Their energy and enthusiasm is infectious, taste in music ain't bad either.

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Last nights on  Sound Of Soul ™ Dean Anderson and Alan Kitchener were joined by non other than Tim Ashibende.  A great show with some great chat and useless info as Tim calls it.

• Up vote 1
  • Listening 1

Share this forum post

soul source url

Soul Media - Audio/Video Forum

A soul radio, podcasts, video talk forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

1. Dean Andersons Radio Show Sunday Night
    All About the SOUL by soulmaster on Sun 13 Feb 2005
    • 6 / 1314
    • Byrney on 13 Feb 2005
  2. Dean Andersons Soul Show
    All About the SOUL by Manfromsoul45s on Sun 29 Mar 2009
    • 2 / 423
    • Premium Stuff on 29 Mar 2009
  3. Dean Andersons Radio Show- Gilly As Guest
    All About the SOUL by Dennisoul on Wed 06 Jun 2012
    • 45 / 1509
    • Reg Scott on 19 Jun 2012
  4. Secret Stash Records Special Tonight Dean Andersons TNT Show
    All About the SOUL by Mark Bicknell on Thu 11 May 2017
    • 6 / 1186
    • paup-ine on 14 May 2017
    • 3 / 794
    • rnb1980 on 23 May 2012
  5. Michael Dean - Lovehygh - Sterling Wave Sound
    Record Sales by schenschen on Wed 25 Sep 2013
    • 1 / 876
    • schenschen on 25 Sep 2013
  6. Dean Anderson Boundary Sound
    All About the SOUL by Byrney on Sun 17 Dec 2006
    • 2 / 648
    • hootenannie on 18 Dec 2006

Source Adverts

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.